How I Cleared My Acne After 26 Years. Try It.

457 posts in this topic

Can we just use a normal blender for the vegetables? I have quite a good one. Or does it need to be a juicer?

also are there certain vegetables I shouldn't use or can it be any?

how much juice do I consume...a pint?

thanks

Which time release B5 is everyone taking who is following this regimen? I can't seem to find one that is time release that's reputable.

On 10/26/2015, 1:04:53, essex11 said:

Can we just use a normal blender for the vegetables? I have quite a good one. Or does it need to be a juicer?

also are there certain vegetables I shouldn't use or can it be any?

how much juice do I consume...a pint?

thanks

There are pros and cons to both. Juicing leafy green vegetables creates a concentrated juice with little calories but leafy greens tend to contain high amounts of oxalates which could contribute to kidney stones in some people. Cruciferous vegetables(kale, broccoli, cabbage etc.) are high in thyroid suppressing compounds and if you eat too much of them everyday, especially as raw/uncooked, it could potentially begin to lower your thyroid hormones. When you blend vegetables, you still keep the fibres and rest of the nutrients that's attached to the fibre.

I normally only juice hard vegetables such as carrots and beetroot which are otherwise impossible to consume in high amounts because of high calories. Anything else like fruits and leafy greens, I just blend them into a smoothie.

Edited by Heinstar
1 person likes this

So I just found this today and had lots of questions, lol. Hopefully someone can help out.

1. I don't understand what the posters above mean about juicer vs blender. I have the NutriBullet, is that good enough?

2. The sweet potato and butternut squash is raw? Really?

3. Instead of olive oil/flaxseed/etc for fats, can you use avocado?

4. I've found in the past (at least with the NutriBullet), without water, the veggie juice is too thick (need to spoon it out!). What's the harm in a little water to make it go down quicker?

5. Is there harm in adding a single piece of fruit just to make it taste that little bit better?

6. Is the B5 supplement essential? 500mg still seems like a lot when the RDI is like 5-10mg?

7. Does the veggie juice have to be consumed on an empty stomach or can I eat something else with it?

8. Can someone elaborate on why the OP uses powdered wheatgerm? What is it and why use it?

Hello,

Please Advice dosage. I see everyone combining both L-caritine and B5 both what are your dosages?????

I currently am taking two pills of B5 and 1 pill (500 mag) of L-caritine (500mg)...is this enough? I've only started recently but no new breaks outs...So i don't know. Please advise appropriate dosage.

Bumping this so it doesn't go inactive. This is too valuable.

On 1/5/2016 at 4:43 AM, orty said:

So I just found this today and had lots of questions, lol. Hopefully someone can help out.

1. I don't understand what the posters above mean about juicer vs blender. I have the NutriBullet, is that good enough?

2. The sweet potato and butternut squash is raw? Really?

3. Instead of olive oil/flaxseed/etc for fats, can you use avocado?

4. I've found in the past (at least with the NutriBullet), without water, the veggie juice is too thick (need to spoon it out!). What's the harm in a little water to make it go down quicker?

5. Is there harm in adding a single piece of fruit just to make it taste that little bit better?

6. Is the B5 supplement essential? 500mg still seems like a lot when the RDI is like 5-10mg?

7. Does the veggie juice have to be consumed on an empty stomach or can I eat something else with it?

8. Can someone elaborate on why the OP uses powdered wheatgerm? What is it and why use it?

I once juiced a sweet potato and it kind of burned my mouth...or something. Pretty nasty.

I just wanna throw this out there, I did similar juicing a while ago and while it did help me lose weight, it did not help my skin. I did the same kind of juicing while avoiding sugars...however I didn't know about high glycemic indexes and high carbs and all that, so I was still eating g stuff like cereal and rice cakes. My opinion is, it could help some people but ypu may have to completely change your diet in addition to what's listed here. At least it can do no harm so I'd say try out if you have a mind to.