Photo

How to draw the junk out of my pores?

aha alpha hydroxy acid red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cedep

Cedep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:18 AM

Hi everyone!

I have almost no inflamed acne, but I have blackheads all over my face sad.gif. They're not huge, but there's just a lot of them and that's really bothering me. Especially cause the ones on my nose are there for years, so my pores are getting bigger and bigger and I don't want the pores on the rest of my face look like that too! So I am really trying to find a way to get rid of them.

Unfortunately the only way that I effectively got rid of blackheads is by manual extraction, but manual extraction leaves me with red irritated/peeling skin with red marks and sometimes even scars sad.gif

I have been using PC 2% BHA for I think a couple of months now and I have used it for months before, but it's just not getting the junk out of my pores! I am using it twice a day, letting it sink in my skin for 30 minutes everytime I use it, but it's not doing the job sad.gif It does make my blackheads looser and brings some to the surface, but that's it, it's not getting them out! And blackheads to the surface makes my skin look bumpy which is not making me happy! And then I get frustrated, squeeze them out with my waaay too long nails and cause a big mess of redness, irritation and bumps.. sad.gif

Products I'm using:
PC CLEAR Cleanser
Clinique Exfoliating Toner (I know there's alcohol in there, but it works for me)
PC 2% BHA (wait 30 minutes)
PC Moisture Boost Daily Restoring Complex with SPF 20

I am thinking about adding mandelic acid, but I'm not sure whether MA will get all the junk out of my pores. Some people were talking about clay to draw the plugs out?
Or do you guys know another way to actually get the blackheads OUT?

PS: I also have a lot of whiteheads on my chin, I can't even count them, there's just too many of them:( Will AHA or MA get them out? I do have 8% AHA from PC, but not using it regularly right now cause I don't know whether it will help or not.. BHA is not getting right of them too

I really hope someone can help me! If you have any questions, feel free to ask
Thanks in advance!!

#2 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

It's normal to look a bit red after a facial extraction,but it sounds like whoever you went to was way to harsh.

What steps did they do?

Where I get it done the steam your face and put a mild enzyme exfoliate mask before the actual facial.Also,some people that do facials use their fingers and I greatly dislike that myself.

There's so much that help treat blackheads...huge array of acids! It's really hard recommending just one thing for you to try. Each thing might help to some extent,but honestly, completely ridding blackheads is a very difficult thing to do.
Supplements:
25mg zinc citrate,1g B5(two 500mg caps,one with breakfast and one with dinner),500mg curcumin with biperine,Carlson's fish oil
Day Routine:
Honey/Clay Cleanser (1Tablespoon raw honey,1 tablespoon dry clay,4 Tablespoons water)
ACV Toner (half ACV,half water or green tea)
MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Mist

Night Routine:
Aveeno Ultra Calming Foam cleanser
ACV toner
MyChelle Skin Clearing Serum

Trinessa BCP
80%-90% clearer than before,depending on the "monthly terror" and luck
I'm always looking for homemade skincare recipes! Please share yours with me!

#3 Cedep

Cedep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

Sounds stupid I know but I did that to myself sad.gif I have to do extractiont myself, cause others can't/ don't want to help.. I've paid over 300 euros (I'm from Holland) on extractions from estheticians/derms, but they just did not do what I asked for!

The first time the esthetician even said 'Wow, you have a lot of small blackheads!'. I knew that already but I felt like, thanks for rubbing it in.. She just steamed my face (after washing it) and picked at some tiny tiny pimples. I did not even knew I had them, until I came home and saw them being red and swollen sad.gif She used her fingers too and applied a mask afterwards My face wasn't all that red, except for the pimples, but I just wished that she had done something for me! I came to them almost crying cause I was so frustrated and asked them whether they could help me. They promised me to be clean (I now know that I was naieve to believe that) but they did not kept their promise and it took me lots of money sad.gif

It just bothers me so much cause everyone says I'm so pretty, but I don't feel like I am, because up close my skin is horrible! I feel like fooling everyone who's attracted to me, cause I'm covering my blackheads/whiteheads with foundation(I know that's bad, try to do that as less as possible). I'm trying to get rid of them for years now, but maybe I'm just one of those people that's pretty from far but ugly upclose :S

#4 Cedep

Cedep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

But do you think mandelic acid will get my blackheads out? And not just loosen the plugs?

