Photo

"Holy shit, what happened to your face?"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#21 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:59 PM

Thanks everyone! 3rd day on Dan's regiment and I am officialy Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer..... tis the season! aha no but seriously, i could pass for a lobster.. fingers crossed for positive results!

Destroy what destroys you.
ACCUTANE
Month 1: 2 days @ 10mg, 8 days @ 20mg, rest of the month @ 40mg

#22 BorntoRun

BorntoRun

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

Yeah your skin will get REALLY dry in the beginning and possibly red too, but just remember to moisturize moisturize moisturize!!! BP did wonders for me in the beginning biggrin.gif

#23 Noseey

Noseey

Flynn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:03 PM

It's too bad you had a poor experience with Accutane. I am all for not losing your hair though! Acne is something that will eventually pass, hair on the other hand is something you want to keep for the rest of your life. I wouldn't risk permanently losing it! Good luck on your new course.

#24 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (BorntoRun @ Dec 22 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah your skin will get REALLY dry in the beginning and possibly red too, but just remember to moisturize moisturize moisturize!!! BP did wonders for me in the beginning biggrin.gif

in the beggining? .. what happened after sad.gif ?!

ACCUTANE

#25 BorntoRun

BorntoRun

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

Your skin gets used to BP.... that's what happens lol. It still works though it's just not as irritating. which is actually nice smile.gif

#26 winniepig1

winniepig1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

My face is in the same condition with you, right now i'm on my second week of dan's regimen and i can see some difference, but i'm still breeaking out in my mouth area. Good luck!!!

my face is also very very dry and flaky.
~my regimen~
morning
-Brush Teeth
-Body Shop Tea Tree OIL cleanser
-pad dry face
-put on Dan's treatment
-wait til dry
-put on cetaphil for dry and sensitive skin lotion
night
-Shower
-Same with morning.

check out my Regimen Log HERE

#27 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

DAY 3

Hey guys! Gonna try and keep this short.
I tried accutane in december for 5 days and stopped because I thought it was causing hair loss. The hair loss went on for 4 months and then stopped, and started again 2 months ago when I started birth control. I realize now that the hair loss must have been caused by stopping Diane 35 (birth control) and Effexor (anti depressant) after 4 years of taking them (it's a side effect) and not the 5 days of Accutane.

So here I am, day 3 of 20mg/day and my attitude towards tane has changed completely since my last course (if you can even call it that lol) I'm staying positive and am weirdly excited everytime I notice a little side effect or change in my skin even though so far it's been bad change lol.

What I'm experiencing so far:
-Mild dry eyes
-Breakout (might be caused by stopping Dan's regimen cold turkey). Woke up this morning with around 5 actives on my face and right now (7pm) I have around 15, no joke lol.
-Super oily face
-Constant headache

It's hard to picture a day where I'll be clear and be rid of my red marks! I do have indented scars but I'm trying not to focus on that =)

Products i'm using:
Carmex for lips
Eye drops
Nasal lubrificating mist
Olay complete spf15(30 when I go outside) moisturizer
Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizing cleanser

I'll post pictures at the end of the week!

**Forgot to mention, my acne is mostly cystic, nodular, and blackheads.

Edited by accushame!, 08 September 2011 - 04:46 PM.

ACCUTANE

#28 BorntoRun

BorntoRun

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

Hey girl nice to see you again on here, glad the hair loss wasn't accutane caused! Good luck this time around, it worked wonders for me!

#29 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (BorntoRun @ Sep 8 2011, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey girl nice to see you again on here, glad the hair loss wasn't accutane caused! Good luck this time around, it worked wonders for me!

Thanks! I'm hoping it wasn't. Trying not to think about any of that stuff while I'm on accutane, don't want to stress myself out too much. Glad it worked for you, fingers crossed it works for me too!

ACCUTANE

#30 averagejoe88

averagejoe88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:19 AM

Awesome! Excited to hear that it likely wasn't the accutane causing your hair loss (your log actually scared me quite a bit before I started). I'm looking forward to tracking along with your progress.

#31 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

Awesome! Excited to hear that it likely wasn't the accutane causing your hair loss (your log actually scared me quite a bit before I started). I'm looking forward to tracking along with your progress.

