Photo

a thought on exercise...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 dreww

dreww

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:29 AM

So I'm watching the Olympics and I notice not ONE of the athletes has acne...they all have perfectly clear skin. Actually, anyone I know who plays a sport or is active all the time has pretty clear skin. coincidence? i think not.

It's simple really. If your consistently exercising you WILL look better. 100% sure of it..your body as no other choice tongue.gif Just try it out. Run. Walk.. just do something and be consistent about it. I can guarantee results.

Exercise will improve the fitness of your internal organs so they will be able to work more efficiently. Improved cardio-vascular fitness will mean your heart and lungs will get oxygen round your body more effectively. Your liver, kidneys and bowel will be able to work better to get the right nutrients out of the food you eat and get toxins out of your system more quickly. Exercise rebalances hormones and reduces stress — both are precursors of acne.

So put away all the products and pills and get out there!

#2 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:38 AM

Haven't been looking at women's weightlifting, have you? bb_icon_rolleyes.gif
Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

#3 Cervantes18

Cervantes18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:39 AM

Maybe its also because most of , if not all the people in Olympics are full grown adults and wouldnt suffer from acne either way.

#4 AlexAlmighty

AlexAlmighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:03 AM

i have seen atleast a dozen ppl with acne in the olympics, mostly swimmers,tennis players and some gymnastique.
I say let me never be complete,
I say may I never be content,
I say deliver me from Swedish furniture,
I say deliver me from clever arts,
I say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth,
I say you have to give up,
I say evolve and let the chips fall where they may.
--Fight Club: This is your life

"Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

#5 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:44 AM

Nah Drew has definately got a point! a lot of my acne clear when i started running! What have you got to lose? beside's, you should all be doing some level of fitness. For some people this will supplement towards clearer skin...

#6 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (Sam The Man @ Aug 19 2004, 02:25 AM)
Haven't been looking at women's weightlifting, have you? rolleyes.gif

omfg, no shit.. tongue.gif you have any idea what they eat? they consume whole porks wink.gif

#7 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Stu :-) @ Aug 19 2004, 03:31 AM)
Nah Drew has definately got a point! a lot of my acne clear when i started running! What have you got to lose? beside's, you should all be doing some level of fitness. For some people this will supplement towards clearer skin...

With the accent on cardio-vascular fitness yes, but not for massbuilding.

#8 Jedi_Mark_Trick

Jedi_Mark_Trick

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:58 AM

in regard to the weightlifters they probably have acne because they are on some kind of steroids!!!!!

And yes exercising is definetly good for acne. It think it would help the body to get rid of toxins and such especially when you sweat during the course of it (although i do know that sometimes some people do react badly to sweat on their skin)

#9 AlexAlmighty

AlexAlmighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:37 AM

i did cardio workout some moths ago and it didnt have any impact on my skin tongue.gif
I say let me never be complete,
I say may I never be content,
I say deliver me from Swedish furniture,
I say deliver me from clever arts,
I say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth,
I say you have to give up,
I say evolve and let the chips fall where they may.
--Fight Club: This is your life

"Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

#10 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:26 AM

So I'm watching the Olympics and I notice not ONE of the athletes has acne...they all have perfectly clear skin.

I noticed that too!!! especially the gymnasts and the swimmers...at least that's all i got a chance to watch.

i think it is true that they are at the top of their physical fitness as well as internal fitness. but genes also play a small part.

part of being an olympian is having enough self-confidence to continue what you are doing that puts you in the spotlight. and if they constantly obsessed about skin problems then there's no way they could focus on their sport. that said, i know from personal experience, i have let my health slip a bit just because i didn't even want to show up at the gym with acne. and EVEN IF i was genetically pre-disposed to be good at a certain sport i wouldn't have the fortitude to put my heart and soul into it because i don't have enough self-confidence to pull it off...ya know?

#11 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (AlexAlmighty @ Aug 19 2004, 08:24 AM)
i did cardio workout some moths ago and it didnt have any impact on my skin tongue.gif

yeh, thats y it works for some...

#12 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:34 AM

in regard to the weightlifters they probably have acne because they are on some kind of steroids!!!!!

Dream on. A kid from my hometown is on the Olympic "benchteam" for swimming and even though he hasn't touched a pool, he called home saying that he's had 5 drug tests in his first 4 days in Athens.

And the main reason they're clear is because most Olympians have "grown out" of acne. Beyond that -- the girls do wear makeup (just look at Carly Patterson from the US Gymnastic team to know that's true).

#13 bestscreennameever

bestscreennameever

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (malia @ Aug 19 2004, 08:13 AM)
I noticed that too!!! especially the gymnasts and the swimmers...at least that's all i got a chance to watch.

Really? I noticed several female swimmers and gymnasts with acne.

#14 WeCanDoThis

WeCanDoThis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:48 AM

I dont know exactly why cardio excercise (like running) works to control my acne.

All that I know is that it does in fact work... well.

However, it has been my experience through the years that to achieve good results you have to be:

1. Fairly consistent in your work out
2. Do excercise that really gets your pulse rate up (like running or the like)
3. Do some serious work out (like running 5-10 miles, 3-4 times a week for instance although it is most likely different from each individual how much he or she has to put in.)
I just like to be sure that I run enough to keep me clear.

Apart from your skin clearing up and looking good, you will have multiple other benefits like weight control, general health improvement, increased energy etc.. and basically just feeling good about yourself and your body and face.

You just have to have the self dicipline to be consistent in your training so the key to clearing up and improved health is really within yourself.

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

#15 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (BenKweller @ Aug 19 2004, 07:21 PM)

Dream on. A kid from my hometown is on the Olympic "benchteam" for swimming and even though he hasn't touched a pool, he called home saying that he's had 5 drug tests in his first 4 days in Athens.

Does someone really think that it's possible to win an olympic gold medal in weightlifting without using "stuff"? Come on now.....bb_icon_rolleyes.gif
Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

#16 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:51 PM

I think it helps for a few reasons. First, it is great for stress which is the biggest contributor for acne IMO-especially adult acne. Also it releases endorphins which make you happy smile.gif Next, it improves circulation which includes circulation to the skin.
Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

#17 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:53 PM

Using anything gets you banned for life. Like the Romanian girl who got her gold taken away because her doctor gave her a pill when she had a cold and it contained a banned substance.

#18 bestscreennameever

bestscreennameever

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (BenKweller @ Aug 19 2004, 01:40 PM)
Using anything gets you banned for life. Like the Romanian girl who got her gold taken away because her doctor gave her a pill when she had a cold and it contained a banned substance.

No...getting CAUGHT using anything gets you banned. smile.gif

#19 Sam The Man

Sam The Man

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (holly_lujah @ Aug 19 2004, 10:41 PM)
No...getting CAUGHT using anything gets you banned.  smile.gif

bb_eusa_whistle.gif Yeah, that's true. I think they will give you 2 years for using stuff the first time. Unless you're an american, then you can take it to court and get away with nothing. They are starting to actually test american athletes now during training periods also, which is nice...... If they would only do that in Russia, China and other countries as well. cool.gif

Basically if you get caught during competition testing, someone (the team doctor) has screwed up.

#20 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:26 PM

Like emmaneul said, there's various reasons:

Stress Release

Improved stress tolerance

Improved Circulation

Detoxification via sweat

Improved metabolism

Increases Insulin Sensitivity (reduces Insulin Resistance)

Increases Sex-Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG, reduces Free Testosterone)

While I know others have from either carb loading, supplements, or sweat, I personally have never broken out after working out. Usually my skin glows and I feel more energized afterwards so it's all good for me.

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.