cyst

4 replies to this topic

#1 theiceman831

theiceman831

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

Hello all, I am frustrated with two groups of cysts that are located on the back of my jawline. These have been there for over a year. I have tried everything short of accutane. The strange thing is, the rest of my face has been fairly clear, right now i don't even have any pimples on the rest of my face. I have tried tetracycline, bp, retin A, salycic acid, ect. I wash my face twice a day with a bp cleanser. Has anyone else ever experienced such cysts? Its like a group of small cysts that have grouped together on one section of my jaw and created a large lump about 2 inches in diameter on both sides of my jaw. They're not really red, and have never come to a head. Also the cysts are kinda hard. Do these need to be surgically drained by a doctor?

#2 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, feline rescue volunteering, music

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

Cortisone shots might help with those. I'd make an appt with a derm and see what they can do.

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#3 peppermintfruittea

peppermintfruittea

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

I had that same problem too. It really got me down, i had like 10 massive cystic pimples on the right side of my jawline. But the rest of my face was clear. I had never experienced them before, sure I got pimples here and there but never ever cystic acne. I would cry all the time, It really got me down. It was really bad. I tried everything too. I tried BP, but it made my face super crazy and itchy. And I had a really bad reaction the first time i tried it. I don't think it's for me. Maybe I should have stuck it out, but I just couldn't take the itchiness.

Anyhow, I'm using a 10% Sulfur ointment now. And I haven't gotten a cyst for a couple of weeks. I'm really really thrilled with it. I'm not sure if it would help you. Everyone's skin is different. But this stuff had been really good to my face. I have a little bump from a old cyst now, I hope it goes away. I think it's gonna take some time for my face to come back to normal. I have some scarring, but that doesn't bother me as much as the cysts. Have you tried any type of topical sulfur treatments? Maybe that would help, it's worth giving it a try. I know how frustrating it is. I really hope you can find something that works for you. Just look around this forum, there are a lot of helpful people here.

#4 MissMeh

MissMeh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:40 PM

I currently have a cyst on my jawline. The rest of my face is clear. Mine doesn't hurt or feel tender to touch, its more just a pale pink bump, but its big. I'm trying not to touch it, but it seemed slightly hard the last time I did. I'm just leaving it alone and taking my antibiotics. I keep looking at it and thinking its getting bigger, but that might just be me obsessing over it. I guess if it was growing it would probably feel uncomfortable or itchy or something. My plan is just to leave it alone (although am considering covering it with a dressing/small band aid if it gets much bigger, rather than than walk around with this thing on display), I'm hoping it will die down over the next week or two. fingers crossed. good luck!!

My Regimen

Simple oil balancing facewash

Olay Complete Care moisturiser

I use the above AM and PM. Currently taking Yasmin (contraceptive pill)

#5 katiehugs

katiehugs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hey, I have the same problem as you do! I've tried so many topicals and antibotics.. they even wanted me to go on accutane and birth control. What'd i suggest is find a new dermatologist.. that's what i did i now go to a skin clinic. I went to her one time and she set me up on a regime. when i came back she noticed the cysts on my jawline were still there so her and my mom decided to do cortizone shots instead of laser. Because basically if some cysts are scars she said, and the topical really doesn't treat them. The shots do hurt some, NOT ALOT! plus if you ask you can get a numbing cream, which I had this time (just got my 3rd round of shots today) and it didn't hurt nearly as bad. My acne is flattening out and disappearing its great!!!
Just thought i should give you some advice since i think we may have the same problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users