fasting?

6 replies to this topic

#1 omgitspres

omgitspres

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:27 AM

what is it? i wouldnt mind not eating for a few days to clear up my face. how can i do this? is it safe? tell me about it & give me tips. thankz!

#2 omgitspres

omgitspres

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:39 AM

i also want to add ive heard of "juice" fasting. can i also have info on that & if its safe & any tips? thankz!

#3 GeneCosta1

GeneCosta1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 15 August 2004 - 10:23 AM

Fasting for more than a day is unhealthy. It hurts your metabolism and once you start eating again, if it does effect your acne, it can make you break out very quickly.

And I think juice fasting is when you just drink juice? I'm not sure about that. Apple and Orange juice have a lot of Vitamin C.

#4 superphred

superphred

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:55 PM

I highly suggest doing an apple fast. Just for one or two days eat nothing but apples, but eat all the apples you can, and drink lots and lots of water. Juice fast is basically the same concept - but be sure it is whole juice, not the stuff from concentrate. Drinking lots of fluids is the key here, because it basically flushes your system.

#5 stoneman

stoneman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:33 AM

I've fasted for 2-3 days before needing something to eat. You can normally survive on just water. Plus, I've noticed that when I do fast, the acne starts to clear up. I would recommend that you only eat once a day (something small like fruit) and drink lots of water and perhaps orange juice.

As far as I know, its perfectly safe to not eat nothing for a few days but anything more than a week and your bodys gonna have trouble digesting food again.

EDIT: You will lose weight while fasting. So dont think that its a bad thing if you do lose weight. It just means the diet is working.

#6 nada_cambia

nada_cambia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:40 AM

I have fasted a few times in the past, and I find it to be extremely beneficial with acne, and leaves you with a feeling of wellbeing after you do it as well, and it's very good if you experience guilt from eating bad foods, just brings your happiness level up a bit.

#7 mr.peabody

mr.peabody

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:38 PM

I have noticed that when I fast my acne gets worse. Particularly when I miss breakfast my skin suffers. I know that this contradicts the experiences listed here, and I think it demonstrates that there is no blanket rule. Do what works for you.
"How come the dove gets to be the peace-symbol? How about a pillow? It has more feathers than a dove and doesn't have that dangerous beak."
Jack Handy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users