spironolactone & d chiro inositol

1 reply to this topic

#1 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

I have been on spiro since march 31, 2010 and it has helped with my oilyness and clogged pores but now i seem to be getting some cystic acne along my jaw line...i started taking d chiro inositol supplements last week (300mg) and i am having the worst breakout of my life..i mean 4 -5 new cysts a day...my diet is good and the only change is the d chiro into my routine. I didnt take it yesterday and i still woke up with 3 new ones this morning. Am i totally screwing up my hormones since the spiro is already an anti androgen?

#2 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have been on spiro since march 31, 2010 and it has helped with my oilyness and clogged pores but now i seem to be getting some cystic acne along my jaw line...i started taking d chiro inositol supplements last week (300mg) and i am having the worst breakout of my life..i mean 4 -5 new cysts a day...my diet is good and the only change is the d chiro into my routine. I didnt take it yesterday and i still woke up with 3 new ones this morning. Am i totally screwing up my hormones since the spiro is already an anti androgen?

Hey wicky,

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to see if you continued to take the d chiro inositol. I'm having results with myo inositol, and I wanted to see if DCI might help too. How long did you end up taking it?

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users