Sending you a WARM HUG!!! You'll be OK....and you've got a lovely warm and great attitude too:) We've all had to go through our own acne battles so you're certainly not alone, we all understand completely
what you're going through and you're totally safe with us!!!
Plus, there's always medical breakthroughs....and once you get your acne under control there are countless laser treatments and they can even do skin grafting these days too. So, no need to be disheartened whatsoever!!! You just need patience, persistence, faith and tenacity!!! YOU ALSO NEED TO DO LOTS & LOTS OF RESEARCH ON NATURAL THERAPIES, HEALTH AND NEW MEDICAL INNOVATIONS to keep up-to-date with new advances in medicine/ technology/ therapies.
Anyway, this is just one mere obstacle and you'll get through this...it took me some time, but I did too and so will you....so get a little perspective...which it seems you already have!
Anyway, I KNOW you CAN cure this...
Firstly, you MUST
be willing to approach this like any severe disease i.e. treat it like it's cancer/ a major toxicity of some kind/ a bad allergy. Basically, ANY
chronic inflammatory/ autoimmune disease can be cured by an organic raw nutrient packed vegan diet, key supplements and a healthy lifestyle (plus a few key topicals). THIS IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT
; AND MOST OF THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY & PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY DOESN'T LIKE TO ACKNOWLEDGE IT BECAUSE OF THEIR GREED!!!! THEY WANT TO KEEP US CLUELESS AND SICK TO MAKE THEIR PROFITS!!!! SAD BUT TRUE (FOR THE MAJORITY AT LEAST, NOT ALL--OF COURSE THERE ARE SOME TRULY NOBLE AND GREAT PRACTITIONERS OUT THERE TOO).
So, anyway, Matt, you must be 100%
committed to overhauling your diet & lifestyle IF YOU REALLY WANT TO HALT YOUR ACNE
. This means, not only detoxing, but fasting too
. Basically, you need to expel ALL
the toxins in your body causing the acne which is likely to be from the foods you eat and an over abundance of testosterone. SO PLEASE FOLLOW THE PLAN BELOW AND DO IT UNDER THE STRICT SUPERVISION OF YOUR PARENTS AND DOCTOR
i.e. let you parents monitor your health daily and talk over the plan with your doctor too in case you have a medical history which requires you to tweak the plan somewhat because of allergies/ a congenital issue etc
; also, if you experience any negative reactions at any time, contact your doctor ASAP.
So, now, get ready for your SERIOUSLY GOOD & very potent alkaline DETOX plan of action that WILL
1. Be committed 24/7 to a healthy, nutrient packed, 95% raw VEGAN DIET.
Yes, that means, no dairy, no meat, no fish, NO JUNK!!!!!
2. Drink liver cleansing juices 3 times per day
i.e. beetroot/ apple/ carrot or
i.e. cucumber/ celery/ apple/ spinach leaves/ alfalfa sprouts or
i.e. wheatgrass shots
For inspiration see: http://addictionblog...d-liver-detox/; http://www.liverdoctor.com/
3. Drink a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice each morning with warm spring water. (Alkaline and detoxes the body) and then take a tablespoon of cold pressed organic flaxseed oil for omega-3.
4. On your active acne place 5% niacinamide gel:
; http://gmuntz.tripod...acinamide.html; http://www.acnemiracle.com/home.html
5. Take 1 tablet of 140mg to 280 mg per day of milk-thistle dosage; it's a potent liver regenerating herb and liver detox herb. See http://www.umm.edu/a...stle-000266.htm
6. Drink 1 or 2 liters of alkaline spring water from a glass or non-bisphemol bottle (you'll need to research this). If you can, get an ionizer too to ionize your water.
7. Take an activated charcoal tablet at least once a day (get this from the healthfood store). However, ask your doctor if you can take it 2 times per day for 2 weeks to kick-start your major detox.
Do this for 2 weeks only though. Then take a rest for 2 weeks. You can then repeat again for 2 weeks. But only do this for a total of 2 months. As charcoal is very potent.
i.e. You see, activated charcoal tablets are industrial
strength cleansers. They actually give it to people in the hospitals who have swallowed a poison or have a heroin overdose. It's that POWERFUL at detoxing poisons and toxins from the body. Just don't break the capsule as inhaling the charcoal is very bad for the lungs. And don't continue using it for more than 2 weeks at time. See http://www.ehow.com/...used-for_.html; http://www.livestron...arcoal-tablets/
Also, be warned, it makes you constipated so you must drink at least 1 or 2 litres of spring water per day plus a glass of prune juice.
