Photo

My Blackheads are pushing themselves out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (wicky @ Jan 31 2011, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omega, my chin is sooo clogged right now i honestly dont know what to do...I get literally tons of little whiteheads all in the crease of my chin and blackheads and hard rice like plugs through out the other areas of my chin. If i use my blackhead remover tool i can gently express the plug out..the whitehead ones are tougher..Sometimes it doesnt want to release up and causes an open cut..Now its hard to cover and heal..Im wondering how you apply this serum? Do you apply it to the chin area and then ou have to extract them youself? I cant seem to get this in check. Sometimes they are really bad like now and others they are not. I was using a gentle cleanser by skinceuticals and it think it was way too emollient for my skin. I like that it wasnt drying but i think it added to my clogging..I need a gentle cleanser that doesnt plug me up...any ideas

Cetaphil, Aveeno Ultra Calming Foam Cleanser, and Kiss my Face start-up cleanser are all very mild cleansers. I personally use the Aveeno one,and have so for many years.

This serum has just made my clogs stick out, and then I can grab the tops and remove them with tweezers completely. It has not done much for the soft, more liquid sebaceous filaments on my nose...though they were not bad or noticeable to begin with.

I don't remove the plugs unless they're obviously sticking out like that.

I apply the serum like a moisturizer,all over my face. You're technically supposed to use a moisturizer after applying the serum,but I find it gives a nice burst of hydration by itself. I don't need to use a moisturizer after it.

I'm not completely against blackhead remover tools,but if you're getting cuts from it then I suggest you learn how and when to use it. Injuring your skin like that is not a good idea.

#22 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:38 AM

have these blackheads returned, or are they under control?

Also, have any of them left permanent holes?

thanks

#23 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

They haven't left permanent holes...My pores are not very visible on my cheeks because they are not clogged. I don't believe a product can change the size of your pores, just reduce the appearance of them but cleaning them out.

If you're left while "holes" on your skin after a blackhead pushes itself out and it doesn't go back to looking normal, then you either just have large pores or they could be scarred.Some people just have huge pores because of genetics, and they often go back to looking noticeable after their oil production goes down with age.

I still have small blackheads on my nose, but the serum has kept working for my cheeks.You can't see my nose blackheads unless you're an inch away from my face, so I don't really care.

#24 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (OmegaisJaded @ Apr 30 2011, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They haven't left permanent holes...My pores are not very visible on my cheeks because they are not clogged. I don't believe a product can change the size of your pores, just reduce the appearance of them but cleaning them out.

If you're left while "holes" on your skin after a blackhead pushes itself out and it doesn't go back to looking normal, then you either just have large pores or they could be scarred.Some people just have huge pores because of genetics, and they often go back to looking noticeable after their oil production goes down with age.

I still have small blackheads on my nose, but the serum has kept working for my cheeks.You can't see my nose blackheads unless you're an inch away from my face, so I don't really care.

thanks for the response.

How long does a blackhead, generally speaking, have to clog a pore for it to permanent scar it? is it many years?

#25 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Timehealsall @ Apr 30 2011, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the response.

How long does a blackhead, generally speaking, have to clog a pore for it to permanent scar it? is it many years?

I don't think blackheads left alone for a long time will scar pores...usually people scar their pores by picking at them or performing extractions on them in the wrong way.I think mishandled pimples can also damage the pore.

#26 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:00 PM

i need this serum sooo badly...i have clogs in my chin area mainly. How much do you apply and do you use it every night? Im also on Acnescript and havent noticed a decrease in my oily clogged pores. In fact my skin is so sahara dry its making my clogs look and feel worse.

#27 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

I use two pumps of the serum at night,sometimes just one pump. One pump covers my face but sometimes I like to put on a little extra to my cheeks. I only use it at night, every night.

#28 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:12 AM

omega, are you sure about that? I have read numerous people saying on this forum that some of there pores scarred because the blackheads were left in the pore for too long (thus permanently enlarging it). Maybe they were just talking about enlarged pores?

Me. for example, i had a few blackaheads on the left nasal fold of my nose for like 4 years. A year ago, they somehow just came out, and now the pore is permanently enlarged or scarred.

When you say "mishandled" pimples can permanently enlarge pores, i am little bit confused. Do you mean mishandled as in popping pimples? What if you just leave a pimple there, can it still enlarge the pore?

Regarding the blackheads again, if they come out, and the pore is enlarged, how long should you wait to see if it contracts to its original size?

#29 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:14 AM

Do you mean that the pores often go back to looking UNNOTICEABLE as they age?

#30 OmegaisJaded

OmegaisJaded

Pokemon Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:17 AM

Yes, I meant unnoticeable. Sorry about that.

I have never read on these forums of people left with scarred pores because a blackhead was there for too long. Scarred pores are usually oblong in shape instead of round. Some people squeeze out a blackhead and freak out because they see an empty pore...and think it's a scarred pore. The empty hole they see usually goes back to being unnoticeable after a day or so and their worries are unwarranted.

When I say mishandled, I mean picking and popping. If your pus filled zits accidentally pop while cleansing as you've said in another thread, I wouldn't worry so much about it. =P

#31 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (OmegaisJaded @ May 1 2011, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I meant unnoticeable. Sorry about that.

