6 replies to this topic

#1 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

So my derm prescribed me to take 100mg of doxycycline twice a day for 4-6 weeks. I started it last wednesday. I was wondering if anybody knows how long it takes to start working. I have been getting alot more cysts lately so will it help those?

#2 Jonny_5

Jonny_5

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

I'm also on doxycycline right now. I didn't really start to notice results for a good 4 weeks. Right now i have maybe 1 small break out which is nothing at all, just dealing with scars right now.

#3 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Jonny_5 @ Jan 24 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm also on doxycycline right now. I didn't really start to notice results for a good 4 weeks. Right now i have maybe 1 small break out which is nothing at all, just dealing with scars right now.

cool thanks so much for the info! i know what you mean about the scars. it seems for me that once i get rid of some scars that new ones appear. its a never ending cycle and very frustrating!

#4 MoneyShot

MoneyShot

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:25 AM

Stick with it bro, I'm on Month 2 pushing 3 in a few days and the improvement is definitive. However I am slightly losing hearing in my left ear so take head.

#5 David_18

David_18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:15 AM

took me like a month too i am going back on it in feb smile.gif

#6 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:02 AM

cool thanks for the info! i will def stick with it then. tomorrow will be a week that i have been on it. my derm put me on it for 10 days around christmas for some cystic acne that popped up but i guess that wasnt enough time for it to do anything. i hope it helps thats for sure!! i hate hate hate cystic acne. as a chick it just looks awful especially when you try to put makeup over it, blah!

#7 sassyblonde007

sassyblonde007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

@Karen-I know how you feel! I have had acne since I was 12 and now I am almost 30! I hate having to cake makeup on over all the red marks and scabs sad.gif I have been on my round of Doxycycline Hyclate for about 3 weeks now and I am still breaking out! I have taken doxycycline before in the past and it starts working for me around week 6. Iam not 100% at week six but its ALOT better! By week 8-10 I am 100% clear. I just hate the waiting game and the IB that doxy causes. My derm also gave me spiro 50mg for hormonal acne. I have/had PCOS. I have to go see the dermo again on the 11th of March and I am not looking forward to it. My first visit with my new derm was not good..I cried b/c he though I should be on Accutane. That really upset me b/c I felt that my acne was bad but not BAD enoug for Accutane. I am afraid that when I go back next week he is gonna keep pushing me towards Accutane. I will do my best to repost next week and let you know what happens and how my course of Doxy is going. Best of luck to everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users