Photo

Does acne run in your family?

severe acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Rattina89

Rattina89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

I have severe acne. My older brother had severe acne. My younger brother had moderate acne. My aunt and my uncle on my mom's side had severe acne. A cousin on my mom's side has always had moderate acne.

This is all after puberty/teenage years btw. Just wondering if other people have noticed this...

Edited by Rattina89, 29 January 2011 - 03:25 PM.

My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors. - Maya Angelou

40mg Amnesteem (generic Accutane) once a day

#2 wishingbeautiful

wishingbeautiful

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:31 PM

It does run in my family, unfortunately sad.gif Both my mom, dad, brother, aunt, uncle, and cousins had it I guess mine is just genetics. Severe acne doesn't run in my family, though. Thank goodness!! I just have mild to moderate.
Never give up, Never give in.

#3 Guest_fugleee_dumbBUNNY_*

Guest_fugleee_dumbBUNNY_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

my mom once had acne (her bro my uncle didnt tho!! n herparents/my gparents didnt have!!), but she cured it pretty qickly with some herbs from somekind of herbal geezer or something and doing facials at diff derm places or whatev..n thats just grrrrroawrrz D8< ive done all that twoo duh + so much much moaar >__< but daamn my face is so damn shiteee anywayz eusa_doh.gif
mom also eats sweets n whatever n looots of dairy n cheese like EVERY SINGLE DAY OF HER LIFE! its not a day if there wasnt cheese! and dad is huge smoker (from his teenage!) n huge sugar eater n he eats veery poor n bad food all the time, n granmas im not even talking about eusa_doh.gif n all of them eat lots like LOTS of bread evry day, basically all my freekin fam eats crap n totally whatever all their life n all of their main foods consists of:
1-dairy!
2-grains n gluten n bread!
3-sugar
4-coffee
^ so there u have it perfect diet for no acne? thumbsup.gif bcz none of them had real acne shit on them evr!
n they have lots of energy to be annoying too lx/ however yup they have other health probz tho, so idk..but ughhhh why the fuukingg fuuk i still have acne for????? D8<<<< im going mad with super health stuff, n they all so pissed off at me for being so troublesome with all the rules already n everything, i just dont understand!! oompf.gif
just some frikin herbs cured my mom...pffft i just cant believe this eusa_doh.gif she said she had once flare up of acne.. like once! (well who doesnt, teenager acne etc blah ukno) n only some plain herbs cured her completely n forever? o.0
i have like bunch of friking herbz at home n wut? damn damn damn..nothing anywayz! eusa_doh.gif

(sorry i vent, but this made me pissed bcz now that i think about it all i just dunno anymore why the fck i have this! just dam! doubt.gif doubt.gif doubt.gif)

#4 almost pretty

almost pretty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

doesnt run in my family.im the only one.
My Favs:
Acne Treatment- sulfur products (joesoef 10% sulfur soap)
Hyperpigmentation Treatment- Licorice ( mario badescu whitening mask)
Texture/Shallow Scarring Treatment- topical vitamin E (mario badescu vitamin e cream)
Gentle cleanser- boscia purifying cleansing gel
Moisturizer- cerave lotion

Quote of the week: everyone dies but not everyone LIVES...are you living???

#5 Rattina89

Rattina89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (fugleee_dumbBUNNY @ Jan 29 2011, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my mom once had acne (her bro my uncle didnt tho!! n herparents/my gparents didnt have!!), but she cured it pretty qickly with some herbs from somekind of herbal geezer or something and doing facials at diff derm places or whatev..n thats just grrrrroawrrz D8< ive done all that twoo duh + so much much moaar >__< but daamn my face is so damn shiteee anywayz eusa_doh.gif
mom also eats sweets n whatever n looots of dairy n cheese like EVERY SINGLE DAY OF HER LIFE! its not a day if there wasnt cheese! and dad is huge smoker (from his teenage!) n huge sugar eater n he eats veery poor n bad food all the time, n granmas im not even talking about eusa_doh.gif n all of them eat lots like LOTS of bread evry day, basically all my freekin fam eats crap n totally whatever all their life n all of their main foods consists of:
1-dairy!
2-grains n gluten n bread!
3-sugar
4-coffee
^ so there u have it perfect diet for no acne? thumbsup.gif bcz none of them had real acne shit on them evr!
n they have lots of energy to be annoying too lx/ however yup they have other health probz tho, so idk..but ughhhh why the fuukingg fuuk i still have acne for????? D8<<<< im going mad with super health stuff, n they all so pissed off at me for being so troublesome with all the rules already n everything, i just dont understand!! oompf.gif
just some frikin herbs cured my mom...pffft i just cant believe this eusa_doh.gif she said she had once flare up of acne.. like once! (well who doesnt, teenager acne etc blah ukno) n only some plain herbs cured her completely n forever? o.0
i have like bunch of friking herbz at home n wut? damn damn damn..nothing anywayz! eusa_doh.gif

(sorry i vent, but this made me pissed bcz now that i think about it all i just dunno anymore why the fck i have this! just dam! doubt.gif doubt.gif doubt.gif)

I hate it when people can eat any crap they want and still have perfect skin. Grrr! I eat way healthier than all my friends and I'm the only one with bad acne eusa_snooty.gif

My hopes lie on Accutane now eusa_pray.gif

Edited by Rattina89, 29 January 2011 - 04:34 PM.

My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors. - Maya Angelou

#6 vodkapoptart

vodkapoptart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

Acne does NOT run in my family. I'm the only one and I hate when people say acne is hereditary. Not always true.