8. Take a daily bath in a clean disinfected tub with about a 1/2 or 1 cup of pure sea-salt (get this online or from the health-food store). This is the best natural antibiotic known to humans and is PH neutral, meaning its gentle and healing yet powerful in disinfecting your body.
Only wash your hair with sea-salt too. However, if you need something more heavy duty for your hair, try a little bicarbonate soda or a very gentle, high quality, natural, non-toxic shampoo from the health food -- only wash your hair with the healthfood store shampoo once a week.
9. Eats lots of raw, organic wholefoods foods like: pears; kiwi fruit; rockmelon; watermelon; fresh homemade guacamole with fresh lime juice/ sea-salt/ extra virgin olive oil; strawberries; blueberries; apples; alfalfa sprouts; rice; bananas; cos lettuce; grated cabbage & grated carrot salads with fresh lemon juice/ olive oil/ sea- salt; hummus; salads with contintental parsley/ mint/ cos lettuce/ fresh lemon juice/ sea-salt/chickpeas; eat lots of turmeric spice on rice dishes etc as turmeric spice is a powerful agent against acne bacteria and disease such as cancer -- especially chronic skin ailments i.e. so eat lots of turmeric on jasmine rice with peas/ freshly grated ginger/ coconut milk/ fresh lime juice/ virgin coconut oil/ cold pressed organic flaxseed oil/ hummus; drink pink grapefruit juice with fresh lime juice; fresh avocado with fresh lime juice/ sea-salt/ olive oil; vanilla almond milk; rice milk; note that virgin coconut oil is antibacterial; drink coconut water; tempeh (fermented tofu) with steamed vegetables and hummus or fermented soy sauce; cucumber and cherry tomato salad with raw mixed nuts and lemon juice/ olive oil/ sea salt; vegan mushroom risotto; vegan sausages/ vegan fake chicken schnitzel/ vegan fake burger patties (can get these from a good supermarket); quinoa; lots of freshly grated beetroot (it's a potent liver detox vegetable and yummy too!!) on salads; kale; at least 1 brazil nut per day (packed with supreme antioxidant selenium); 80-85% cocoa dark chocolate without dairy (needs to be vegan or try Lindt); a little pure real maple syrup; a little blackstrap molasses; lightly steamed broccoli with olive oil/ sea salt/ hummus/ lemon juice; lightly steamed brussel sprouts with olive oil/ sea salt/ hummus/ lemon juice/ lightly steamed asparagus marinated with fresh lemon juice/ black pepper/ olive oil and topped with freshly mashed chickpeas (with tahini/ sesame seeds/ pumpkin seeds/ pine nuts/ olives/ fresh mint/ fresh coriander) etc); stuffed peppers with curried rice & lentils; homemade vegan baked falafel rolls with fresh coriander/ fresh mint/ cumin/ turmeric/ bulgur wheat/ lentils/ garlic/ red onion/ fresh lemon juice; sultanas; pineapple; for more inspiration google vegan recipes etc
Do an allergy test with your doctor to see if you have allergies to the following [b]before
you introduce these to your diet (as some people can be allergic to these): nuts, peanuts, wheat, gluten etc. If you're all clear, then you can introduce mixed raw nuts, rice, pasta (preferably gluten -free), oranges, orange juice, peas, corn, flat wholemeal, gluten-free wraps, tomatoes, muesli, garlic; onions; sea vegetables...
Eat rarely: frozen vegetables -- try and buy fresh; chillies; jalapeños; capers; olives; semi-sundried tomatoes; honey; lightly grilled vegetables; baked vegetables (better to lightly steam vegetables); ginger beer; pasta
Also, DO NOT EVER EAT: Vinegars, junk food, pizza, bread, processed tomato sauces, highly processed sauces like American mustard, tinned foods/ foods wrapped in plastic, chips, fried foods, cakes, biscuits, lollies, refined sugar; anything fried; caffeinated teas; coffees; soda; white flour products; alcohol; fast foods especially McDonalds.
