6 replies to this topic

#1 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:46 AM

If I starve myself and eat just fruits and vegetables, I get no more acne. But if I use medication on a regular basis, it keeps the acne to a minimum. I'd rather have a little acne than starve myself.

Think about it: I want my skin to be clear, because I want to feel more confident and go out with friends more. If my friends invite me for pizza, and I don't want to go because I'm on a diet, this is going totally against my purpose.

When I don't eat sugar / greasy foods / meat, I don't have enough energy and I generally feel like crap. I'd rather have a little acne than feel like crap. I'd rather take antibiotics and put creams on my skin every day than feel like crap.

When I eat greasy food, my skin gets more greasy. All I have to do is make sure the oil doesn't get mixed with bacteria, and new zits won't develop. This means antibiotics and BP every day. O yea, and B5 also. Still waiting for it to start working... if it works at all... I think it's bullshit... but maybe... one day... any day now... bb_eusa_whistle.gif

#2 Amoira

Amoira

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:46 AM

If you think you need to starve yourself to eat a healthy diet, you are not really getting it. Why not just limit the pizza/junk to those social occasions and then eat as healthy as possible the rest of the time. Just be conscious of the dairy and bread type stuff and junk food, that leaves a lot of choices!!!

Try to just make some better choices with food. Maybe you can't go whole hog, but some better choices will make a difference without making you feel deprived, and I guarantee you will feel healthy and look more attractive.

#3 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2004 - 09:52 AM

I never eat pizza, or any kind of junk food (chips, coke, etc.) My stomach is picky and junk food makes me want to throw up. I never eat anything fried or deep fried. A little dairy doesn't make me sick, but a lot does. I can't function normally without some dairy, red meat and bread. When I completely get rid of these foods in my diet, I don't have acne, but I can't live properly, cause I feel weak all the time.

#4 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2004 - 10:40 AM

Teplo, ive read that it takes the body a month or two to adjust to eating healthy. I felt horribel not eating dairy, bread and cookies, but after about a month or so i felt so much better. I never even get tempted now to eat anything that is bad for me.

#5 JeremyT

JeremyT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 August 2004 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (teplo @ Aug 14 2004, 01:33 AM)
If I starve myself and eat just fruits and vegetables, I get no more acne. But if I use medication on a regular basis, it keeps the acne to a minimum. I'd rather have a little acne than starve myself.

Then bring out the meds! bb_lol.gif

#6 Jedi_Mark_Trick

Jedi_Mark_Trick

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:04 AM

You are eating the wrong kind of diet that is all. If you are finding that fruits and vegetables are helping you then all you need to do is vary your diet a little, be adventurous. I am a vegetarian and i get along just fine and have energy to do things. Eat Soya products for all your protien needs.

#7 AlexAlmighty

AlexAlmighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:15 AM

Acne is not worth other simple pleasures..what if not sleeping healed your acne or not having sex (this is being discussed lately tongue.gif).Just eat a normal balanced diet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users