#7 Rattina89

Rattina89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (~Dahlia~ @ Jan 29 2011, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Acne does NOT run in my family. I'm the only one and I hate when people say acne is hereditary. Not always true.

I wasn't implying that acne is always hereditary. One of my best friends has had mild and persistent acne since middle school. The rest of her family has porcelain skin.

But I think some people may have a genetic predisposition to acne ;-)

#8 Smack'd

Smack'd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

My mom said she got acne on her forehead when she was younger(her skin is still kinda oily though) and my dad had absolutely no acne(I never asked but I can tell. My mom also says he never did). His brother, my uncle, did have some and my aunt has oily skin and my other aunt gets like 1 pimple once every 2-3 months, so uhh. chea.
Veni, Vidi, Vici.

1 more warning and I'm otta here for good. Just leaving this here as a reminder. ;3

#9 Tangerine

Tangerine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

Sorta. As far as I know, I'm the only one in my family who got severe acne on their face.
But my mom has like four different skin diseases, including acne on her bum, but not her face. Damn her.
When my mild acne suddenly got incredibly severe last year, it was by far, the worst time in my entire life. Instead of messing around with accutane, I went right to the holistic approach.

I managed to heal my severe acne within a few months, by diet, changing my attitude, getting exercise, and just living a generally healthy lifestyle. I'm now a nutrition student.

If you need help with healing your acne holistically or want to find out more about my journey, please visit my personal blog.. I can't put the link here, but please check my profile to grab the address! Thanks!
Peace and happiness :)

#10 Guest_fugleee_dumbBUNNY_*

Guest_fugleee_dumbBUNNY_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:11 AM

^ yea thats right!! y the hell we cant have acne all it wants on our asses instead!!! y must it screw our face by all means!! >x/ damn body should rly heal face first n only then other useless organs duh! stupid body system! i just wanna smash it to pulp n fry on frying pan with lots of butter! evil.gif

#11 vapor1

vapor1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

My mom had mild acne, and my dad didn't have any. My brother, on the other hand, had it quite bad - he had to go on accutane. Luckily, the last 2 years I've had pretty light 'acne,' if you can even call it that. Now that I'm off dairy though, I haven't really had any whiteheads; just closed comedones.
Clear as long as I stick to Paleo - lots of meats, vegetables, healthy fats, and small amounts of fruit. Supplements: CLO/ fish oil, Mg, vit. D3, vit. E.

#12 bengalsfan13

bengalsfan13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Yea it does. My dad had severe acne as a kid, my mom had mild. I have moderate to severe. My sisters had mild to moderate. Acne is realted to genes.

#13 Michellica

Michellica

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

Everyone in my family seems to have struggled with acne (mild to moderate) growing up. There was only one severe case (my uncle). They all grew out of it around the age of 25-26, so here's to hoping I will too!!

#14 vodkapoptart

vodkapoptart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (bengalsfan13 @ Jan 30 2011, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea it does. My dad had severe acne as a kid, my mom had mild. I have moderate to severe. My sisters had mild to moderate. Acne is realted to genes.

Acne is not always related to genes. No one in my family has it.

#15 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:32 AM

my parents never had acne at all. my sisters breakout every so often but nobody is like me with the cystic acne. my mom always says how she cant figure out why i break out since her or my dad never have. everybody in my entire family has pretty good skin.

Edited by Karen Howz, 31 January 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#16 KAZ2Y5

KAZ2Y5

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:39 PM

My mom had severe acne that was only cleared by retin-a and time. Mine is worse than hers was, and I'm on accutane. Brother has mild acne, and I don't think my father ever had a problem.

So yes, it does, but I sure got the worst of it.
Month One: 40 mg/day Amnesteem.
Month Two: 40 mg/day Amnesteem.
Month Three: 40 mg/day Amnesteem.

Click for my Accutane (Amnesteem) blog!

Ask me anything about makeup. Ten years of dealing with acne-prone skin will turn any girly girl into an expert.

#17 Siava

Siava

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

My mom and one brother has perfect skin. My father, my other brother, and I were blessed with cystic acne.

#18 AllynRose

AllynRose

Allyn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

Definitely hereditary in my case.

My father never had any skin issues whatsoever, but my mom and I are prone to large cyst-like pimples around the mouth and between the eyebrows. Mostly to the left and right of the chin. It's probably a hormonal thing.
AM
- Wash with CeraVe

PM
- Wash with CeraVe
- Epiduo (2.5% BP/1% Adapalene)

#19 CharChar

CharChar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

Oh yes it most definitely runs in my family, on my mother's side.. & I curse her everyday for it!! lol, jkjk.
My 3 other siblings also suffer(ed) from it. My oldest sister is 34 & she usually has a few pimples, & she has some scarring (but she didn't even start getting acne until she was in her late 20's). My other sister is 24 & she also keeps at least a couple on her face most of the time. & my brother is 26 & he gets some still occasionally. But both of them had it bad when they were teens.
I've been suffering with it since I was 11, so it's been 9 years.. 9 long years. For the most part it's gotten better, I just usually have a few on my face, in comparison to what it used to be, which was a face full. Now my biggest problem is my scarring, which I'm currently using mederma on. I really don't want to have to deal with this for the rest of my life though.

-xoxo Char
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

#20 Warrior of Acne

Warrior of Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:50 AM

Yep. My sister has acne (mild-moderate). I used to have acne (moderate). My Dad supposedly had acne (he has some acne scars-mild though). My Mom says she did not have acne though. It figures because her skin is pretty flawless.

Edited by Warrior of Acne, 06 February 2011 - 11:50 AM.