*****NB: PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU EAT AND HOW YOUR SKIN RESPONDS. IF YOU NOTICE ANY FLAIR-UPS THEN STOP EATING THAT FOOD COLD-TURKEY!!! YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO IT. *****
10. Once EVERY week, do a 24 hour fast: just drink your liver cleansing juice and eat organic grapes. YOU MUST DO THIS TO HELP YOUR BODY HEAL AND REGENERATE. It will help stubborn deeply entrenched toxins leech out of your body fat
11. Drink a cup of medicinal clay i.e. " Edible Earth" every day for 1 or 2 weeks (from a glass bottle bought at a good health food store). This heals your body of toxic waste and intestinal damage. Also helps seal the intestines in case you have leaky gut syndrome. You can repeat once every month thereafter. See http://www.aboutclay...estimonials.htm
12. Have cabbage soup ready daily to eat when you feel hungry.
It's nutrient packed and it's one of the only foods you can eat which actually makes you lose weight without sacrificing nutrients. You can make it like this: boil a saucepan filled with spring water; add half a fresh cabbage cut up in 1 or 2 cm thick strips and about 5 cm lengths; add a half or 1 tablespoon of turmeric spice; black pepper; 1/2 tablespoon of curry powder; diced carrots; sea-salt and peas for protein if you like (as long as you're not allergic to peas). Let it simmer for about 20minutes. Then it's ready to eat. For more taste, add some hummus. This is a delicious soup and you can eat it whenever you're hungry at any time. Helps food cravings and is a secret diet recipe for many stars. It's also great for your skin.
13. Change your pillow case every night with a new one.
14. Change your bedsheets twice per week. Disinfect all your bedsheets and pillow cases using organic lavender oil, tea-tree oil, and bicarbonate soda. Don't use regular washing detergent or softeners.
15. Sleep in a cool well-ventilated room that's dark. Get at least 7.5 hours sleep.
16. Take 500mg of magnesium per day; zinc 25 mg per day, vitamin E at 200 IU to 400 IU per day, B5 500mg x 3 times per day; vitamin C per day 500mg; A regular B complex group vitamin; a good vitamin D3 tablet (plus 1/2 to 1hour of direct sunshine without sunblock every day for vitamin D -- this is crucial for good healthy skin); "Vitamin B6 -- Aids in improving hormonal balance of testosterone and estrogen. Acne may sometimes be caused due to a deficiency of vitamin B6" i.e. See http://www.natural-c...y.com/acne.html
:Nicotinamide (i.e. a variant of B3 vitamin): *****Studies have reported that nicotinamide in doses of 750 milligrams, combined with zinc 25 milligrams, copper 1.5 milligrams, and folic acid 500 micrograms, is effective in treating acne vulgaris with or without antibiotics (http://www.wellness....n-and-treatment)
Lastly, 400 micrograms of chromium in the form of yeast: "There are reports that suggest that up to 90% of the population may be deficient in chromium. Chromium is related to blood sugar - the more sugars we eat, the more chromium we need. Hence the common deficiency; most people eat excess sugar foods. Researchers have found that people with unstable blood sugar levels have a high incidence of severe acne and that when these patients are given 400 micrograms of chromium in the form of yeast, their skin rapidly improved Chromium is found in brewers yeast and molasses". see http://www.interneth...p;Lifestyle.htm
17. Do daily exercise WITHOUT EXCUSE for 30 minutes to 1 hour: try rope skipping, get a stationary bike you ride while watching TV or a walking/ running machine. Also, lift some light/medium weights. Basically, work up a sweat so you expel lots of toxins through your skin (then have a shower and wash you body and hair with sea-salt). If you can, have a regular weekly or fortnightly sauna for 2 months to get the detox happening faster. Just ensure you have a freind to monitor you and you drink lots of water. Also, shower with sea-salt afterwoods.
18. Hydrate your body & face after showering with alkaline spring water using a face mist (like Evian face mist). Do this every 2-3 hours. Only moisturize your skin after your acne has subsided with 100% pure natural vitamin E or virgin coconut oil.
