5 replies to this topic

#1 Professional

Professional

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:42 PM

I literally have 4 cysts all around my mouth, 2 on my upper lip, 1 to the side of my mouth, and 1 below my bottom lip.

It started out with the bottom one first on Thursday, then the two on my upper by evening, then the one on the side came yesterday. All of them have come to head already because my cysts usually don't last too long since I use some prescribed sulfur.

But what is the cause of this? Did it somehow spread? I google'd it and all I could find is stuff mainly directed towards women but I'm an 18 year old male eusa_think.gif
Started regimen on October 5th 2008. Here's a short timeline...

*Start-Dec 2008: Recovering from past acne, face looked better than ever.

*Jan 2009-May 2010: First week of January 2009 started off bad, cystic acne, then all of a sudden I cleared like no other and had the best skin of my life.

*June 2010-April 2011: Worst break outs of my life, acne in places I've never had 'em, cystic, new pimples every day, suddenly happened during summer break. Took me until December to realize Dan's new moisturizer wasn't moisturizing enough, it took this long because I constantly convinced myself Dan's products were the best /facepalm

*May 2011-now: In a somewhat state of recovery...

*November 2011-...

#2 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, feline rescue volunteering, music

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

Sometimes cysts around the mouth area can be caused by irritants in your toothpaste. Flouride sensitivity, or irritation from ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate or flavoring ingredients like cinnamon, mint can all be culprits.

You might try switching to something that is free of some/all of these ingredients and see if it helps.

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#3 Professional

Professional

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

Any suggestions on toothpaste? I have a feeling the ones at grocery stores will have all those ingredients no matter what.

*Jan 2009-May 2010: First week of January 2009 started off bad, cystic acne, then all of a sudden I cleared like no other and had the best skin of my life.

*June 2010-April 2011: Worst break outs of my life, acne in places I've never had 'em, cystic, new pimples every day, suddenly happened during summer break. Took me until December to realize Dan's new moisturizer wasn't moisturizing enough, it took this long because I constantly convinced myself Dan's products were the best /facepalm

*November 2011-...

#4 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Professional @ Dec 5 2010, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any suggestions on toothpaste? I have a feeling the ones at grocery stores will have all those ingredients no matter what.

There is one that you can order from several different websites called Squigle. It contains Xylitol, which is a substitute for the fluoride. Look for the one that has no flavoring added. It doesn't taste bad at all - it actually tastes like nothing, which is sort of strange! smile.gif

If the problem doesn't go away, you might go to a derm and see if it is something other than acne (maybe perioral dermatitis). Antibiotics work well on PD (and also on inflamed acne).

A.M.

-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

My lengthy log:

#5 Professional

Professional

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

Hey I realized today that I don't think the toothpaste causes me acne because I don't let the toothpaste bubble up past my lips, like I'm being serious it doesn't touch any portion of my skin.

Can dry skin cause cysts around the mouth? I've been flaking really bad cause of winter lately and I am one that laughs and smiles a lot throughout the day, so I'm thinking there is some friction irritating my skin?

Or possibly hormonal imbalance since I'm 18?

*November 2011-...

#6 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (Professional @ Dec 6 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey I realized today that I don't think the toothpaste causes me acne because I don't let the toothpaste bubble up past my lips, like I'm being serious it doesn't touch any portion of my skin.

Can dry skin cause cysts around the mouth? I've been flaking really bad cause of winter lately and I am one that laughs and smiles a lot throughout the day, so I'm thinking there is some friction irritating my skin?

Or possibly hormonal imbalance since I'm 18?

It doesn't matter if you let the toothpaste bubble up or not (I don't do that either). The ingredients stay in your mouth and on your teeth even after you rinse. Its not hard for those ingredients to come into contact with the skin around your mouth (especially when you are sleeping), which can then cause the breakouts.

Its also possible that its simply a normal case of acne. The mouth isn't an unusual area to get breakouts.

A.M.

-Finacea

P.M.

My lengthy log:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users