red mark

46 replies to this topic

#41 DesparateGirl

DesparateGirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

I've used it before on my face, I didn't like the yellow afterward. I may use it again if I can find something to get rid of the yellow.

#42 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

I've been adding it to my aloe vera concoction. Also mix with yogurt for a mask. It didn't stain my pale skin.

I'm going to half-backup curcuminoid's statement:
- I've read in a book (health bible or something like that), that to absorb curcumin, you should add pepper and oil. It's not stated if the pepper has to be black or not though. Curcumin is supposed to be helpful for a whole bunch of things, acne is amongst those.
- As for whether it really works or not, I can't say. Based from my personnal experience, I used standard turmeric and pepper (no supplement or stuff), I'm not sure if it really helped me or not. My face is improving lately, but I can't really say if it's linked to this or not since I've made lots of changes.

By the way, acne einstein recently posted a new article about Turmeric, you should maybe go check it out (I don't think I'm allowed to link it but you should find it easily).

They mean black pepper.

#43 Twosteps

Twosteps

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

I did Turmeric for about a month and by the end it had stained everything in my bathroom haha.  I still eat it as an alternative to aspirin but people should be careful it can plummet your blood pressure if you take too much of it or in combination with other meds.

#44 5ive

5ive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Totally drinking "tumeric green tea" from bulk barn, feeling pretty good about it!

#45 lewis0121

lewis0121

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

I have been doing this mask for the last 3 days (water and turmeric mixed together) and have had great results so far.

although, I am very, very... very carful with my skin (hence why I didn't use yogurt and only water) and I only leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it off, although it seems to be doing the trick for my stubborn red marks!eusa_dance.gif

This mask might be a 'less is more' situation. for me anyway.

Edited by lewis0121, 16 July 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#46 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

I have been doing this mask for the last 3 days (water and turmeric mixed together) and have had great results so far.

although, I am very, very... very carful with my skin (hence why I didn't use yogurt and only water) and I only leave it on for 15 minutes before washing it off, although it seems to be doing the trick for my stubborn red marks!eusa_dance.gif

This mask might be a 'less is more' situation. for me anyway.

Why are you afraid of yogurt? It's a great topical.  There's a bacteria in it that boosts ceramide production which strengthens the epidermal barrier.  And of course the lactic acid is exfoliating.

#47 lewis0121

lewis0121

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

Oh ok thanks for the information, I wasn't sure if it could be comedogenic or something... I will try using it tomorrow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users