#41 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:57 AM

Day 33:

A FACE FULL OF FLAKES !!!

But on a positive note everything is looking pretty good, my face is looking a lot better than a month ago! eusa_dance.gif

Just hoping and wishing my AHA comes soon to help fade these red marks .......

Alsooo I am looking into Johnson's Baby Shampoo to hopefully combat the forehead break outs! As I am sure the shampoo I am using is causing the break outs so maybe I need something a lot more gentle!

It is so sunny and lovely out wub.gif

Edited by squares, 08 March 2011 - 11:22 AM.

Started regime: 04/02/11

AM & PM:

1) WASH: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

2) MEDICATE: Panoxyl 2.5% Aquagel BP 1 pump of Acne.Org BP (09/03/11)

3) MOISTURISE: Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion / Lac Hydrin Five
(with 3-4 drops of Jojoba Oil)

SPF 15: Olay Sensitive Moisturising UV Fluid

4) Acne.Org AHA+ every night X2 a week (08/05/11)

Visit My Acne.Org Regimen Log :-)

#42 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:18 AM

I WOKE UP THIS LOVELY WEDNESDAY MORNING TO FIND THAT DAN'S BP WAS WAITING FOR ME ON THE TABLE....

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! wub.gif eusa_dance.gif wub.gif

I did actually order AHA first but for some reason the BP came first, it only took 10 days to ship to the UK smile.gif Not sure how to use it yet so I am going to continue using panoxyl for this morning have a little look at Dan's video and start using it either tonight or tomorrow's application! biggrin.gif

AM & PM:

#43 winniepig1

winniepig1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:24 AM

THAT IS EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have fun with it!
~my regimen~
morning
-Brush Teeth
-Body Shop Tea Tree OIL cleanser
-pad dry face
-put on Dan's treatment
-wait til dry
-put on cetaphil for dry and sensitive skin lotion
night
-Shower
-Same with morning.

check out my Regimen Log HERE

#44 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

Day 34:

Okay so I am really dealing with a face full of flakes, dryness, redness and argh all over itching!!!!!!!!!!!! It is incredibly frustrating, my face looks like cornflakes (colour and texture) but funnily enough it doesn't make me want to give up or quit the regime. My skin is looking A LOT clearer I just wish this awful stage passes... SOON!

I made the switch to Dan's BP from PanOxyl 2.5% Aquagel. I have only used it once tonight so I can't really comment until the morning. Initial thoughts: hopeful because everyone raves about!!!
It smells more medicated than PanOxyl, it stung slightly which PanOxyl doesn't generally after a couple of weeks (maybe because my skin is new to it?) but it does glide on nicely though I found PanOxyl did too. I guess what I really want is for it to be gentler and less irritating than PanOxyl. PanOxyl was very effective for me it just was too damn irritating! The only thing I was unsure of was how many pumps I was meant to be using. I was using one full finger length of PanOxyl, tonight I used three full pumps as I am in my 5th week, I felt I had too much on and I was struggling where to put it so I may reduce this to 2 and a half tomorrow until I find reasoning behind three pumps.

At the moment I have three painful, red lumps on my forehead which have been here a day or two but no sign of a head forming on them. And one on my cheek again here for a couple of days but no head. I will keep you updated with what the BP does to them.

ALSO... NEWS ON MY AHA biggrin.gif I got a note from Royal Mail and it is with them as there is a custom charge of 12 pounds so I shall pick that up tomorrow biggrin.gif

Good night all smile.gif x

AM & PM:

#45 retretretretretret

retretretretretret

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

If you were only using one finger's length of Panoxyl, you probably shouldn't be using more than 2 pumps of Dan's bp. I'd even say you should start with 1 and a half. 3 is WAY too big a leap. Good luck!
My Regimen:

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser or Spectro Jel Cleanser
PanOxyl AQ 2.5% Acne.org Treatment
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion + jojoba oil ("now solutions" brand)

and I use Almay Nearly Naked Liquid Makeup Terra Firma Hydrasilk Mineral Foundation when the redness is bad

95% cleared of mild/moderate acne!

#46 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (retretretretretret @ Mar 9 2011, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you were only using one finger's length of Panoxyl, you probably shouldn't be using more than 2 pumps of Dan's bp. I'd even say you should start with 1 and a half. 3 is WAY too big a leap. Good luck!