A. Organic MSM: If you need an extra kick, try MSM. This is known to heal skin really fast. See http://www.ehow.com/...g-msm-acne.html
C. Spirulina, chlorella, barley grass, wheatgrass supplements: http://nevyan.blogsp...ht-acne-ii.html
B. Meditation daily
C. Keep your spirits up! Watch lots of comedies & comedy movies...laughter will improve your immunity; medical fact!!
D. Have a an interest outside yourself that relaxes you like: reading books; painting; swimming; charity work etc
E: Once a month, on a COMPLETELY empty stomach FIRST thing in the morning (and never ever mix with any acidic things like vinegar or lemon juice or your stomach with expand terribly with gases), mix a teaspoon of bicarbonate soda with spring water until it dissolves. Then drink. This flushes out toxins. In fact the US military uses this as a standard detox from radiation exposure!!!!!
F: once a week or fortnight, have a clay bath soak for 1/2hr to 1 hour See: http://www.aboutclay...o/Uses/acne.htm
G. "Saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) may help balance male hormonal levels and may be used in acne therapy. Although no scientific evidence exists for the use of saw palmetto for acne treatment or prevention, traditional uses support saw palmetto's benefits in acne. Caution is advised when taking saw palmetto supplements as numerous adverse effects including drug interactions are possible. Saw palmetto is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding unless otherwise advised by a doctor." From http://www.wellness....n-and-treatment
H. Phototherapy: Studies have reported that visible light may successfully be used to treat acne, particularly intense blue light generated by purpose-built fluorescent lighting, dichroic bulbs, LEDs or lasers. Used twice weekly, this has been reported to reduce the number of acne lesions by about 64%. from http://www.wellness....n-and-treatment
I. Floravital : a general iron tonic - take for a 1 month to support healing.
J: "Dandelion and Burdock Root -- i.e. "Drink a cup of dandelion root tea, 3/day. It supports your liver, which may be overtaxed with toxins."
"The largest organ of the body is the skin. The skin is one of the avenues in which toxins are eliminated from the body. The liver and the kidneys are the primary organs of elimination. When there are so many toxins that these two organs can no longer deal with them, the toxins are sent out through the skin. This is one of the causes of acne and many other skin problems. The herbs dandelion and burdock root are effective in boosting both the kidney and liver so they can be more effective in cleansing the blood.
Some more herbs that might be useful -- yellow dock, turmeric, milk thistle and cleavers. Milk thistle is a liver tonic. Turmeric, yellow dock and cleavers are blood purifiers which are known to help the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system eliminates toxins out through the skin". Get these at the healthfood store See http://www.natural-c...y.com/acne.html
K: Wild organic Oregano oil: "Oregano oil destroys yeast overgrowth associated with acne formation. Take 500 mg daily or use a liquid form".
L: Use herbal toothpaste and only fluoride toothpaste once a blue moon
M: AVOID TAP WATER.
UPDATE: 1 June 2011
Also, here are some other nutrients that help your digestive tract recover and increase your antioxidant potency:
- Glutamine (great for food allergies, leaky gut syndrome and intestinal repair after excessive drug usage): start at 1000mg - 4000mg per day for 2 weeks, then about 100mg per day after.
- NAC i.e. N-acetyl cysteine is building block of the most potent antioxidant glutathione which strengthens the immune system, lowers bacteria and viral infections. It also protects the liver. Take 500mg to 1000mg per day for two weeks then return to 100mg per day after that. See http://www.immune-he...lutathione.html
- Beta Carotene - safer alternative vitamin A; just take a recommended daily dose http://www.e2121.com/dietna.html
-Selenium -1 Brazil nut per day should be enough, see http://www.e2121.com/dietna.html
- ****Get 3 x weekly or just 1 x weekly glutathione injections by a reputable dermatologist or doctor: this is the most potent antioxidant. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED You can get the capsules but they are no way near as effective as injections***** See http://www.immune-he...-seborrhea.html ; http://www.acne.org/...me-t187347.html ; http://www.antioxida...hione-and-acne/ ; http://www.antioxida...giving-protein/ ; http://www.max-gluta...thione-for-acne
If ANYTHING above makes your symptoms worse, stop using it/ eating it. Because you should notice your skin improving immediately
within 24 hours. However, if anything makes it worse, you are allergic to it and must cut it out ASAP and avoid it.
Do these steps for 2-3 months and I'm sure your acne will subside. By 1-2 years, it will be under control and then you can start looking into healing any scars if you have any major ones via laser/light/ sub-cision/ topical/ therapies etc.
Will check-in with you soon
Edited by aquasea, 02 June 2011 - 08:35 PM.