Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

fasting?

7 posts in this topic

what is it? i wouldnt mind not eating for a few days to clear up my face. how can i do this? is it safe? tell me about it & give me tips. thankz!

Fasting for more than a day is unhealthy. It hurts your metabolism and once you start eating again, if it does effect your acne, it can make you break out very quickly.

And I think juice fasting is when you just drink juice? I'm not sure about that. Apple and Orange juice have a lot of Vitamin C.

I highly suggest doing an apple fast. Just for one or two days eat nothing but apples, but eat all the apples you can, and drink lots and lots of water. Juice fast is basically the same concept - but be sure it is whole juice, not the stuff from concentrate. Drinking lots of fluids is the key here, because it basically flushes your system.

I've fasted for 2-3 days before needing something to eat. You can normally survive on just water. Plus, I've noticed that when I do fast, the acne starts to clear up. I would recommend that you only eat once a day (something small like fruit) and drink lots of water and perhaps orange juice.

As far as I know, its perfectly safe to not eat nothing for a few days but anything more than a week and your bodys gonna have trouble digesting food again.

EDIT: You will lose weight while fasting. So dont think that its a bad thing if you do lose weight. It just means the diet is working.

I have fasted a few times in the past, and I find it to be extremely beneficial with acne, and leaves you with a feeling of wellbeing after you do it as well, and it's very good if you experience guilt from eating bad foods, just brings your happiness level up a bit.

I have noticed that when I fast my acne gets worse. Particularly when I miss breakfast my skin suffers. I know that this contradicts the experiences listed here, and I think it demonstrates that there is no blanket rule. Do what works for you.

"How come the dove gets to be the peace-symbol? How about a pillow? It has more feathers than a dove and doesn't have that dangerous beak."

Jack Handy