Thank you so much for that. I was really confused. I just saw on the flyer that was attached "3 whole pumps" and assumed. But I am guessing that is what I should eventually be on. That would explain the stinging then lol... eusa_shifty.gif

AM & PM:

#47 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Day 36 (5 weeks)

Quite a lot to update in terms of the products I have been using:

• I have switched from PanOxyl 2.5% Aquagel to Acne.Org BP treatment
  • I have also recieved my AHA which I have only been skin testing so far
  • My Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Wash has come to an end so I am going to pick up a new one tomorrow (it lasted a month)
  • I used two and a half PanOxyl tubes (the more BP I used the quicker the tubes finished) and then I switched to Dan's BP so still got two spare tubes left over.

Okay what have I found with Dan's BP. Do you know what I thought BP was BP and people exaggerated when they said how great Dan's was... but it really is! There is such a difference. It is as effective as Panoxyl but so much more gentle, I am no beetroot anymore, and I don't feel like my face is going to crack off, also I like the look of it on my face I don't look dehydrated!!!

The AHA so far I have just tested on my jawline and today a blob on my chin and to spot treat a pustule on my cheek. It doesn't sting yet... but I am assuming it will soon when I do more than my chin. But I am just going to do my jaw area for a few days and work up to my cheeks on Monday. Btw... IT SMELLS GREAT biggrin.gif I don't know why as it is kind of strange smelling but I like it:D

Over all I have been feeling slighty rolleyes.gif eusa_shifty.gif pesemistic. Could be because of that time of the month.The dead skin and flakes were really getting me down. But I am being too hard on myself and expecting miracles and so far it is going really well but I am a while away at being completely clear, marks and all gone. So I took down my countdown from my signature and my hopeful deadline is May, I think I may meet this but if I don't I am just going to keep going. I always want to keep with this routine as I said previously I enjoy doing it. It isn't a massive drag and I like how my skin feels when it is moisturised. I never went to that much effort in moistursing EVER.

That's all guys, have a great weekend smile.gif xoxo

P.S If anyone wants to see pics so far just PM me, as I would rather that than have them up permenantly smile.gif

Edited by squares, 11 March 2011 - 09:27 AM.

AM & PM:

#48 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

Day 37:

I would just like to say how happy I am biggrin.gif andddd how great Dan's BP is. I don't know if I am imagining things but my red marks are fading. In a strange way they seem to like be breaking up into small fragments?! Like imagine a straight line broken up into little dots... well that is what has happened to one of my marks, one of the more noticeable ones!

I LOVE DAN'S BP biggrin.gif

that is all!

I bought some more Cetaphil Cleanser seen as I run out and got some LOVELY shampoo and condition that smells great called "HAPPY HAIR DAYS" it is blueberry and pear and it says:

gentle forumulations
no prabens
no sulphates
no mineral oils

so hopefully better for my forehead! From Boots for Eight pounds for both- tad spensive but oh well I am in a great mood biggrin.gif

Xxx

AM & PM:

#49 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:40 AM

Day 42:

Been a couple of days since my last post so thought I would update!

I had a little breakout. It was quite disheartening seen as everything was going so well. It could have been down to the AHA, the fact I had my period or tbh I wasn't being all that gentle, or could just be a breakout! It is hard to tell. They were pretty big spots and they were all on my cheek that was really clear of marks and all, which has been clear since I started the regimen. So could be purging maybe, it sure looked like that. I had three in total. Two on my cheek and one smallish one on my forehead. They look less red but still pretty visible. I have been spot treating with AHA which tbh I don't feel is doing miricles. I have also been icing them. I haven't touched them so hoping they will go away without leaving a mark.

I read somewhere breakouts on the forehead are diet related and I believe my previous shampoo was being further irritating. I was also washing my hair with this awful shampoo every day. So I have cut down on the shampooing to twice a week and with the shampoo I mentioned in my last post. So far my forehead looks ok minus the red marks which hopefully will subside if I can control the breakouts there. I am going to give it two weeks of clear to see if it is working. As my forehead breaks out, clears up and breaks out again.

Hoping this break out clears up soon. I guess reading other peoples logs definitely makes things easier knowing that I just need to be patient and persistant with the regime.

