I'm writing this specifically for those that have asked me to, but perhaps it's something that that rest of you may find interesting as well.
Before jumping into things, there are a lot of factors one must consider. I know at one point we all did something that we shouldnâ€™t have for clear skin, thus making it worse. I also know that at some point we all did something, and it didnâ€™t produce any effect whatsoever. Overtime, Iâ€™ve learned that itâ€™s usually best to understand your specific situation before jumping into things or trying things that â€œwork so well for others,â€? as it could save you lots of time and heartache.
* While NO ONE can tell you how severe your acne is regarding how you feel emotionally and mentally, how visually severe is it? Think about the affected areas, the types of acne, the frequency and the duration of your breakouts.
* How IMPORTANT is eliminating your acne?
* How important is the METHOD that you use to eliminate your acne?
* How MANY methods have you tried so far that has not worked?
* How MUCH money have you spent trying to eliminate your acne?
* How much ENERGY have you given into fighting this?
* How many times have your HOPES been smashed?
* How many DOCTORS did you go to looking for help?
* How OPEN are you to trying "new" things, even if those around you find it "illogical?"
* What LENGTHS are you willing to go to achieve clear skin? Irrational? Logical? Safe? Dangerous?
* How READY are you to do something that could require a few â€œsacrificesâ€? on your part, in order to have clear skin?
OK, now those are questions that no one has to answer except to themselves. For those wondering, diet and the production of hormones are interrelated, thereâ€™s NO disputing this. You can starve yourself if you wish to test this theory, but there are many other healthier and more satisfying ways to do so. While diet plays a role in steroid hormone production (i.e. androgens), there are other hormones that can also attribute to acne. Furthermore, there are other environmental and dietary influences that can also contribute to the production of acne that may have nothing to do with hormones. If you are currently borderline about how hormonally imbalanced you are or if your diet significantly affects you, then perhaps these questions may help:
1. How LONG have you had acne? 2, 5, 10 30, or more years?
2. Are you currently going through puberty?
3. Are you experiencing, what it called â€œadult acneâ€??
4. Does any member in your family currently have acne? If so, think about their age.
5. Do you have SIGNS of another hormonal or health imbalance? Visual, Physicial, Dental, Stomach, Neurological, Weight, Menstrual, Fatigue, Allergies, Intolerances, etc
6. Do your siblings, parents, grandparents, etc have ANY health or hormonal problems?
7. More specifically, do they have Thyroid, Adrenal, Insulin or Cholesterol Disorders?
8. Have you ever gone to a SPECIALIST, such as an Endocrinologist, Allergist, or Naturopath to get a diagnosis?
9. If so, based on that diagnosis, were you able to achieve clear skin and eliminate your other symptoms, thanks to their dietary, supplement, or drug treatment regimen?
10. If not WHY? Did you not follow all of their recommendations or did they not offer you any new solutions?
11. If their solution was Accutane, did it work? How MANY courses did you need?
12. If their solution was dietary changes, did you follow ANY of them, let alone 100%?
13. Are you currently eating what YOU consider to be a â€œhealthyâ€? diet?
14. Would you GIVE UP some foods that you consider to be healthy, if it would make you and your skin happy & healthy?
15. If not, what is PREVENTING you from doing so?
16. Is that more important than experiencing the FREEDOM of not having acne?
17. Is that more important than OVERCOMING your social, emotional, mental, and financial distress due to having acne?
18. How many MORE years, and possibly more symptoms must you have, before you are ready and WILLING to give it a try?
Just some "food for thought"...
Acne and Diet's Rolesteroid
1 reply to this topic
Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:10 PM
couldn't have said it any better...believe what works for you...diet alone has eliminated my bad acne it was also the cause of my scars and worst acne...althogh i ate junk food as a teen the worst i had was mild/moderate...it was a so called healthy diet of soy, sprouts, grains, that destroyed my genetically beautiful skin and my health in just ONE year, I had also had only ONE cavity as a id and that diet ruined my flawless teeth....since stoppping that and cutting down on dairy and grains I never had a significant breakout since (knock on wood) and i don't use topicals. Listen to your bod, listen to your gut so to speak and ignore the hype : )
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users