Photo

How I Cleared My Acne After 26 Years. Try It.

green tea zinc selenium gluten juicing probiotic depression oily skin

435 replies to this topic

#421 sona87

sona87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

Ok, I am going to try your regime with full will power. I will wait patiently for the results! Wish me luck! And if it works for me then GOD BLESS YOU! I will wish for you from the bottom of my heart that every happiness may fall in your lap. 

#422 John457

John457

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

I've been juicing for 8 straight days now and although I haven't noticed any real  progress, I am hopeful and committed to sticking with it.

Also, has anyone heard of the "Miracle Drink" AKA "ABC Juice? It's apples, beets, and carrots. I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread but apparently it's excellent for acne-prone skin. I'm somewhat suspicious of the high sugar content but still interested in the benefits of this drink.

Edited by John457, 08 March 2014 - 07:41 PM.

Current Skincare Regimen

MORNING

Green Tea Cleanser from Dermatologist

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion

Murad Acne Treatment Concealer (Light) 

NIGHT

OTHER

Monthly Chemical Peels (Salicylic and Glycolic Based)

Current Supplements: Zinc, Vitamin D3.

Past Efforts: Topical Treatments (BP, Evoclin, Differin, Duac, Ziana, Epiduo, etc.); Antibiotics (Doxycycline, Bactrim, Solodyn); Other Treatments (IsoLaz, Chemical Peels, Supplementation, Elimination Diets, etc.)

#423 inthesameboat

inthesameboat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

Hi, 

I am 34 yrs old.  I have acne too.  It's not terrible but when I get one, it's large and at my age for business meetings and relationships it is terrible. I am not sure, but I feel I've seen a connection between my consumption of sugar/carbs/glucose however you prefer to call it and acne.  That said, I've also been given clonazepam which seems to help as well.  It's not so far fetch that when I cut down on glucose/sugar and am taken a anti-anxiety (VERY MILD- I"M VERY careful, anti-anxiety drugs are not good) I clear up.  But it's very difficult to know if these things are all connected.  I find that instead of going on a date (I'm attractive even in my old age) I will hibernate in my apartment rather than go out.  I've often thought I must suffer long term depression but I do believe the root of much of my self confidence issues is a life of battling acne.  It's not terrible compared to many teenagers cystic problems, but it's not easy.  Again I am attractive, intelligent, educated, fit, strong career, but still instead of meeting friends for a run on Sat/Sun morning, I'll drive to a park and run by myself when I have a significant outbreak.  Instead of going to festival or sitting on a patio when it's beautiful with friends and my dog, I'll stay inside and watch movies.  I have not called in sick for work but let me tell you there are times when it's taken every ounce of my grit not to do so.

#424 John457

John457

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

This may have already been answered somewhere in this thread, but I'm confused about the role of vegetables high in oxalic acid (particularly kale and spinach leaves). These vegetables are also very high in nutrients so I'm wondering how often they should be incorporated into one's juicing regimen. I noticed the OP didn't explicitly mention either of these vegetables in his original post.

What are some go-to recipes you guys use and what recipes do you use on a weekly basis?

Edited by John457, 30 March 2014 - 08:36 AM.

Current Skincare Regimen

MORNING

Murad Acne Treatment Concealer (Light) 

NIGHT

OTHER

Monthly Chemical Peels (Salicylic and Glycolic Based)

Current Supplements: Zinc, Vitamin D3.

Past Efforts: Topical Treatments (BP, Evoclin, Differin, Duac, Ziana, Epiduo, etc.); Antibiotics (Doxycycline, Bactrim, Solodyn); Other Treatments (IsoLaz, Chemical Peels, Supplementation, Elimination Diets, etc.)

#425 JoannaM

JoannaM

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

I've had acne for 10 years now, and I'm 23. I'm trying this regimen because it's bound to give benefits, even if it doesn't work for acne. Will update! 