Happier note... it is a LURVELY DAY:)

Edited by squares, 17 March 2011 - 08:43 AM.

AM & PM:

#50 winniepig1

winniepig1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:45 AM

Hi hun!

Don't be upset when there are new breakouts. Iv been eating junk in my bf's house lately and girl, isn't my face purging right now as well? Iam having new breakouts as well, but i think they are more diet and sleeping schedule related. But my face is less red in general!!! Wchich is a good thing.

keep it up smile.gif
~my regimen~
morning
-Brush Teeth
-Body Shop Tea Tree OIL cleanser
-pad dry face
-put on Dan's treatment
-wait til dry
-put on cetaphil for dry and sensitive skin lotion
night
-Shower
-Same with morning.

check out my Regimen Log HERE

#51 Manticore

Manticore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (squares @ Mar 17 2011, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...I was also washing my hair with this awful shampoo every day. So I have cut down on the shampooing to twice a week and with the shampoo I mentioned in my last post. So far my forehead looks ok minus the red marks which hopefully will subside if I can control the breakouts there. I am going to give it two weeks of clear to see if it is working. As my forehead breaks out, clears up and breaks out again...

There have been a few threads about using Head & Shoulders shampoo for treating body acne. Have you thought of using this, if you suspect that your shampoo might be aggravating your skin?

I have just started using it myself, as I still get occasional scalp acne (is nowhere safe LOL). It's too early to say if it is working yet (only used it once so far), but if it gets on your face or body, it can only do it good (according to some members).

It always feels like a setback when things are going well & then, bam! new critters spring up. If only they would disappear as fast as they appear. evil.gif Looking back at my photos, I was still getting new spots up to week 7, so keep doing what you're doing. You'll get there in the end. Best of luck.
My Gallery photos - Clear in 8 weeks:-
http://www.acne.org/...my-spotsworked/

#52 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:39 AM

Awh thank you, you guys smile.gif

It is so nice to have support on here, it encourages me to keep going! One good thing is I never feel like packing it all in. I can only hope my persistance and patience will finally pay off!

Manticore: I did read about the Head and Shoulder's Shampoo let me know how you get on with it. I am going to give the Happy Hair Day's stuff a go and see how I get on with that. I have only used it once, if no luck (but it better be I paid 8 quid for them!!!) then I shall give Head and Shoulder's a go!

Also lol just over a month later.... I realised eggs aren't dairy?! Why oh why did I ever think they were?! :S Cringe...

Edited by squares, 17 March 2011 - 09:40 AM.

AM & PM:

#53 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

Day 48:

Thought I would do an update as I haven't for a couple of days. Had a breakout in one area of my face quite noticeable area, on my cheek right near my nose, so about 2 big spots which look more like four. Not your normal type, disgusting, infected and horrible looking. I then decided to pick them and made it worse. I know I shouldnt have but they look awful as they were. I did try using AHA on them when I felt them coming it did nothing for me. So now they are here it has been over a week ish they look awful and were as the rest of my face is looking pretty good it just puts a huge dampen on things. These are probably the worse I have had since being on the regimen. Um they are most likely to leave PIH marks I am assuming.And gr I am mad. After things going really well until day 37... I feel like I am right back were i started. Okay I exaggerate lol but it is really annoying eusa_wall.gif

I don't think it was any of my products, could possibly have been my diet I was eating a lot of crap, but I am going to keep going and hopefully they will clear up with minimal marking:(
Right now I am doing my regime as normal just putting a blob of petroleum jelly on top of that area. It really helps me in not forming as much of a mark and healing quite quickly and hopefully once things look better the AHA will sort out the marks.

All in all very peed off censored.gif

Edited by squares, 23 March 2011 - 06:39 AM.

AM & PM:

#54 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

Well after my earlier rant I did want to mention something which may help others who are suffering from the same problem.

I kept breaking out on my forehead, where as everywhere else was doing pretty good and I couldn't work out why. Now it has only been two weeks ish I think, so things could change but I put it down to two things:

1) I was eating really greasy food almost everyday. My diet is pretty okay minus that huge factor, since I have stopped binging on that crap things seem better...

2) I changed my shampoo and condition to acne friendly ones. If you read earlier posts you'll see the details on that!

