TURMERIC IS TRULY MAGIC!!

red mark

46 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

so taking a tablet called curcumin (500mg i believe) is good for acne?

Will it cause any sort of initial breakout?

#22 Sito

Sito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

WILL MOST DEF. BE TRYING THIS!

MY question for the THreadStarter Turmeric MAGIC is what kind of yogurt to use? or what specific kind do you use?

also you said, you rinse at night after leaving the turmeric mask on for how long?

then in the morning you shower and use hot water, correct?

anyone else got any combinations for a mask or spot treatment they want to put me up on?

thank you KIND FOLK, i appreciate it.

#23 Turmeric Magic

Turmeric Magic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

WILL MOST DEF. BE TRYING THIS!

MY question for the THreadStarter Turmeric MAGIC is what kind of yogurt to use? or what specific kind do you use?

also you said, you rinse at night after leaving the turmeric mask on for how long?

then in the morning you shower and use hot water, correct?

anyone else got any combinations for a mask or spot treatment they want to put me up on?

thank you KIND FOLK, i appreciate it.

Hi! I just use plain home made yogurt. I leave it on for quite some time atleast an hour. Then I wash off. I put some yogurt onto my skin and let it sink in for a few minutes and then wash off as this helps the stain come off.. but still not completely. Then the next morning I take a hot shower and wash my face not with hot water thought just warm water.

#24 Turmeric Magic

Turmeric Magic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

I have also been drinking a tablespoon of turmeric mixed with water! I try to twice a day. I've only been doing this for 3 days so far hopefully this will help with breakouts!

I am not to sure if a tablespoon is too much : S ??

#25 Guest_fugleee_dumbBUNNY_*

Guest_fugleee_dumbBUNNY_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:48 PM

so i tried this and...had yellow face all day .__. but then i reread this and realized that i duh did wrong! i wasnt supposed to leave it overnight! eusa_doh.gif
bcz i just took teaspoon of powder, mix with water and all that applied on face and then went to sleep, at morning i washed with water like hell of times but my face still even after was soo yellow!
lawl i even went to mall with such face .__. (i had no choice bcz tomorrow is relatives b-day and had to get them something n stuff)
anywayz i didnt saw any changes just yet tho, and as for redness..well yea with all that yellow u rly cant see much of a redness bcz its just lawl yellow everywhere.

but i suppose u have to do it more times to see any changes right?
so i wanna ask to op, did u do this for a three days in a row or like three times in a week or in what time?

anywayz ill try use this with food or drink and as a spot treatment as well

#26 kittenpaw

kittenpaw

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

I heard turmeric is magical when u eat it as well, helps clearing liver. liver is very essential for us in curing acne as you all know. yogurt must be helpful in healing process. where I come from people put yogurt on their faces when exposed to so much sun tan! lol i used to make yogurt+vinegar+flour (flour is to make it thick) mask for my scars people said helps.

#27 Sandman21

Sandman21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

How's everyone doing with this?

#28 Guest_fugleee_dumbBUNNY_*

Guest_fugleee_dumbBUNNY_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

well personally me, i got an idea that i wanna test this some more, and since leaving it overnight is pretty troublesome, im gonna firstly test it on one rly nasty redmark (which btw is trying to turn into scar! D:< idk if that makes sense to u but it rly does it seems!)

so im gonna apply this turmeric (curcumin) paste (just without yoghurt, only powder n water) right onto this redmark every night and take a pic evry day n then after week lets see how much did it faded or not, n then ill see if its worth to apply it all over face again. starting today i guess.

#29 l'espoir

l'espoir

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Timehealsall @ Jan 3 2011, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have heard that curcumin (tumeric) is very good for inflammation (when taken orally). Anyone got any advice on this? Will it give an initial breakout?

I take a daily turmeric supplement after reading about it in The Clear Skin Diet and Bottom Line (health magazine). I can't say whether it's made a difference with my skin, because I started taking turmeric, zinc, and evening primrose oil around the same time I started the Regimen. It definitely didn't cause an initial breakout, though. And because it's an anti-inflammatory, it's also really excellent for your overall health (prevents heart disease, etc.). I highly recommend it!

