Photo

What products do I need following a TCA chemical peel?

green tea chemical peel tca

10 replies to this topic

#1 MINIac

MINIac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

I was asked what I wanted as a Christmas gift, and after watching Dr. Oz, I decided to get a chemical peel to improve my skin for the new year. He recommended the Brazilian Peel sold by Sephora, but I am not interested in purchasing from them, and not sure I want to pay $78/month to keep up with it. I found it also sold on Amazon, but still decided against it. In the recommended section of the site, there was an at home TCA chemical peel that had pretty good ratings. I decided to look around some more. Somehow, after doing more searching, I found another company that had different percentages of at home TCA chemical peels for fairly cheap, and they all had exceptional ratings and reviews. I decided that I would get a sample of the 12.5% or 15% peel, which I believe has enough TCA for roughly five peels each sample. I decided to also get a bar of green tea soap that the company sells since they recommend washing with it before and after the peel while healing. I will have to put away my DKR products for a while during the healing process.

I really don't want to screw up my face while it is healing, so any suggestions you guys can give me would be fantastic as far as products that will make it more comfortable. The site recommended Neosporin to be used, but I have read reviews to stay away from using this, and I am also thinking that wouldn't be the best product to be using on my entire face while it has the potential for an acne flareup. I usually use extra virgin olive oil, but I'm not sure I should use this either. I need to find some sort of antibiotic ointment and moisturizer that would help the healing. Thanks for the help, guys.

Edited by MINIac, 23 December 2010 - 09:30 PM.

#2 ILoveMyPuppy

ILoveMyPuppy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:13 AM

Are u going to prime ur skin for a week by using aha?

And on the tca peel info part it says if u are mainly concentrating on hyperpigmentation to use the lactic acid peel along with whitening cream.

Iam planing on getting the 8% b/c iam scarred of a lot of peeling and downtime.

Are u planning on getting from makeupartistschoice.com?

Iam currious about this too.

Iam also scared of using neosporin on my face as well.

I would look at youtube videos, a lot of people record what they do.

#3 eleventyse7en

eleventyse7en

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:02 PM

I just recently got my first TCA peel this Sunday and I stayed home since then. Today is Wednesday and I am still peeling. I didn't put anything on my face although I tried to but it just made it more oily so I washed it off. I think it's better for it to just let the skin naturally dry by itself and have the skin peel off (usually on the 3rd day or so). Since your skin will be super tight before the skin starts to peel, I don't know how well your moisturizers will soak into the tight skin cause your skin sorta forms a layer of dead skin after the peel. (?)That's why I washed off my daily moisturizers since it was creating more oil.

#4 MINIac

MINIac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (ILoveMyPuppy @ Dec 27 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are u going to prime ur skin for a week by using aha?

And on the tca peel info part it says if u are mainly concentrating on hyperpigmentation to use the lactic acid peel along with whitening cream.

Iam planing on getting the 8% b/c iam scarred of a lot of peeling and downtime.

Are u planning on getting from makeupartistschoice.com?

Iam currious about this too.

Iam also scared of using neosporin on my face as well.

I would look at youtube videos, a lot of people record what they do.

Yes. I plan on using my AHA+ (Dan's product) every night for a week prior to the peel. I am using it one or two nights a week right now until I prep. I thought about using the lactic acid peel, but am looking for a big change. The main reason I want to use it is to see if it is possible to smooth out the texture where I have some mysterious pitting that has come about over the last few months. Not so much for the hyperpigmentation as it eventually fades away with time. Online research has stated that pitting is permanent although it could possibly be made less noticeable using microdermabrasion or stronger chemical peels. I want to try to fix my skin now before the pitting gets any worse. I also have noticed small age spots are forming and I want to see what I can do about them as well. And the lines on my forehead.... The site says to start off with an 8% or 12.5% and I was going t do the 8% until I read a ton of reviews to find that it doesn't do anything. Then I thought about the 12.5% and found the same reviews. So, I decided on the 15%. Maybe if you make sure to keep the skin hydrated throughout the healing there would be no downtime? That is why I am trying to find the best products that will hydrate, but I might be wrong. Yes, I was going to get it from MUAC as well. They were having a sale recently taking 10% or 15% off the purchases and I was hoping to get it while they were doing that, but I missed it. sad.gif

