Photo

Ok Amnesteem Users

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 jschaf2010

jschaf2010

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

Ok so I'm on my 3rd month of amnesteem and it is working GREAT. Clearing up so well. My only worry is I've been hearing a lot of stuff about your acne coming back when you go off the meds...how common is this with amnestemm? Has anyone experienced a return of acne or has anybody had amazing results and not have their acne comeback? Please reply on this, really need your guys help on this one thanks! biggrin.gif

#2 jschaf2010

jschaf2010

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

Come one, i really need some help on this one

#3 pretty_kitty

pretty_kitty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

I am only in my second month of accutane. I took Claravis the first month because Amnesteem wasn't available anywhere, but I am now taking Amnesteem. My derm told me that there is a chance that my acne will come back but she has only had one patient that needed a second round. I like the odds but will keep praying that this fixes my face for good.

#4 ysj123

ysj123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Hi

i think its something like .. For the first time acne will comne back for 1in 4 patients. yeah.. prettty scary =\

#5 ysj123

ysj123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

If it makes you feel better

my brother was on accutane when he was 16. Now he is 21 and acne free

#6 NK20

NK20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

I think the stats are 70% see a return in acne after the first treatment then 3% after the second etc... So the more isotretinoin you take - the less likely it is for it to return. They're the general stats from large studies of patients but my derm is like yours. He said for about 95% of his patients its a long-term solution so the chances are good XD Also I don't think the name matters, be it Amnesteem or Claravis, becuase the active ingredient is the same - Isotretinoin.

#7 halifax

halifax

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

I've seen soooo many stats on these forums about the percentages of acne returning. Until I see some studies backing any stats I'm not going to put much stock in them because I think they're all hear-say.

I am on my 2nd course, my acne came back about 6 months after I stopped my first.. It wasn't as bad, but again unresponsive to antibiotics and topicals and warranted going on accutane again.

Take that with a grain of salt though.. my brother took accutane when 10 years ago and is still clear.

I think a good way to test out how many people go on accutane twice is to go to the accutane log section, go back to about 2007 and check out some of the logs, see if those people posted on their saying their acne came back or go to their profile and see if they started posting on this site again/started a new log. Chances are if they completely stop posting on this site after their accutane log is over and haven't come back yet their acne is gone!
First Accutane Course 8/3/09 - 2/13/10
Month 1: 40mg Claravis
Month 2: 80mg Claravis
Month 3: 80mg Claravis
Month 4: 100mg Claravis
Month 5: 120mg Claravis
Month 6: 120mg Claravis
Month 6.5: 160mg Sotret

Second Accutane Course 11/15/10 - ?
Month 1: 90mg Claravis - Complete
Month 2: 120/160mg Amnesteem (120 for the first 15 days - 160 for the last 15)

#8 jschaf2010

jschaf2010

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

Thanks a lot guys that helps a lot.

#9 n0_m0r3_acn3

n0_m0r3_acn3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:34 PM

My derm said that 80% of people are "cured" of their acne after 1 treatment. Cured meaning, like he said, "no one is superman, you will still get the occasional zit." But I have heard all sorts of statistics, all of them way better than playing the lottery and all saying even if it does come back, it's not as bad! So really you will end up in a better spot with regard to your acne.

But you have to do what you can to optimize the chances of accutane working well. Take care of your skin and lips, keep them moisturized. Try to eat a little better, avoid the sun when possible and having a positive attitude is as much a mental and a physical thing, so being happier will help too!

Best of luck!

Month 1: Amnesteem 40mg
Month 2: Amnesteem 80mg
Month 3: Amnesteem 80mg
Month 4: Amnesteem 80mg
Month 5: Amnesteem 80mg

My Accutane Log!!!

#10 jschaf2010

jschaf2010

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

Wow sweet alright, yeah ive been taking care of my skin very well. So far im on like my 4th day without a new pimple popping up so i just hope it lasts. Im so done with acne, i just want to be free! haha

#11 Fred Q

Fred Q

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

To the user that was looking for official statistics: Roche (company that developed accutane) said that in the initial trials of the drug 2/3 of patients achieved long term remission of acne for at least 1 year. The other 1/3 needed a second course.

My derm says that his patients follow the same trend based on his data. He did say, however, that the older the patient is the more likely his/her acne will go in to remission.
Stay Happy. You have incredible value.

LOG

#12 jschaf2010

jschaf2010

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:34 AM

Yeah i just want to be done. I mean im only 18 years old but i dont want to have to worry about this stuff forever. I just want to do this and never have to worry about taking any more meds for my acne.

#13 dailyRx

dailyRx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

I took Accutane for six months, since then, my face has been more or less clear. I do, every once and awhile, get some facial and body zits, but they are fairly manageable. I found these tips to be pretty helpful in managing it.