#30 Sito

Sito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

Day 1 of this or NIght ONE i should say since i got it on now and will be leaving it on OVERNIGHT.

FRUCK IT> tomorrow i'll put in on a couple of times at least.

My only question is, is CHOBANIS GREEK YOGURT OK. it's plain and non fat, but it did have the date of March 1st on the actual container but since i'm not eating it, i feel it's ok altho it didn't smell bad.

I will try it with fresher yogurt next week.

ANd how much yogurt should i use>?? ya'll say a little bit of yogurt and water, but what exactly is that?

#31 joris

joris

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:42 AM

This is mainly for red marks right? Although most of mine have recently faded biggrin.gif I still want to try it for the leftovers. Someone said a shower washed the yellow off. So can I use this in the morning and shower afterwards? Or should I leave it on for a few hours first?

Anyone else had great progress?

#32 Guest_Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh_*

Guest_Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

hay pplz! just wanna say nvm that post i made thar ^^^^ bcz i procrastinated n then forgot about that stuff n ended up not doing it! teehee sry whistling.gif

i use turmeric internally now however, but its a bit too early to tell anything tho.

#33 Sito

Sito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

tippy.

#34 unapanda

unapanda

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

oooh, sounds interesting! How long do you leave it on?

#35 umaid619

umaid619

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Tumeric paste worked well for me for the first few days, but its been 3 months now, and my marks are still pink/red, does tumeric exfoliate the top layer of skin? and should i stop using it for awhile and see if my skin heals? because i feel as it keeps exfliotiing the top layer everytime i do it, and not giving the skin enough time to heal. been doing this every single day, for about 30mins the paste at night, then moisturing afterwards.

any help would be appreciated, 

#36 curcuminoids

curcuminoids

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

Please everyone, I have suffered from cystic acne for 20 years. I am among the 2% who have taken Accutane twice with no results. I tried turmeric as a supplement not with the intent to treat acne, but it did just that. 20 years of cystic cronic acne has disappeared! No joke! My life has changed because of this. You must only take the supplement with 95% standardized curcumin and it ABSOLUTELY MUST be taken along with black pepper extract. I know folks, this shit sounds crazy, but black pepper is needed to help absorb the turmeric derivative, curcumin. If you can't afford the black pepper extract supplement do what I do and take a shot of black pepper (1/2 tsp) with a cup of juice. Trust me, you will notice a difference within 24 hours. But I only had results with the turmeric when taken with the black pepper. Otherwise, nothing at all. This is so life changing that I'm trying to reach out to medical research entities to have this drug studied for it's dramatic affects on acne. If anyone can help with this please let me know. I am willing to provide my 20 years of medical records and become a lab rat if necessary. This drug needs further publication.

#37 anonyshamed

anonyshamed

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'm going to half-backup curcuminoid's statement:

- I've read in a book (health bible or something like that), that to absorb curcumin, you should add pepper and oil. It's not stated if the pepper has to be black or not though. Curcumin is supposed to be helpful for a whole bunch of things, acne is amongst those.

- As for whether it really works or not, I can't say. Based from my personnal experience, I used standard turmeric and pepper (no supplement or stuff), I'm not sure if it really helped me or not. My face is improving lately, but I can't really say if it's linked to this or not since I've made lots of changes.

By the way, acne einstein recently posted a new article about Turmeric, you should maybe go check it out (I don't think I'm allowed to link it but you should find it easily).

Edited by anonyshamed, 09 February 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#38 dscully

dscully

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

I'm pale and I've used it and it makes me VERY yellow. It's nice for lightening hyperpigmentation and reducing inflammation. However, I've found equally good results from ingesting it in curries, so I'll stick to that method :P

#39 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

Update. I've been using turmeric topically for a while and it doesn't stain my pale skin. I add it to my aloe Vera niacinimide concoction which does not get rinsed off. And I mix with yogurt for a mask.

And, I use it in cooking a lot. It's goud. Don't save it only for curries.

Edited by alternativista, 09 February 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#40 curcuminoids

curcuminoids

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

I am among the 2% who have taken Accutane twice with no results. Turmeric when digested in capsule form (95% standardized curcumin) has cured my acne problems. It doesn't come with side effects as Spironolactone does. This supplement must be taken with black pepper extract in order for it to be effective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users