Thanks Joe smile.gif Sorry I scared ya lol I scared myself.. The hair loss is still hapenning but I have no idea why.. It's super disheartening. I'll be following your log as well!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 4 @ 20MG
Had to come back and update my side effects..
-Lower back pain is kickin in today, it's not too bad but def noticeable.
-Eyes are getting very dry, had to go out and buy "tear gel" since the drops weren't enough.
-Headaches are constant (literally 24/7) and getting worse.
-Increased oilyness

overall all its been a pretty shittastic day besides the fact that i got to eat all-you-can-eat caesar salad and bread at east sides for dindin! mmmmmm calories eusa_drool.gif

ACCUTANE

#32 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

Edited by accushame!, 13 September 2011 - 10:02 AM.

ACCUTANE

#33 kittycatsaysmeow

kittycatsaysmeow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

i was expecting to hear you say an "eh" or two lol, now you have to do another one in french.

#34 Again!

Again!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

Ur skin is looking great in your video! I'm thinking your skin will be nearly (if not) perfect after this second course. wink.gif
29 Year Old Female
Started Claravis 7/14/11
6 Months @ 80mg a Day
Ended 1/13/12

A grand total of 14,400mg!
If I'm correct, at 60kg that comes to 240mg per kg.
I believe that 200mg per kg is the most you should have, but they say more depending on how severe your acne is. And considering this is my 3rd course, I'm okay with this very high dosage.

After much research in talking with my dermatologist, Beautypedia.com, makeupalley.com and non-comedogenic charts found @http://www.zerozits..../acnedetect.htm I have decided to use the following toiletries. There is many other brands I could have chosen, but I decided to stick with all natural ingredients. Make-up was a little trickier to find with all natural ingredients for what I wanted. Maybe after my marks diminish, I will be able to switch to a more natural one.

SKINCARE:
Cleanser-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Foaming Cream Cleanser-This removes make-up well
Toner-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Refreshing Mist Toner-This helps to make sure there's no residual make-up
Moisturizer-"Alba Botanica Rainforest" Lush Facial Cream-Use at night
Retinol A-"Tretinoin" 0.05% Perscription-I will use this 1 month post accutane, mixed in my moisturizer
Eye Moisturizer-"Alba Botanica" Green Tea Eye Gel-You don't need this, but I like it
Sunblock For Face-"MyChelle" Replenishing Solar Defense-Use in Morning
Make-up:
Primer-"Giorgio Armani" Fluid Master Primer-Before Foundation
Foundation-"Giorgio Armani" Lasting Silk UV Foundation-I use with a foundation brush
Concealer-"YSL" Anti-Cernes
Loose Setting Powder-"Giorgio Armani" Micro-Fil Loose Powder
Bronzer Powder-"Smashbox" Bronze Lights
Blush-"Dior" Glowing Powder Blush

***I obviously use other make-up also, but I tried to only concentrate on what I use on my skin.

#35 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

Ur skin is looking great in your video! I'm thinking your skin will be nearly (if not) perfect after this second course. wink.gif

Hi Again! It's technically my first course since I was only on it for 5 days last year smile.gif But thank you for the compliment, in my eyes it's far from looking good but I am seeing a teeny tiny bit of improvement so I'm trying to stay positive! Fearing the IB though sad.gif Especially when my dose gets increased in the next couple weeks. Did you have an IB your first/second/third course? (Yeah I've been stalking your log haha)

ACCUTANE

#36 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

Just got back from my derm, I'm now on 40mg/day and will most likely be staying at that dose for the rest of my course smile.gif

ACCUTANE

#37 SavedByGrace1

SavedByGrace1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hey Accushame!!! Good luck on your course, I am debating another go-round of Accutane. I am currently looking into changing Derms though. I feel like mine just pushes whatever product that is new in his office.

He was great the first time I went to him, he automatically suggested Accutane, and when the results didn't last after my first course he began to try other things....the last time I went in after summer ended (typically my face gets slightly better in the summer, perhaps due to sun), he recommended I begin using a Clairsonic....I didn't buy one from him, I just borrowed and used it for two days, and I have never had more bumps on my face. I just don't think extreme exfoliation is what I needed. Therefore I am beginning to doubt his judgment.

