Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben16

I have a question on a liver cleanse...

51 posts in this topic

I have been on a bowel cleanse doing the p&h shakes a few weeks ago and I stopped as I was not seeing any results and the clay was just too gross for words.Anyway I know you are supposed to do alll these cleanse first before doing the liver cleanse but i was thinking of fasting untill friday and doing the liver cleanse with the epsom salts and grapefruits and oliveoil on saturday so i can rest the whole weekend while im on this liver cleanse. i dont know what the consequences are going to be of not doing anything pre so if anyone could just tell me how exaclty i am supposed to do this or any tips or advices from earlier experiences are really appreciated.By the way I am 16, hope thats okay for a liver cleanse.

Thanks in advance.

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."

It would be fine to do a liver flush since youve done a few weeks of colon cleansing. Try to buy organic apple juicer and friday you should drink 2 glasses of apple juicer every two hours from 8am-8pm. Saturday, do the same thing but stop at 2pm. This will help break down stones because it contains malic acid. I never did the epsom salts and i know many people have not. You can skip the epsom salts and the day after you drink the OO mixture, upon waking, combines four glasses of warm wtaer with two tablespoons of uniodized sea salt. You could also take a 1/2 to a full bottle of magnesium citrate isntead of using the sea salt. Make sure after you pass stones and stop using the bathroom to start drinking p and b shakes. Drink p and b shakes a few days after also. You dont want the toxins to recirculate in your body. It will lead to worse breakouts. It takes some people a few liver flushes and some people, many flushes to improve or cure their acne. After 3-4 you will start to see some rresults. Goodluck.

Dont listen to Ben. Ben its epsom salts and OO that cause stones? Before you said it was OO and lemon juice. Make up your mind. Ben is among the people who dont believe in flushing, but hey it helped and cured so many other peoples acne. Flush away.

I agree with Ben on this one.

I've tried to keep out of the whole 'liver flush' debate as much as I can - I haven't looked into, or read enough about, it enough to really have a strong opinion either way - but I do know that nobody's liver is going to be clogged at 16. That's ridiculous.

If you don't know HOW OR WHY stones form, then you cannot possibly speculate as to whether or not a young person has them or not. My 11 year old son had them, so I know young people can have them.

One more thing, BenK, JC specifically asked you to NOT reply to posts that aren't addressed to you, but are specific questions concerning things you have no experience in.

All you do is flame these boards. Well, guess what? Who cares what you think? People still p.m. me for advice, people are still studying these issues.

So your bag of tricks hasn't worked and won't work.

There's a glitch in the system. Quick!! Get out!!

One more thing, BenK, JC specifically asked you to NOT reply to posts that aren't addressed to you, but are specific questions concerning things you have no experience in.

All you do is flame these boards. Well, guess what? Who cares what you think? People still p.m. me for advice, people are still studying these issues.

So your bag of tricks hasn't worked and won't work.

It would be fine to do a liver flush since youve done a few weeks of colon cleansing. Try to buy organic apple juicer and friday you should drink 2 glasses of apple juicer every two hours from 8am-8pm. Saturday, do the same thing but stop at 2pm. This will help break down stones because it contains malic acid. I never did the epsom salts and i know many people have not. You can skip the epsom salts and the day after you drink the OO mixture, upon waking, combines four glasses of warm wtaer with two tablespoons of uniodized sea salt. You could also take a 1/2 to a full bottle of magnesium citrate isntead of using the sea salt. Make sure after you pass stones and stop using the bathroom to start drinking p and b shakes. Drink p and b shakes a few days after also. You dont want the toxins to recirculate in your body. It will lead to worse breakouts. It takes some people a few liver flushes and some people, many flushes to improve or cure their acne. After 3-4 you will start to see some rresults. Goodluck.

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."

It's any caustic and oil. Both epsom salts and lemon juice are caustics.

You're 16 -- if your liver is actually clogged; you'll be dead by 20.

Ben16,

If you read the previous long thread on liver cleansing, I think you'll find that most people have customized their own flush routine to what works for them (reading Denise's posts were very helpful for me). I started out following the instructions exactly but as time went on, I found that magnesium citrate works just as well as the epsom salts (and alot easier to get down!). I also use safflower oil or sesame oil instead of olive oil; I can get those down alot easier. Instead of drinking the apple juice, I take malic acid tablets every day the week before I do the flush.

And as far as the debate about the possibility of a 16 year old having liver stones.....if you consider that most kids, from the time they are toddlers, consume tons of fast food/junk food, artificial sweeteners, eat/breathe loads of toxins, etc., it's very possible that a 16 year old would have a congested liver.

I think you're very wise for taking care of this stuff at your age! wink.gif

Ebby

Ben, you misread my post. Ok here it is again.

