Photo

Curiosity finally got the moderator...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
150 replies to this topic

#41 4frmAPtoAF

4frmAPtoAF

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (Kairasa @ Dec 29 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Day 27

I will post pictures soon but my main concern is the redness. It is kind of my entire face and even foundation can't hide it. I hope that dissipates with time. It doesn't even seem to be red marks, just a tone problem.

wshewfelt - Thanks for your input! Yeah, I am not even going to think about upping my BP dosage anytime soon. I will probably keep it the same until it is clear my skin needs more (if ever). My skin actually seems to moisturize pretty well with Dan's moisturizer. I do add 2-3 drops of jojoba morning and night to my one pump though. I hope your skin continues to look great! =)

hello there. i just read your regimen log. WOW i love your positive attitude. I am on month 2 of the REgimen and let me tell you it has not been an easy road. Patience is key. My skin got worse before it got better. It is finally starting to slowly heal. I do notice that I have a lot of redness due to zits. hopefully they will fade with time. Also, I have had a lot of dryness. I add jojoba oil to my ceraVe moisterizer but i still get dry patches.

Keep it up girl! I hope to be totally clear in the next few months. Most of my acne is forehead/chin/jawline.

#42 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:48 PM

Day 28

Well the breakout areas seem to be clearing a bit. Still have overall redness...I'll post updated pictures soon. =)

4frmAPtoAF - Thanks so much for the compliment! A positive attitude isn't hard to have if you just fixate on the great things in your life, no matter how big or small. I have so much love in my life, what are a few pimples? An extra 20 minutes doing the regimen, that is what. haha.

I hope the regimen continues to work for you and no worries, your red marks will fade over time. Keep me updated on your progress. amused.gif

#43 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

Day 29

Not much to report, pictures after the 1st of the year.

Enjoy the last day of 2010 everyone...Happy New Years Eve! biggrin.gif eusa_dance.gif

#44 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

Day 32

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY! eusa_dance.gif It's 2011! I hope you had a great and safe NYE and NYD!

My skin is doing pretty well. I have pictures I need to upload to show you all. A little bit of dryness but I think my redness was mostly from the jojoba oil, so I stopped using that. It was almost burning my skin.

I have had the most amazing past few days. I hope you all have been equally blessed. <3

#45 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

Day 33

So I'm on month 2 now...my Regimen amounts are as followed:

1 pump of Cleanser (two of I wear makeup)
1 pump BP
1.5 pumps moisturizer (sometimes 2 at night)

I stopped using the jojoba oil because it seemed to irritate my skin too much.

#46 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

Day 35

So....I tried to get the clearest pictures. I have found that artificial lighting sometimes hides imperfections so I went for the direct sunlight route. Prepare to be blinded by the red spots. =P

One side:
100_6186.JPG

The worse side:
100_6187.JPG

Head on (apply directly to the forehead...couldn't resist):
100_6183.JPG

So...the nasty marks on one side are actually fading away as of now. The rest, well, I'm just a well-spring of red marks. They normally don't appear quite so bright, but I make sure to take my pictures right after I shower for best effect.

Keep your chin up ladies and gents, patience is needed! amused.gif

#47 Chrizzy

Chrizzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:48 AM

You're right, patience is needed! But your skin is obviously improving, which is awesome. I know there are lots of red marks, but I think that's part of the healing process. Hang in there!

#48 Siava

Siava

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Woot! Go Kai! Go Kai! cheer.gif

#49 maidez

maidez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

Your skin looks amazing and you're a natural beauty! Keep it up. I'm on Week 6 now and I keep trawling the boards to give myself inspiration to go on and power through the minor breakouts here and there.

x

#50 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

Thank you lovelies for commenting! amused.gif

Yeah, I don't even notice any of the redmarks really until I take photos to show you all and I"m like...wow they ARE there! It's really the power of perception and genuinely accepting yourself shining through.

I just hope that by sharing my face when it's at its worst that you all can glean some hope that things get better. I have faith they will. =)

#51 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

Day 36

Nothing new to report. I do have a question though: For those of you who use Dan's AHA+, HOW do you use it? I haven't figured out how to incorporate it into my regimen.