AM: Wash with CeraVe Claenser

Apply CeraVe Moisturizer

Take Hair, Skin and Nail Vitamins

Use: Klaron Lotion

PM: Wash with CeraVe Cleanser

Apply CeraVe Moisturizer

Take BCP

Use: Tazorac Cream

January-- 80mg Accutane

February- 80mg Accutane

March 80mg Accutane

April 80mg Accutane

May 60mg Accutane

Maintaining

#38 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

Posted Image

Things are alright, since stopping the acne.org regimen my complexion is a lot calmer and smoother thats for sure! Not so red and irritated anymore which is nice.

Whats happening:
Blackheads/sebaceous filaments are starting to get pushed out, nose and inner cheeks are covered in them.
Lots of "raised" clogged pores
Almost no oil on my face when I wake up in the morning :)

Side effects:
Increased back pain (since starting 40mg/day)
Lips are super dry now, cracked in the middle for the first time this morning!
Face is a bit dry, nothing bad
Eyes are slightly dry
Mood swings and anger, crying spells (might not be from tane)

Things that have gotten better:
My headaches aren't as bad anymore!
Hair loss is stabilizing, not shedding like a dog anymore (knock on wood!!!!!!!)
Breakouts aren't too bad, they heal fast, went from 6+ cysts a week to 1-2 :)

Overall I'm feeling pretty decent about all of this and hope things keep getting better.

PS: acne.org has been facebooked! what the hellll lol, you can "like" things now and post statuses? haha oooh jeeze.

ACCUTANE

#39 Shannon S

Shannon S

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

Hey girl, I figured I'd stop by and let you know we could be twinsies as far as acne goes. You're not alone in the world after all!... Anyways, I just wanted to tell you I'll be following your course, I started around the same time as you (the 7th) so we're fairly close, we can compare and contrast hehe... So far I have not had an IB, i've just been breaking out like I normally would..Although my skin is healing. I've noticed a lot of people say they're face becomes very red throughout their course, and mine seems to be getting lighter, which is making my marks more apparent...Boo.. how bout you? Keep your head up, and try not to cry Posted Image

Xo

Edited by Shannon S, 24 September 2011 - 01:17 PM.

"IF I HAD A WORLD OF MY

OWN, EVERYTHING

WOULD BE NONSENSE.

NOTHING WOULD BE

WHAT IT IS, BECAUSE

EVERYTHING WOULD BE

WHAT IT ISN'T. AND

CONTRARY WISE, WHAT IS, IT WOULDN'T BE.

AND WHAT IT WOULDN'T BE,

IT WOULD. YOU SEE?" LC

Log

#40 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hey girl, I figured I'd stop by and let you know we could be twinsies as far as acne goes. You're not alone in the world after all!... Anyways, I just wanted to tell you I'll be following your course, I started around the same time as you (the 7th) so we're fairly close, we can compare and contrast hehe... So far I have not had an IB, i've just been breaking out like I normally would..Although my skin is healing. I've noticed a lot of people say they're face becomes very red throughout their course, and mine seems to be getting lighter, which is making my marks more apparent...Boo.. how bout you? Keep your head up, and try not to cry Posted Image

Xo

Hey Shannon :) that's sweet we can be accutane partners! aha hell yaaa. I'm gonna check out your log for sure :) I don't think I've had an IB either, it's hard to tell. I definitely had a lottt of whiteheads the first 2-4 days and i NEVER ever ever get them so maybe that was my big bad IB? if so that's quite alright with me lmao. I'm still breaking out in cysts but not nearly as much as before. I'm with ya on the red-face thing, I feel like my complexion is lookin pretty snazzy right now! I was on the acne.org regimen for like 8 months and had lobster-face-syndrome the whole time so when I stopped that to go on tane my face looked soo much better and it stayed that way! Anyways I won't mind it that much if it starts getting red cause i'm more then used to it! aha and the crying is so random! it's annoying haha but I can't help it, I was sitting on my couch watching ACCESS HOLLYWOOD and I forget what they were talking about but I just started balling lmao my mom thinks I'm losing it hahah. I also cried my eyes out watching the season premiere of Biggest Loser haha, its nuts!

Anyways that's a long enough reply lol I'll check out your log now! Have a good weekend!

ACCUTANE