Photo

MAKEUP FUN! Different looks, tips, & tricks!

makeup

This topic is archived.
530 replies to this topic

#521 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

This is what I was wondering. And then it says we aren't allowed to link to other websites but I could swear people do it right??

The policy about posting links seems a bit strange to me to be honest. Say for example, if someone posts a link and says, "Go here to buy my products", then obviously they're selling something. But there are other times when that isn't the case and I do wonder what the harm would be for it to be left alone. Even so, seems like they're not allowed. I guess the safest option is to not post any kind of links whatsoever, but then that is not at all ideal if people are looking to interact and share things with each other.
I saw the link and left it alone on the basis that it related to the thread and, unless I missed something, would essentially be the same as replying in a post with a list of products. After all, seems logical that if you post a picture of a look you've created, people are going to ask what you used, which seems to be the entire point of this thread anyway. Besides, I'm too soft and I would have felt like a big meanie to remove it after you had put the work in. Posted Image

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#522 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

How do you hit the nail on the head Paul? :)

Lol. I agree though. It's a personal blog consisting of demonstration and product reviews, much like the reviews on this site! I don't know. I'm sure whoever did it won't say anything now. Well thanks for not taking it down in your mind! Haha. I just wanted to share it with everyone on here/on this thread because it's an extension of it.

#523 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

It's a knack I have, although I could have kept it simple and just said, "Wasn't me". Posted Image

I never gave the whole links/advertising thing much thought before I became a mod because I didn't need to pay attention. I don't know whether the rules changed at some point or if it became necessary to keep things in check more, but I'm sure I used to see blogs and stuff around the place. After all, I found The Love Vitamin via the Org back when I joined and I remember going to Tangerine's profile a few times for the link, so evidently the rules weren't as enforced then as they perhaps are now. Posted Image

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#524 Jlisondra

Jlisondra

misalnya u tidak tahan ketika aku pergi.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

lol yeah i think it is cool..lol..yeah i'm trying to save up for things, so i'm only buying cheap makeup for a few months. perfume is weird! i mean, sometimes it smells exactly how you sampled it no matter what, and then other times it smells completely diff by the end of the day. i would love to figure out how to make my own scent n wear it all the time. i mean, people make their own clothes, so perfume shouldn't be too complicated, right? right now i'm obsessed with paris amour from b&bw. LOL u have a semi-hoarders room? haha. that's hilarious. yeah, i need to learn how to organize my bathroom and all the girly shit that's in there. and yes, fresh lip balms are the best! which one is your fave?? that lippie should get a beauty award or something.

quick question..does anyone use a duo fiber brush frequently? how do you use it? i just bought one and i haven't used it because i can't figure it out.
natural is beautiful. but glamour is fun.

#525 gemmyjunebug

gemmyjunebug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I can find anything interesting. Perception. Reasoning. Reality. In that order.

Achievements

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

@CaliforniaEstie thanks again for the Hourglass Primer rec! I just purchased it! Cannot wait to try it out!
Question? Do or can you use this as a eyelid primer? Eyelid primer rec would be great...! I've been dealing with some wicked oily lids. No fun. But if this works well as one--then that would be brilliant!
Again, thanks for the input! Keep the tips comin'!Posted Image
I laugh a lot. It's a requirement in my world. You're welcome anytime....'Ello loves!

#526 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me
  • Interests:theia mania. cats.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

http://skincaremakeu...t.blogspot.com/

this blog gives a lot of great tips and reviews!
It is like a reason that picks you up
And places you
Where you always wanted
To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

#527 gemmyjunebug

gemmyjunebug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I can find anything interesting. Perception. Reasoning. Reality. In that order.

Achievements

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thanks ayla! Heading that way right now!!
I laugh a lot. It's a requirement in my world. You're welcome anytime....'Ello loves!

#528 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

It's been so long!! Hi ladies! Is anyone still active haha? And welcome new readers. Show us your looks!

#529 enacopations

enacopations

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

Does anyone have a tip on how to put foundation on if you have very flaky skin? 

#530 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Does anyone have a tip on how to put foundation on if you have very flaky skin? 

when my skin is dry i mix it with my moisturizer after i have already moisturized my face. it makes it go on easier and not look as dry. 

#531 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Singing, hiking, art, music, piano, feminism, blogging, veganism, loving my pets, learning to love myself and be happy :)

Achievements

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Since you had to delete the link to your blog, could you message me with name or link or something?? I had to delete the link for my blog too, but it's not really related directly to acne. I don't understand why you couldn't post yours though... Oh well.

yes.. that red is perfect on you! smashbox..i've heard some good things bout them lately. they have this eyeshadow palette that i've been lemming. i think it's sold exclusively on qvc. by the time i decide to buy it they'll prob stop selling it. lol i asked about the lip primer bc i was wondering how long the wear is. do you have to constantly reapply the lipstick? n no i don't know of any good ones :/ my lips are sensitive, and i have to constantly reapply lip balm to get those suckers to behave.

Thank you! It's my favorite red... I don't even really buy red lipstick anymore because I like that one. Hahaha awww, how much is it? And what kind of colors? Smashbox shadow palettes have totally worked for me so far. My favorite was the Smashbox Eyelights palette in neutrals but I can't find it anymore and I can't find the one I got!!!! Booo. Hmm, the wear on the lipstick is pretty good imo. I don't reapply a whole lot- but it's moisturizing so I do like to reapply because it feels nice. If you aren't eating it lasts a pretty long time. Ooh, sensitive lips can be tricky. What lip balm do you use?

Btw all ladies and gents,

please check out my new blog and give me some feedback. I know little things contribute to whether we like to read certain blogs or not. Design, content, ease of use, I want to hear about it. smile.png And feel free to ask for reviews on certain products (may or may not have them), be a guest blogger, and leave comments! It's the internet age... lol. wub.png

You! Yes, you. The one reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing and simply the best at being you. Never forget that.

You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to you boyfriend/spouse/partner. Not to your coworkers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female."

Plea to the world: Eat less meat! Or better yet, don't eat it at all! The meat industry violates basic animal rights, it's destroying our planet, and there are so many health benefits you can gain by decreasing/eliminating meat from your diet. Don't let me tell you- do your own research so you can decide for yourself. (The dairy and egg industries are just as horrendous).

I highly recommend watching the movie Earthlings. ^