Photo

"Holy shit, what happened to your face?"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#41 Again!

Again!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

Wishin you the best!

I have a sister and a niece who use Dan's regimen and let's just say that I think you are making the best decision in going on accutane. Their skin looks very rough and almost like something isn't right. I really don't believe we are meant to be putting harsh chemicals on our face on a daily basis. Lol, I know. Yes, we are putting poson in our bodies at the moment, but it's temporary. =)

#42 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:00 AM

*UPDATE!*

New side effect: little pieces of skin peeling off my palms and fingers

#43 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

Still breaking out daily... cysts last a long time... indents in skin way more noticeable... back/knee/hip pain increasing majorly...

bloodwork results come in this week. hopefully my cholesterol levels are okay.

overall been feeling like shit for 2 weeks.

#44 start

start

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

The side effects are normal, don't let them stress you. Just stay on medication, it will take time but it will work. Posted Image

#45 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

The side effects are normal, don't let them stress you. Just stay on medication, it will take time but it will work. Posted Image

thats the plan! =)

today is month 1, week 1.

#46 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Accushame, good luck with everything and try not to get discouraged. I am on day # 2 @ 40mg and i try to take it day by day. Not checking my mirror constantly and telling myself that its a process. You seem to have a good attitude regarding the whole situation so keep it up! I'm also doing a log so feel free to check it out.

#47 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

Accushame, good luck with everything and try not to get discouraged. I am on day # 2 @ 40mg and i try to take it day by day. Not checking my mirror constantly and telling myself that its a process. You seem to have a good attitude regarding the whole situation so keep it up! I'm also doing a log so feel free to check it out.

Thanks a lot for the encouragement! the mirror isn't a big issue for me anymore, I actually like sitting there and analyzing my skin now because i KNOW it's going to be improving soon =) yeah I read your log, you're a champ for doing this for the 3rd time, i can't imagine having to do it again... you're lucky to not have had any lasting side effects. i'm trying to keep my attitude positive but somedays it can be really hard, as i'm sure you know =(.

-------------------------------------------------------

1 month + 8 days

Hey guys! I haven't been posting at all because honestly I'm just trying not to think about any of this. I'm in a pretty decent mood right now so I thought I'd update.

Bothersome side effects:
The only side effects that are actually bothering me are NECK/BACK/SHOULDER PAIN when I'm in bed and back and knee pain during the day. I'm litterally sitting here trying to think of other side effects.. and if I have to think this hard they must not be bad at all.

Side effects that I notice but don't really bother me:
-Dry lips (carmex is da bomb! only lip treatment that works for me, and it works amaaazingly)
-Dry eyes sometimes, usually at night/when I wake up
-Slight fatigue, but I think thats from being lazy and not exercising because my joints hurt so much
-Dry hands (not dry enough to even have to moisturize though)
-Hair loss, don't know if it's getting worse, try not to think about it.

Side effects that are no longer:
Headaches are gone

I'm still breaking out daily, I have an insane amount of raised clogged pores, I can't wash my face with a washcloth because it hurts too much, skin feels rough because of all the clogs. Pimples take forever to heal, leave a big dark red mark when they do. Face isn't too dry, I only moisturize it once in a while because I've come to absolutely hate my Olay moisturizer - weird. Thinking of trying aveeno ultra calming spf15 moisturizer - thoughts? I want to find a non-comedogenic gel moisturizer with spf!

Special products/masks/things I've been using
-Manuka Honey 16+UMF masks a couple of times a week, absolutely love them!
-Today I tried a tumeric/lemon juice/apple cider vinegar/cinnamon/manuka honey/green tea leaves mask. It was fun, don't think it did much lol.
-Green clay mask (since my skin isnt too dry) again.. don't know if it did much, I just love masks lol.
-Used one of those "facial brushes" from the spa to cleanse my face... bad idea (obviously.. don't know why i even did that). Skin was super irritated. Wondering how the hell people use clarisonics on accutane! waah.
-Garden of Wisdom Lite n' Brite serum on scars and red marks (pretty much entire face).. only started using it today so don't know if its doing anything. Probably wont but i LOVE garden of wisdom! anyone have product recommendations from them??

I want to start doing more DIY masks.. again, if anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear them :)

This weekend I'm off to visit my best friend and her daughter and things might get a little crazy ahha hopefully accutane can handle it.. i'll try and be good ;) Hope everyone has a good weekend! PS i'm still on 40mg.

Pictures soon.. even though nothing has changed!

#48 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say I LOVE ACCUTANE, haven't been on here in years because accutane worked WONDERS for me, it really is a miracle drug. DONT WAIT ANY LONGER, just try it! and stick with it! my only regret is waiting so long and putting my skin through hell with dan's regimen (even though it half worked for a while, but my skin always looked so dry and angry!), i have scars, scarred pores and some pitted skin because I waited so long, so DONT WAIT! it is amazing, I barely do anything to my skin except wash it once a day (if i remember!) and moisturize. It's so liberating smile.png don't listen or get scared off by all of the horror stories. There are more horror stories than good stories but thats only because accutane WORKS and the people who use it dont even THINK about getting on forums and writing about their great experience because acne is no longer a worry for them! its like if you go to a bad restaurant, you are more likely to post a bad review about it to warn others, but the 100 people who went to a great restaurant are satisfied and the though of bothering to go online and write about it doesn't even cross their mind smile.png

ACNE IS TEMPORARY AND ACCUTANE IS A PERMANENT SOLUTION! JUST TRY IT! smile.png

http://tinypic.com/r/35btpjt/6

my skin now, absolutely 0 makeup smile.png check page one for my skin pre-accutane! its really a miracle drug smile.png dont hesitate!

Edited by accushame!, 17 March 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#49 Someclearday

Someclearday

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Thanks for updating! I'm on my third day and wondering if this will all be worth it:/ I'm glad to see it worked for you:)

#50 Miss Soloist

Miss Soloist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Cool, what was your dosage out of interest? and how long were you on it for? From you signiture it looks like you were only on it 2 months?!

#51 Tracy1971

Tracy1971

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the update. I am at the end of month 2(i think) of 40mg. Can't wait to get finished!!! Your skin looks great:)