Friday: Drink two glasses of apple juice every two hours from 8am-8pm. This means Friday, you would drink 16 glasses of apple juice. Buy orangic apple juice.

Saturday: Drink two glasses of apple juice every two hours from 8am-2pm. This means Saturday, you would drink 12 glasses of apple juice.

Saturday Night: At around 9:45pm start to prepare your olive oil and grapefruit mix. Drink it at 10 olock and immediately lie down and fall asleep on your right side or back.

Sunday Morning: Upon waking ( No earlier than 8am) drink a mixture of 4 glasses of warm water mixed with two heaping teaspoons of uniodized sea salt.

Thats it Ben. This is what i meant. Many people do it this way.

Make sure on Friday and Saturday you eat easily digestible foods such as steamed veggies and fruit. Try to stay away from bread and fats.

Try to take either a hot bath or jog on Saturday to stimulate your liver. At night when your going to sleep try to apply a hot water pack to your liver area.

Make sure on Sunday after your done using the bathroom a few times to take a p and b shake. Take 2-3 on Sunday. For a few days after Sunday drink p and b shakes.

Hope this helps.

I think his liver aint congested, but he might suffer from serious toxical damage.

Wow. Yeah you guys are hopeless cases, sorry. A 16 year old suffering from that kind of damage? Amazing that he'll live past 21 considering how broken and near-hospitalization his body must be with all these toxins around.

It's just overrated and a lie that we are so unhealthy so young because we eat junk food. Do what you want if you think it'll help you get clear but all this stuff isn't science. No doctors touch it because it's a way to make money for scam artists. I don't care if a 40 year old thinks their acne is caused by their liver being messed up; that's fine. But to say that almost every teenager with acne has some serious body cleansing problem is just a lie and it's a shame that liver flush peddlers don't just say, "Ok, in this case, a flush won't do anything to you because you are not damaged." Yeah -- let's just tell everyone that there's something wrong with them and give them hopes that drinking oil will cure them.

Shame on you.

Keats, you are right. The average American is exposed to Lord only knows how many toxic substances from our environment; particularly from the drinking water. Heck, in England, they are finding large amounts of Prozac in the drinking water. blink.gifbb_icon_eek.gifbb_shock.gif

Anyone can get a blood test and get tested for heavy metal toxicity. Most people are pretty shocked at what they find, because it's not like they were dying of cancer or anything....

But on top of the environmental pollution, there is out diet.....and the "average" American consumes loads of sugar, soda, hydrogenated oils, fast foods, etc.....

I am always shocked when I go to my brother's house and see how my niece and nephew eat.... bb_icon_eek.gifbb_eusa_sick.gifhuh.gif It's hard for me to believe that they cannot do any better than to let their kids eat so much sugar, junk, and drink so much soda. I know that that is how the "average" American eats, but it's still shocking. Diet and diet alone is what contributes to the formation of cholesterol balls, or "stones".

remote islands were westernization hasn't touched them yet have never had acne.

i think they did a study where they proved that the western diet causes acne, as well as obesity.

look at japan's increasing average weight now that there are mcdonalds and kfc there.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

i think they did a study where they proved that the western diet causes acne, as well as obesity.

Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

Asian-American women in the US have on average oilier skin than Asian women in their respective countries. Researchers think that this is due to diets.

Also there is another theory that ethinicities have evolved to live in certain geographic regions. it is only recently that there has been mass migrations to different climates which could affect some people's skin problems. what to do??

When did the "Western diet" begin, anyway? If our grandparents and great grandparents from the early 1900s had acne, do you think we can blame it on them eating the good ole' loaf of bread every week? Everyone here clearly likes to demonize the West and say how terrible everything we do is; how acne is something that's our fault and you guys even cite BS studies that say this. The study that suggested the link to acne was shit just because it was clearly a hypothesis-proof study instead of the other way around. The researcher wanted to find a link and had no problem when looking at cultures like that. I didn't believe it just because it relied on a doctor looking at peoples' skin and then saying that their diet and nothing else caused their freedom from problems. Believe what you want but do you really think that the 16 year olds from countries where any food at all is a blessing have acne because of what they eat? I don't believe it; and I don't believe a 10 year old has liver stones. If so, you must be subjecting him to some pretty crappy food everyday, Denise.

So if someone ate no sugar or junk food, they'd never have acne? You want to commit to that statement before I prove that it can't be true? smile.gif

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Sure. I KNOW and have POSTED repeatedly the scientific studies to back it up. I will say it again, for certain individuals, at least 60 among the acne boards that I'm aware of, not to mention those on other chronic health & hormonal disorder boards, that avoidance of such a diet gives one anyway between 95% - 100% clear skin. Heck, medications and topicals couldm't even give me that. ;-)