#426 CyanCoral

CyanCoral

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Thank you  for this work, I appreciate the effort that went into it. I love when people do self experiments and find out what is best for them. Acne seems to be one of those tricky things that seems to be capable of being caused by many things in a weird feedback cycle. 

-Cheers

#427 Battle2011

Battle2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:24 AM

Thank you  for this work, I appreciate the effort that went into it. I love when people do self experiments and find out what is best for them. Acne seems to be one of those tricky things that seems to be capable of being caused by many things in a weird feedback cycle. 

-Cheers

Agree with you. Acne seems to be capable of being caused by so many things. Hard to know what to do to prevent it!

#428 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Bump

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#429 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

I just bought an Omega juicer. I probably won't be able to juice a ton (poor student), but I'm going to try to juice at least something every day. Today was my first time using the juicer and I made carrot and orange juice. It had lots of sugar in it, but I think it was a good experiment juice. In the future I plan to juice other things like beets, greens, sweet potatoes, etc. I'll let you guys know if it has any effect on my skin.

#430 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Achievements

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

I just bought an Omega juicer. I probably won't be able to juice a ton (poor student), but I'm going to try to juice at least something every day. Today was my first time using the juicer and I made carrot and orange juice. It had lots of sugar in it, but I think it was a good experiment juice. In the future I plan to juice other things like beets, greens, sweet potatoes, etc. I'll let you guys know if it has any effect on my skin.

I also just bought a juicer to a Breville.  Vegteables are not that expensive depending on where you shop.  Trader Joes has organic carrots for $89 cents per bag and celery is only $2 per bag.  Please keep us posted.  How is your skin as of now?  I am trying the juicing part of this regimen along with an elimination diet consisting of fish, veggies and a ton of sweet potatoes so we'll see if it makes a dent in my acne whatsoever.

Good Luck on your end too.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#431 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

I also just bought a juicer to a Breville.  Vegteables are not that expensive depending on where you shop.  Trader Joes has organic carrots for $89 cents per bag and celery is only $2 per bag.  Please keep us posted.  How is your skin as of now?  I am trying the juicing part of this regimen along with an elimination diet consisting of fish, veggies and a ton of sweet potatoes so we'll see if it makes a dent in my acne whatsoever.

Oh, I'm so glad someone else is also trying juicing! My skin right now is quite good thanks to eating a vegan diet and taking vitamin C. I don't have much inflamed acne, but I struggle with non-inflamed acne which is mostly concentrated in my t-zone. I'd love it if juicing could improve my non-inflamed acne a bit, make me a little less oily, and improve my skin tone. I hope we both see some improvement :)

#432 Guest_GetMeTheResults_*

Guest_GetMeTheResults_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

do you have any before and after pics?

#433 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

How has the juicing been going? I've been juicing everyday and I'm not noticing a huge difference. My skin might be a little less oily, but that's it.

#434 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

How has the juicing been going? I've been juicing everyday and I'm not noticing a huge difference. My skin might be a little less oily, but that's it.

It's going well!  I am not even noticing a reduction in oil but its only been 2 weeks.  I heard it can take months to notice the  slightest difference and that's if vitamin deficiencies are causing or contributing to acne. I want to give it a few months before i make up my mind about it.  Glad to hear you're doing well.

#435 GuyOnCouch

GuyOnCouch

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

Took 3 weeks of juicing, now I am 99% clear after 13 years dealing with acne. Only thing I did different was include raw turmeric with the other veggies. I didn't take any supplements. The last two years I've eaten mainly cooked foods, vegetarian mosltly, no oils, no dairy, no sugar, no bread, no beans, etc etc... A huge list of trigger foods and additives. lost way to much weight. But since I've started this regiment, the last five days I've been able to eat pizza and fried foods with only 2 small pimples. Had to share the good news. Hope this helps others like it did me. Honestly Brought me back to life. Big up the OP!

#436 GuyOnCouch

GuyOnCouch

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:14 PM

Forgot to mention, I've been taking probiotics for the last 2 months. 60 billion count, the kind that's refrigerated. Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users