Photo

I have a question on a liver cleanse...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#41 stroller

stroller

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:20 PM

Hey,
I just wanted to say hi and thank Ben16 for being gutsy enough to try it. I learned about the whole liver cleanse debate about 4-5 years ago. My friend bought a "natural acne cure" book on the Internet and gave it to me. The instructions in the book are very similar to the ones here.

I never went through with it because I felt too scared and suspicious. However, learning anout the liver flush -or cleanse as the book called it- set me off on a reading craze for a while. I surfed the Internet for information and bought Hulda Clark's "Cure for All Diseases." I also made my own Hulda Clark zapper during high school. All the while, I kept wondering if I should just go with the cleanse.

In the end, I got weary of it and decided not to think about it. I just couldn't get over the impression that there seemed to be so many dishonest people on both sides. What really put me off was finding people on the Internet selling the Hulda Clark zapper for over $100. I made one back in high school (I am now 21) after taking one very informal Electronics course. In fact, I think anyone can make one even without taking a course. All you need to do is order the parts from any decent mail-order electronics catalogue. Compared to it, an electronic cooking timer you can get for $10 is far more complicated.

I desperately wish somebody or some organization goes through with the cleanse in public, diligently documenting the results, so the debate can be cleared up once and for all. I am too chicken to do it, but I appreciate people out there who took the risk.

Sorry I babbled so much. I felt like saying some stuff I kept to myself for a while.

#42 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:36 PM

Ben16, Jogging in the afternoon would be fine. Or you do this instead: take a hot bath or apply a hot water pack to your liver area.

#43 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2004 - 02:38 PM

Clark's zapper is a scam to rip people off. It's well documented how many lawsuits were set against her for defrauding the public.

#44 Ben16

Ben16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 01:48 AM

Hey guys I am back!

Done a liver cleanse two days ago and although I have not seen major results from it, I do feel so much better! I didn´t get any stones out but maybe it wasnt to happen with the first cleanse already. But I feel so much better now, I used the bathroom a lot and well I feel lighter, more energetic and will defenitely try this again at some point! My face also cleared up a little bit!

So I do recommend this to everyone although I am convinced that a proper pre/ work is required for the liverflush to bring good results!
"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."

#45 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 11:23 AM

Clark's zapper is a scam to rip people off. It's well documented how many lawsuits were set against her for defrauding the public.

UUUuuuuuummmmmm.......Clark's zapper costs a few bucks at Curezone; there are also instructions on how to make your own. Just because other people not affiliated with Clark make ones and charge outrageous prices has nothing to do with Clark. bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

There also have been many dismissed suits against Clark too, but we wouldn't want to give anyone the facts, would we?

#46 stroller

stroller

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:01 PM

Hi Denise2,
How can I purchase a zapper at Curezone?

#47 Ben16

Ben16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:11 PM

Whats a zapper?
"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."

#48 bestscreennameever

bestscreennameever

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Ben16 @ Aug 26 2004, 11:58 AM)
Whats a zapper?

It's a device that Clark claims kills parasites, bacteria, and viruses with low voltage electrical energy without harming human tissue.

*edit...I hit enter accidentally and wasn't done with the post.

Something I find funny...though the zapper isn't supposed to harm human tissue, one patient claimed to be burned pretty badly by it when Clark was treating her with it for breast cancer.

Edited by holly_lujah, 26 August 2004 - 12:31 PM.

#49 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:24 PM

Haha, oh Denise. Do you believe the zapper works as Witch Doctor Clark claims?

The concept is laughable. Clark preaches that all cancers are caused by parasites. Ha.

Clark's "Zapper" is a low-voltage device that supposedly kills parasites, bacteria, and viruses with electrical energy, but does not harm human tissue. Its use is based on Clark's notion that all living things broadcast a characteristic range of radio frequencies and that the device can issue counter-frequencies that kill unwanted organisms [7]. Neither device has any genuine diagnostic or therapeutic value.

Clark's books, herbal products, and "Zapper" devices said to be built to her specifications are marketed through many Web sites, one of which is the Self Help Resource Center, administered by Clark's son Geoff. The Self-Health Research Center's "Testing Division" offers "synchrometer classes" twice a week, "scheduled as needed," for $175 [8]. Geoff also issues certificates for Zapper devices that are "within specifications found in Dr. Clark's books." The devices range in price from about $10 for a simple model to more than $200 for devices that also make colloidal silver. Her ideas are also advocated by the Dr. Clark Research Association, a group founded in 1998 by David P. Amrein, a Scientologist who describes himself as a freelance consultant in finance and taxes. Membership, which costs $40 per year, includes a subscription to the Dr. Clark Research Association Bulletin, which Amrein edits. The November 1999 issue stated that the Bulletin had a circulation of 1,500.

In November 1999, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission announced that it had stopped an Australian company (Raylight Pty Ltd) from advertising that its "Parasite Zapper" passes an electric current through a person's blood and is effective against the AIDS virus, parasites, hepatitis, herpes, obesity, and other serious conditions. The company also agreed to provide refunds to consumers who felt they had been mislead [9].

From QuackWatch.org.

#50 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:27 PM

And Deni--

You probably refer to the lawsuit in 1999:

In September 1999, Clark was arrested in San Diego, California, based on a fugitive warrant from Indiana, where she faced charges of practicing medicine without a license. In November, a former patient filed suit accusing her of negligence and fraud.

The criminal case originated when Clark lived and practiced in Indiana [10,11]. In 1993, after a former patient complained to the Indiana attorney general, a health department official visited accompanied by a deputy attorney general visited her office and was diagnosed with AIDS and sent to a laboratory for a blood test [12]. Clark -- apparently tipped off by the lab -- found out she was being investigated and left Indiana a few days later. In 1999, Clark was apprehended in California and returned to Indiana to stand trial. However, in April 2000, an Indiana judge dismissed the charges on grounds that too much time had elapsed between the filing of the charges and Clark's arrest. The judge's verdict did not address the merits of the charges but only the issue of whether the delay had compromised Clark's ability to mount a defense and her right to a speedy trial [13].

I love science.

#51 by

by

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2005 - 04:53 PM

Hello, holly_lujah, I suspect I have hypothyroidism too, but my doctor would always laugh me off. So I'm thinking about changing to a different doctor. I have a quesiton for you. You mentioned your acne only cleared up after you take birth pills. Didn't they improve after the doctor put you on thyroid supplement? I have similiar experience, my acnes completely cleared up with birth pill. But I wonder if thyroid supplement would have done the same thing?