Have a great friday lovelies! =)

#52 Chrizzy

Chrizzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

I haven't bought it yet, but I was thinking about using it in place of the moisturizer at night time. Some also use it for spot treatment or body acne.

#53 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

Day 37

Today is a bit of a frustrating day. We all have those, you just gotta keep going and remind yourself that everything takes time and it is worth it to wait to see the results.

I currently have a few new pimples, along with the ever present red marks. I hope the next few weeks the magic of the regimen really starts to happen. Right now it's a bit discouraging.

Have a great day all. =)

#54 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

Day 38/39

I thought I would combine yesterday and today since today has barely started...

I am still using 1 pump of BP and that seems more than enough. It still makes my face feel uncomfortable as it is drying and makes it look quite red. That feeling tends to go away when I use the moisturizer, in which I use 1.5 pumps of it.

I don't know if I"ll be increasing either of those anytime soon cause they both seem like SO much. At this point I"m a little discouraged by the regimen results but I am sticking it out a few more weeks at the very least.

Keep your chin up all. You are beautiful with or without acne =)

#55 Siava

Siava

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Kairasa @ Jan 7 2011, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do have a question though: For those of you who use Dan's AHA+, HOW do you use it? I haven't figured out how to incorporate it into my regimen.

Apply BP, wait 15-20 minutes, apply AHA+, wait 15-20 minutes, moisturize. I love Dan's AHA+. wub.gif You can also reverse that - apply AHA+ first, wait, then the BP. It doesn't really matter. I don't know how sensitive your skin is; mine is fairly sensitive and I can't use the AHA+ every day or else I get mega flakey. Two to three times a week is good.

#56 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

Day 40

I'm not very happy with my results thus far, just throwing that out there. My skin still get's flaky even with ONE pump of BP and under my jawline where some of the worst of it is...always feels kind of irritated and burned even.

My red marks are still reallllly prominent and it just...is a wee bit frustrating at this point. How long did the regimen take to work for you all?

Thanks Siava, I appreciate the advice. wub.gif

#57 SocialAnxiety

SocialAnxiety

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Kairasa @ Jan 11 2011, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Day 40

I'm not very happy with my results thus far, just throwing that out there. My skin still get's flaky even with ONE pump of BP and under my jawline where some of the worst of it is...always feels kind of irritated and burned even.

My red marks are still reallllly prominent and it just...is a wee bit frustrating at this point. How long did the regimen take to work for you all?

Thanks Siava, I appreciate the advice. wub.gif

I remember i started the regimen with three big spots on my face, and a handful of whiteheads, and on day 77, i took a picture and realized i had around 9-10 medium sized spots on my face AND a big handful of whiteheads.

But i'm clear now, so just hang in there, shit gets worse before it gets better most of the time, and most people don't see ANY improvement until 2 months or more.

And with the flakage deal, have you tried doing the jojoba oil exfoilation/scrub deal after cleansing? it really helped with my flakes.

And red marks do look VERY bad for a long time, especially in the first 2-3 months, but after you're clear, they start looking better every day, so don't worry about it.

Just keep at it and one day in the next month(s) you'll wake up and be clear, and it'll be totally worth it.

#58 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

Day 41

Thank you SocialAnxiety for the kind words! =) I was merely frustrated yesterday but as they say, today is a new day!

My face is less flakey today, which is a plus. I think the extreme cold and wind is not exactly helping but in a few days I make my way back to warmer climates ala Texas for school.

I have been using the AHA on my shoulders, especially the left one that has a small breakout so I can guage how it works for me. If all goes well, which I think it is, I'll be using it on my face next week after moisturizing at night.

Now I command everyone to go frolick in the snow if you have any! If not...frolick outside anyways. mmkay.gif

biggrin.gif

#59 RCRanger03

RCRanger03

I am your Beloved, and you are Mine.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

Does it make me a bad boyfriend that I just now realized you were doing a log? Honestly I didn't even know you were having skin problems and I kiss your face, A LOT tongue.gif

also I just want to say that last photo TOTALLY proves you could do super short hair if you wanted too..

#60 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

Haha! No it doesn't silly. The stuff I used to use just wasn't doing the job so I decided to try Dan's stuff and more for other people's benefit I made this log thingie.

And somehow I"m not surprised you said that about that particular photo. razz.gif