I have never read on these forums of people left with scarred pores because a blackhead was there for too long. Scarred pores are usually oblong in shape instead of round. Some people squeeze out a blackhead and freak out because they see an empty pore...and think it's a scarred pore. The empty hole they see usually goes back to being unnoticeable after a day or so and their worries are unwarranted.

When I say mishandled, I mean picking and popping. If your pus filled zits accidentally pop while cleansing as you've said in another thread, I wouldn't worry so much about it. =P

arent some peoples pores naturally oblonged shape?

Well yesterday i was washing my face, and other than those two pimples falling off, i had these weird flaky/bead like things on my cheek. They were basically sticking out of my skin. So i got a cleanser and rubbed over them and they fell off. Now i see 3 pores (they are round), that are a little bit awkward color (i.e. not the same color of my face). This happened about 16 hours ago. Can they go back to normal after a day, or does it only happen in a day?

Also, regarding blackheads, if a blackhead comes to the surface of the skin (its basically just sitting outside your skin and sticking out), and you massage over it back and forth, and then it falls off, does this mean it was ready to go, or that you could have scarred it?

#32 lshine

lshine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

I'm freaked out by MyChelle's Skin Clearing Serum!!!

After the first three days of using it, I was thrilled. My skin was noticeably smoother and more even in tone. All the inflammation had cleared up, and all my pimples had dried out. Redness from old pimples had also started to fade. My face looked great!

Then, over the first week, I noticed a fair number of small, white bumps. Between the third day and the seventh day, some of these white bumps inflamed and filled with pus. That was horrifying, but they dried out and cleared up quickly. I also noticed, much as the OP describes, that some of my large blackheads were pushing themselves out. I watched two of them crust then disappear. Others still seem to be pushing themselves out (it's taking awhile for most of them).

But, after the first week, seemingly all of a sudden, my face broke out terribly. I have a cyst, puss-filled pimples, whiteheads, and many more white bumps, as well as redness that hasn't yet resolved into pimples. I look dreadful now. I don't even want to go outside.

Then, the worse happened!: At 1 and 1/2 week in, I woke up with enlarged pores over my lower forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. These pores have deep, sunken blackheads inside. These blackheads have probably been there forever, but they weren't noticeable before. I don't even remember seeing the blackheads on my lower forehead and cheeks before. Now, my face is covered with noticeable blackheads.

Is this a normal part of the "it gets worse before it gets better?". I am noticing that a few of the blackheads on my nose and chin seem to be pushing outward, like maybe they too will crust and disappear. But I don't think I can handle my whole face covered in blackheads! Now, my face is full of zits and blackheads! Help!!! Please tell me there's an end to this! That it's just part of the process!

Edited by lshine, 01 August 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#33 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

back off for a few days...give it a rest and try it again in small doses

#34 lshine

lshine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

wicky, what do you think is going on? They say of acne that "it gets worse before it gets better," so I was thinking this was the worse and the better would come later. But, it sounds like you think this is abnormal???

#35 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

if you have the strength to push thru then keep up but me personally think its overkill and I would stop for a day or so and give it a rest. It probably is purging as everyone says but it sounds like a lot of purging. I did try this serum way back when everyone was talking about it and it was very strong and very drying. Never had luck as it dried the area out too much and thus pushed my sebaceous glands to push out more oil that clogged even more

#36 lshine

lshine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

thanks wicky. It's weird, but my skin hasn't dried out at all. I think my skin was producing way too much oil before I started using the serum, because all the shininess I remember is gone (even though it's been in the 90s and really humid). I use moisturizer on top of the serum, so that may help too.

Anyway, my skin has calmed down significantly since I posted. The pimples are drying out, the inflammation has receded, and the blackheads aren't visible anymore. It was as if for a day and a half a ton of oil just came up suddenly and took over my face. Total panic! But now it's gone.

I think it is purging, because I'm still waking up with new little inflamed whiteheads. Some blackheads are still pushing outwards too (seems to be a long process). All the white bumps I got since starting the serum are turning into blackheads, and hopefully they will push out too. The big OMG zits are drying up though.

All in all, my skin tone is a lot smoother. No more bumpiness and blotchiness. When I wear a light foundation, my face looks pretty good. I just look like I have a few pimples. I can live with that. FOR NOW.

#37 lshine

lshine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

Hi there,

I thought I'd check back in for anyone who stumbles onto this (like I did). It's been 2 months now since I started the serum. Things were going so well that at 5 weeks I also added MyChelle's White Cranberry Cleanser. Over the last 2 months, I've made sure to steam/exfoliate/mask 2x a week (something I was doing before I started the MyChelle regime anyway).

My skin is transformed. All the pastiness and bumpiness and redness underneath is gone. I used to cringe when I looked in the mirror, and I don't anymore.

Not that I'm saying my skin is perfect. As I described in my above posts, the MyChelle products started a process where the inflammation resolved into white bumps, blackheads, whiteheads and inflamed pimples. The bumps and the whiteheads, and a lot of the blackheads all break out eventually; for awhile, my face was covered in pimples! But they dry out (a lot quicker than they used to), the red spots fade, and the skin underneath is clear, smooth and soft.

So, the breakouts were worth it. If this is happened to you, don't give up! Even now, I still have a few little pimples, and I still have little bumps & blackheads so I expect more breakouts. That doesn't even matter. In the grand scheme of my face, they're pretty inconsequential. I look good!

I'm very happy with MyChelle skin clearing products.

Edited by lshine, 25 September 2012 - 06:56 AM.