3) Also I putted A LOT of BP on this area aswell as AHA to give it a dual effect.

So far things are better on my forehead but then again things could change so fingers crossed. I was getting quite painful lumps on my forehead so that has definitely improved.

Anyhow midnight rambles I thought I would share smile.gif

AM & PM:

#55 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

Day 50 (7 weeks) :

eusa_clap.gif eusa_dance.gif smile.gif

Even I am suprised that I stuck to this for 50 DAYS !!!

Okay I wanted to give a full overview of how things have been for me over these 50 days. I have never really explained what I used before DKR or how long I have had acne or even when it begun.

I had good skin until the age of 19. I am now almost 22. I have battled mild (occasions moderate) and persistant acne for almost 3 years. At first I would never admit to having acne, as I just don't know how I got it or where it came from when I had such clear skin up until then. I skipped it through the teenage years and moving into adolescene I was beginning to get spots! I started off with topical Zineryt which worked for me for a while and then I think my acne became resistant to it. I then used Duac for a little while, that did nothing for me. I then tried hormonal birth control pills Dianette in conjunction with Zineryt and that worked really well for me. Minus the moodswings, depression and the fact that the internal damage it was causing it just wasn't worth it for clear skin. I have also tried a number of natural holistic remedies- turmeric masks, lemon, tea tree oil etc. None of these worked just made my skin very red and irritated. I joined Acne.Org a year ago but it never occured to me to try Dan's regime. I don't know, sounds silly, but it didn't stick out all that much to me.

I changed GP's, this GP is lovely and very easy to talk to. So I talked about my skin with her and she suggested to try PanOxyl BP 2.5% and Tetralysal for two months. Coincidently I came back onto this website, no intention of started the DKR and somehow manged to get on the product page and that same weekend I purchased Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Wash and I had Simple Moisturiser. I had all three things I needed to start the regime. So I did. The great thing about Dan's regime is he tells you EXACTLY how to follow the regime, step by step. I used PanOxyl before but I never thought to use it all over my face (not just problem areas), I never thought to be gentle and I most certainly didn't think to stick through it with my face peeling with brown dead skin and a red irritated face. Dan told us exactly what to expect so I kept going... Since then obviously I have adapted with preffered moisturisers, jojoba oil, AHA, Dan's BP.

It has been 50 days of trial and error. Remembering to be gentle, forgetting occasionally, trying again, back tracking and re watching Dan's videos, reading other logs for inspiration and asking questions when in doubt. I haven't wore any make up for 50 days and for me that is a big thing. I have got used to being bare face. I have had to put up with questions like "what are all those flakes, why is your face so red..." but I don't know because I have hope with this regimen I am happy to answer these questions. I feel I am a lot more clued up about my skin now and it is important to know what each step in the regime is doing. What the BP does and how moisturising is beneficial, why it's so important to keep to the 10-12 hour gap between applications. When you know the reason behind these things it is easier to understand why you must keep to it.

I have really been dedicated in doing this and I will continue to be until I am 100% clear. I just want to get back to how I used to be. Confident, happy and out going. No-one restricts me from being this way I guess sometimes I am my own worst enemy. I have recently put off donig something I really wanted to do because of the break out I had recently. But now a couple of days on the breakout is clearing and I WISH I went sad.gif eusa_boohoo.gif

I think the importance of clean pillow cases, towels, hands can't be stressed enough. These things are just normal for me now I like it that way to be honest.

All in all it has been almost two months of ups and downs. But so many more ups than downs. This breakout I am recovering from is the worst I have had in two months and to be honest thinking before the regime, that is good! I am not where I thought I would be for 50 days but to be honest I think I was unrealistic but I am by no means not happy with where I am and I look forward to getting into my 3rd month and see where it takes me! Funnily enough I put off going somwhere I really wanted to for a breakout and in the past two days I have had two compliments from people who used to bug me the most about "what happened to your beautiful skin?" So I feel silly now sad.gif They actually said.. "wow it really is working isn't it?" wub.gif

I would definitely recommend this regimen. It takes a lot of patience, effort, willpower and courage. You get asked alot of stupid questions but if you explain to those nearest to you
(my sister is quite sick of my progress by now:P i tell her all the time) it makes it easier for them to understand what you are going through. Any questions or advice I will be more than happy to help!