#5 MINIac

MINIac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (eleventyse7en @ Dec 29 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just recently got my first TCA peel this Sunday and I stayed home since then. Today is Wednesday and I am still peeling. I didn't put anything on my face although I tried to but it just made it more oily so I washed it off. I think it's better for it to just let the skin naturally dry by itself and have the skin peel off (usually on the 3rd day or so). Since your skin will be super tight before the skin starts to peel, I don't know how well your moisturizers will soak into the tight skin cause your skin sorta forms a layer of dead skin after the peel. (?)That's why I washed off my daily moisturizers since it was creating more oil.

Interesting! So is your face really painful and tender to even do anything with it? What percentage was the peel? What is your usual skin type? Mine is dry so I am afraid of it getting TOO dry and uncomfortable if I do nothing with it. Thank you so much for the information. Please update and let us know how it worked for you.

#6 masg

masg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

It will always be dry after a peel, layers of skin are dying, drying up and falling off.

I did 5 layers of jessers and used emu oil - peeled on 4-8th day.

Your face will be tight until the skin falls off, this is the nature of a peel.

#7 MINIac

MINIac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (masg @ Jan 1 2011, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will always be dry after a peel, layers of skin are dying, drying up and falling off.

I did 5 layers of jessers and used emu oil - peeled on 4-8th day.

Your face will be tight until the skin falls off, this is the nature of a peel.

So it is pointless to spend money on a good moisturizer to use after a peel and hydrate your face with a hydrating spray as I have read online to do? If this is the case, when is moisturizing needed? When you start peeling or after all of it has completely peeled off? Did emu oil cause you to break out even slightly?

#8 Phillie

Phillie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

I just got my TCA Latte from perfectcomplexion and since it's the first time I'll be using a chemical peel I was wondering about what precautions to take not to mess up my skin.

I've been on Dan's regimen for 5 month and am 99% acne free, the only thing that's left are the annoying red marks.

I figure I need to stop applying BP before using the peel. Will it be enough to stop using BP for 1 or 2 days prior to using the peel?

Edited by Phillie, 11 January 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#9 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Did you do a search on any search engine? Those answers are found easily with such a search. You should do research (not just ask what to do) before actually doing any procedure, particularly with an acid. wink.gif

PS: Polysporin is preferable to Neosporin.

#10 MINIac

MINIac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

Agreed. Research is how I got all my information on my upcoming peel. And I have found online that Neosporin should not be used, period.

#11 dawnirving

dawnirving

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

I was asked what I wanted as a Christmas gift, and after watching Dr. Oz, I decided to get a chemical peel to improve my skin for the new year. He recommended the Brazilian Peel sold by Sephora, but I am not interested in purchasing from them, and not sure I want to pay $78/month to keep up with it. I found it also sold on Amazon, but still decided against it. In the recommended section of the site, there was an at home TCA chemical peel that had pretty good ratings. I decided to look around some more. Somehow, after doing more searching, I found another company that had different percentages of at home TCA chemical peels for fairly cheap, and they all had exceptional ratings and reviews. I decided that I would get a sample of the 12.5% or 15% peel, which I believe has enough TCA for roughly five peels each sample. I decided to also get a bar of green tea soap that the company sells since they recommend washing with it before and after the peel while healing. I will have to put away my DKR products for a while during the healing process.

I really don't want to screw up my face while it is healing, so any suggestions you guys can give me would be fantastic as far as products that will make it more comfortable. The site recommended Neosporin to be used, but I have read reviews to stay away from using this, and I am also thinking that wouldn't be the best product to be using on my entire face while it has the potential for an acne flareup. I usually use extra virgin olive oil, but I'm not sure I should use this either. I need to find some sort of antibiotic ointment and moisturizer that would help the healing. Thanks for the help, guys.

brazilian peel is ok, I just read an review of it, should be a nice gift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users