I have Diacneal, but never used it cause I'm afraid that if it doesn't work, I will pick at my blackheads (cause I know I will do that) and then my skin will be an even bigger mess!

#5 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

Like I said,the most you can hope for when using an acid like mandelic acid is for the gunk to be loosened or for an initial breakout to occur as your skin purges.

It takes some time for blackheads to reduce,and getting rid of them entirely is never guaranteed.

That being said, a lot of people like mandelic acid and it's still worth trying.
Supplements:
25mg zinc citrate,1g B5(two 500mg caps,one with breakfast and one with dinner),500mg curcumin with biperine,Carlson's fish oil
Day Routine:
Honey/Clay Cleanser (1Tablespoon raw honey,1 tablespoon dry clay,4 Tablespoons water)
ACV Toner (half ACV,half water or green tea)
MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Mist

Night Routine:
Aveeno Ultra Calming Foam cleanser
ACV toner
MyChelle Skin Clearing Serum

Trinessa BCP
80%-90% clearer than before,depending on the "monthly terror" and luck
I'm always looking for homemade skincare recipes! Please share yours with me!

#6 greentiger87

greentiger87

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (OmegaisJaded @ Jan 21 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said,the most you can hope for when using an acid like mandelic acid is for the gunk to be loosened or for an initial breakout to occur as your skin purges.

It takes some time for blackheads to reduce,and getting rid of them entirely is never guaranteed.

That being said, a lot of people like mandelic acid and it's still worth trying.

You could also try a salicylic acid peel at a higher strength than a leave on treatment.

There is no easy way to "pull out" blackheads.
Morning:
-Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, or Dan's Cleanser
-Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Liquid
-CeraVe Moisturizer + Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion (zinc oxide and titanium oxide only)

[Night (before bed):
-Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, or Dan's Cleanser
-Dan's BP
-CeraVe Moisturizer

Occasionally:
Dan's AHA
Homemade Niacinamide Toner
Homemade TTO Spot Treatment (Aloe Vera Gel and 20% Tea Tree Oil)

#7 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

do you extract blackheads only by pulling them out?

i noticed my blackheads on my nose come off by gentle, or moderate rubbing.

#8 frogslegs

frogslegs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:54 PM

Have you ever tried Biore nose strips? I find they work really well on many of my blackheads, however I still have quite a few after I use it. It may be because they're too far under the skin, and I even tried steaming my face once before I used it, but it didn't make a difference.

Anyways. You put the strip on your nose after wetting your nose, for about 15 minutes, and peel it off slowly. The stuff on the strip is nasty, but makes me feel so good knowing that I got so much out. Maybe if you use the mandelic acid to loosen the gunk, and then the Biore strips to remove them it could be really effective. Then, maybe find a way to tighten your pores so it keeps them clear?

I'm still looking for ways to get rid of my blackheads as well.. so far, Biore strips are the only product that have had an effect on me (although I haven't ventured down the path of blackhead products just yet).

Edited by frogslegs, 18 March 2011 - 11:14 AM.

#9 capslocked

capslocked

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

I've brought my blackheads down about 90% by using a 2water:1ACV toner on my face. Twice a day. I also eat 3tbsp of it a day.

#10 Sima

Sima

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

I never had an issue with blackheads on my face. I've only had them on my nose. I would suggest buying Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion. The AHA is really good for ungluing dead layers of skin and I've read that it works really well for stubborn blackheads. Generally Beta Hydroxy Acid is recommended for blackheads, but when having to deal with deep blackheads that won't come to the surface, your best bet might be to start using an AHA. The Biore nose strips work well, but you can make your own nose strips at home because the Biore ones can be pretty expensive. You can make your own nose paste out of plain, unflavored gelatin and milk. You can find out how to make your own strips here

#11 superfrizbee

superfrizbee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:23 AM

I was using Paula's choice 2% BHA liquid for about 1 1/2 months, twice daily when I started using an 8% AHA instead in the evening to help with red marks. My pores have been smaller and I've been much happier with my skin overall since I've started doing that, so I can definitely recommend using both - BHA in the morning, AHA in the evening.

I've heard good reviews about Madelic acid but the products aren't really available in the UK where I am, I only found one which didn't help me as much as the AHA I was using, but the other brands I can't get might be better.

Paula's Choice also do a stronger 10% AHA that you can use weekly.