Photo

Curiosity finally got the moderator...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
150 replies to this topic

#141 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

So all...just a little update! The regimen is still working for me. Here I am, recently in Paris (with another orger you might recognize =P )! ^_^

Posted Image

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Poor Kairasa thinks she has a yen
For those clean-cut young Ivy League men.
Although they look cute
In their blazers and suits,
They can only get it up now and then.

"Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are."

#142 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

I do have a question for you all:

Have you noticed your skin becoming a bit more...aged...I cannot think of a better way to put it, as you continue to use the Regimen? I don't peer at my skin too closely but sometimes I swear I am getting premature wrinkles. I wasn't aware that BP could cause that!

I am curious as to your experiences.

Although they look cute

"Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are."

#143 tim12

tim12

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

I've only used BP here and there since my skin just doesn't seem to tolerate it, but I've read about people experiencing the same thing. I haven't come across any concrete scientific info, but the theory I'm most familiar with is BP causes free radicals, and therefore accelerates aging. I've also read the side effects go away when you stop using it, but that's not exactly practical for BP users!

Perhaps you could find a product that sits well with your skin for the purpose of anti-aging? I have sensitive skin myself, and it's always a balancing act between products that treat acne & products that are good for the skin (though there are many products out there that do both), BP & HA, SA and aloe, etc. I've been using niacinamide gel (Metazene) for about 3 months or so now, it's antiinflammatory/antioxidant, and there's research indicating it may be good for reducing oil, and just being plain good for the skin! The formulation is really simple, which is another thing I love, less is more when it comes to sensitive skin! If the wrinkles are something you want to treat, I'm sure there's a product out there for you that'll work great with the regimen.

Another thing that works is facial massages. You could take a generous amount of regimen moisturizer and give yourself a facial massage. The increased circulation brings a number of benefits, and it's relaxing! Lastly, imo some wrinkles aren't too bad! Laugh lines and crows feet may just mean you're that much happier than the average person :)

#144 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

There probably is a more technical answer, but my first guess is that dryness usually leads to wrinkles. Even though regimen users compensate with a gallon of moisturizer, that's still my guess. (I mean this in a top-off-the-head guess, not really my final answer)

I'm currently using BP too, and I've been wondering the same thing! While my skin might be clearing, I've been wondering if it's going to have any negatives later...wrinkles the main concern.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's been no long-term studies on the effects of using as much 2.5% BP as Dan's Regimen reccomends, and it's effects on skin quality and appearance. If it exists I'll delete this with an apology! But I'm throwing it out there. If I come across anything more I'll let you know Candice. Posted Image

Edited by Vanbelle, 09 February 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#145 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thank you for your input you two. I know my reply was a long time coming, but I was away from the org for a bit!

My concerns seemed to have cleared up. I think with the weather becoming warmer (and more humid), my dry skin/appearance issues have cleared up, so to speak! haha.

I hope you all are doing well and I still check in, so feel free to ask any questions about the regimen that you wish!

Although they look cute

#146 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

After a year and a half almost on the regimen, my skin is better than ever. =) Don't give up on having patience, it pays off.

Posted Image

And because I look royally annoyed in the first pic...I swear I smile! haha
Posted Image

Although they look cute

#147 jessielynn007

jessielynn007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

wow your skin looks amazing from when you posted your first pictures. It really shows that you have come a long way and you inspire me to stick with this. I have been on the regimen for about 2 weeks now and getting a little upset at times, but you helped me feel better about sticking to it. I do have a question though, throughout your acne journey, did you ever pick at your blemishes or skin? at all?

#148 Ammy

Ammy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hey did you make up in the last photos? your skin looks really amazing ! Love it ! i hope it will work out well for me =)

#149 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

wow your skin looks amazing from when you posted your first pictures. It really shows that you have come a long way and you inspire me to stick with this. I have been on the regimen for about 2 weeks now and getting a little upset at times, but you helped me feel better about sticking to it. I do have a question though, throughout your acne journey, did you ever pick at your blemishes or skin? at all?

Thank you and it makes me smile that I inspire you to stick to it! I know I had my doubts at times as well, especially when I was only a few weeks in. No, I never really picked at my blemishes except to pop the ones that would have burst on contact. As for picking my skin, I did pick at the dryness for a while. My skin had never been dry and flaky before so it really bothered me. Sometimes I still get occasional dryness and I have to fight the urge not to pick it off.

Hey did you make up in the last photos? your skin looks really amazing ! Love it ! i hope it will work out well for me =)

Hello there! =) And no I am not wearing makeup in those photos...or any of them except for one or two! And thank you so much...how long have you been using the products? I hope it works for you as well! Stick with it! ^_^

Although they look cute

#150 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'm still clear! The Regimen can work long term...it has for me. Just thought I'd share a few pics. I'm a sucker for pictures. haha.

In Ireland, laughing and getting rained on!
484269_3341873635063_1953864818_n.jpg

My fiancé and I! :wub:
526900_3321785292867_1949974176_n.jpg

A good post to show my skin quality.
560712_3323625498871_1715242770_n.jpg

How are you all doing? ^_^

Although they look cute

#151 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

You guys are just too cute togther.  Glad the regimen has worked for you.  It gives me hope that when i start in a few weeks it might work for me too

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.