Edited by squares, 24 March 2011 - 06:35 PM.

AM & PM:

#56 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

Day 51:

Skin is slowly recovering from the breakout I had. My break out is slowly going down but still there. One of the spots (that looks like two) is blood filled, so looks pretty awful, I know from previous experience these take ages to go away and usually leave PIH. Um the other one looks better, a lot flatter, but still there. They have both been around for two weeks ish. Like I said the worse breakout I have had on the regimen.

Been using AHA+ almost every night/other night this week. Only yesterday did I feel the irritation of it. I have been warned everywhere to use it every 2-3 night but I love it so much I have been over using it. So I am not going to use it now until Tuesday (It is Saturday today) and stick to every two days.

Did a jojoba oil exfoliation mask yesterday which definitely helped with the flakes. I had really bad flaking, might do another one on Tuesday.

Ummm I had my eyebrows threaded, I usually breakout near my eyebrows when I do this, so just to be careful I put quite a bit of BP and AHA in this area to hopefully help.

That is all smile.gif

Edited by squares, 26 March 2011 - 05:26 AM.

AM & PM:

#57 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:51 AM

Day 54:

The famous "break out" is still there....slowlyyyyy recovering. Looking less blood filled, less inflamed, everything looks pretty good except it is annoying as it stands out a whole lot more! I did mention that I had two big spots in that area which looked like four, now two of these were blood filled and one was flesh coloured which was huge, I am starting to think it is a cyst. It seems to be filled with water. Just leaving it alone, it has actually reduced in size a lot since when I first had it. I am spot treating with AHA which seems to be helping just taking some time ....

Red marks are slowlyyyy fading but still visible.

Forehead is definitely better since the change in Shampoo.

I have noticed applying AHA+ to areas where a spot may be coming is definitely stopping it in its track. The mistake I was making before was I was putting it on once the spot had already formed.

I have noticed my skin looks better at the PM application, I don't know why that is, maybe after being moisturised all day.

I am on the look for a new moisturiser when Cetaphil finishes. I want something which doesn't look so greasy.. I have a while until it does finish so I can have a look around, any good suggestions anyone?

Edited by squares, 29 March 2011 - 03:52 AM.

AM & PM:

#58 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Skin care, cooking, animals, murdering acne.

Achievements

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

i recommend Dove Deep Moisture if you have it over in the UK smile.gif

Destroy what destroys you.
ACCUTANE
Month 1: 2 days @ 10mg, 8 days @ 20mg, rest of the month @ 40mg

#59 squares

squares

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

Day 57 (2 months)/ 8 weeks:

I wanted to write a two month update for both myself and for whoever is reading of what I have learnt and what I want to improve from today.

smile.gif The regimen does work

smile.gif Patience and dedication to the regimen is a must

smile.gif When cleansing, applying BP and moisturising Dan isn't exaggerating you must be gentle

I have encountered a slight set back which is taking a little while to clear. Other than that I would say I am 75-80% clear. I want to be 90-100% clear so I will keep on with this journey. I am not going to give up because of a break out (as disheartening as it is) as I think it was down to some of the factors that I am going try and avoid for Month 3

I have some things I would like to start doing to hopefully help/ fast track my progress for the Month 3:

exclaim.gif During my breakout I was doing a lot of picking and prodding (I know this is probably what made it linger longer and spread to cause further breakouts)

exclaim.gifI also peel a lot of the dead skin away another bad habit

exclaim.gifI want to drink more water so I may log this aswell as I find I keep to it more

exclaim.gif Do a jojoba oil exfoliation mask ONCE a week only

exclaim.gifI want to keep off my log as I feel I focus a lot on my face when I keep updating I find I become more sceptical of my skin (but it has improved a lot) I will update weekly instead of every other day!

Happy Friday wiggle.gif

Edited by squares, 01 April 2011 - 08:19 AM.

AM & PM:

#60 DILAD

DILAD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

Hey squares - why are you only going to be doing one jojoba exfoliation per week now? Were there bad consequences to you doing it more regularly?

Also, do you happen to have any before and after pictures of your progress? I'm feel sceptical and disheartened! Glad you feel it's working for you though smile.gif