Photo

Curiosity finally got the moderator...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
150 replies to this topic

#21 1cygal

1cygal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

hey! I've just started following the regimen about 1 week ago too! Now, it's the 2nd weeks alrdy! I actually had mild breakout on day 6 so I'm kind of afraid that another one will come sad.gif hopefully both of us will see results soon!

#22 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:16 AM

Day 11

Nothing new to report except a couple pesky pimples on my face causing pain. Hopefully they are gone soon...one can only hope! =)

1cygal - hang in there! Give yourself at LEAST a month to start seeing improvement. That is what I am doing with myself.

Jojoba oil is a miracle worker, for those of you wondering! My face becomes very flaky at times and it clears that problem right up!!

#23 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Day 12

Seems to be working! The redness is going down and with careful application of the moisturizer the flakiness as well!

I am happy thus far and can't wait to see it to continue to work. Hope everybody is doing well! =)

#24 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

Day 15

Sorry for the delay all...it has been a hectic few days! My finals ended and I had to pack to go home for Winter Break. Plus spend time with my wonderful man.
My skin is sloooooowly improving. Like I said, the amount of acne is decreasing but the redmarks make it hard to see the improvement.

For those who also look at their face and become frustrated by the redness, just remember that patience is key...it takes a little while for your skin to start to heal the marks.

Hope everybody is having a great holiday season thus far. xmas.gif

#25 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:11 PM

Day 16

My skin has a bit of flakiness still going on...still breaking out a bit here and there but I think it is beginning to heal itself.

Nothing too big to report...hope everybody has a fabulous day. Keep your chin up. =)

#26 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

Day 17

Well I am officially back home for a month (in West Virginia) and this cold and dry weather has made my skin a bit drier than usual. My skin isn't anywhere near clear but it is slowly improving I think.

Just gotta keep truckin' with it...we all can do it. amused.gif

#27 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

Day 18

Not feeling so great about my face today. I will post pictures soon...

I use only ONE pump of BP and my skin is flaky but even more so...it is super sensitive and even hurts. I know that has to do with some of my acne but even so, it is red and sensitive. Looks rather bad right now.

Is this just part of the process of my skin adapting to the bp? I use the moisturizer and jojoba oil as much as possible. Just a bit frustrating...

Smile everyone, it's almost Christmas! xmas.gif

#28 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

Stick with it. Your skin's still adjusting. ; )

#29 accushame!

accushame!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

Hey! This is my 3rd day on the regimen, and I can officially say I am a loooobbbsterrr! After I put on my moisturizer tonight, it burnt and stung so bad I wanted to cry lol. I'm using Panoxyl 2.5% gel which has alcohol in it until I get Dan's stuff in the mail! Hopefully Dan's BP is better and doesn't make my face feel like it's on fire! It's okay tho, I'll tell everyone I just got back from Cuba wink.gif .. I think I'll start using a bit less starting tomorrow..
PS i absolutely LOVE how positive you are.. very inspiring smile.gif thank you!!

#30 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

Day 20

So I am home for the holidays and wow...my mom has already mentioned my skin. She is like...why is it so red?! Maybe you need to wash with only water! *freaks out over state of my skin* Whoa...calm down there. Patience is needed.

I haven't posted pictures in a while, so for your enjoyment:
100_6084.JPG

100_6082.JPG

I still can't tell what is red marks and what is active acne yet...only a couple more months to go to see full results. =)

c'est - thanks dear! wub.gif

accushamel - Aw I hope your skin starts to calm down soon...don't worry about it though. Mine still hasn't and it's almost 3 weeks in. It can take up to 4 weeks. I am still going to stay with one pump of BP for a while yet. It's just too much for me.

And being positive gets easier and easier the more you do it. Try it out. wink.gif

#31 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:23 PM

Day 22

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE all! wub.gif I adore you all and hope your day is fill of festive joy! xmas.gif

My skin is...iffy. Some days it is very red, other days more tiny pimples, and others, it seems to heal.

Only time will tell. Hang in there everyone. amused.gif

#32 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

Oh wow, Candice, I totally missed this for some reason. Good luck with the regimen, I love your attitude! Merry Christmas to you, too wub.gif

#33 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:12 AM

Day 23

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL! xmas.gif

Nothing new happening with my skin...I hope everybody has a magical, joyful day. =)

AKL...and a verrrry merry christmas to you my friend. wub.gif

#34 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

Day 24

So my entire face is still red...noticably so. In others experience, how long does it take to stop having noticeably red skin?

Other than that, I think my acne is slowly going away....but my face just feels sort of dry and raw. I still only use one pump of BP. Should I go down to a smaller dose?

Hope everybody is having a great 26th! =)

#35 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

Day 25

Well I have a bit more acne pop up. No worries until it continues to get worse for a long period of time which I feel won't happen.

Just gotta have patience. Hope everybody is enjoying the last few days of 2010!

#36 Chrizzy

Chrizzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

I'm having a hard time telling what's inflamed blackheads, what's just red, and what's scarring, so I'm in a similar boat. I will say this--your latest photos show so much improvement on the acne front! I noticed very little of it, so way to go, girl! And keep thinking those positive thoughts--it sounds like you're staying upbeat. And a (late) very merry Christmas to you!

#37 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:17 PM

Day 26

Thanks Chrizzy! A late Merry Christmas to you as well! =) Yeah, I just kind of figure...acne is hardly the worst thing that can happen in my life, so just be okay with it, whatever the outcome. It took me a long time to get to that place though.

So far my skin has one patch of broken out-ness on my left cheek area and another around my mouth/chin area. Everywhere else seems to be doing very well. I am pleased with the slow but steady progress. I'll post pictures maybe tomorrow.

#38 wshewfelt

wshewfelt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

I've been on Dan's Regimen for a year now, completely clear, and I STILL use 1 pump of BP. It's just the perfect amount for me...but maybe not for you. First couple months of the regimen, I was always pushing to get to the 2 pumps he recommends but my skin would get so red and flaky I would always have to drop down the amount of BP.

My advice for you:Wash gently but quickly. Use less BP on areas that don't need it or are dry. Concentrate it on the areas with more acne. Overall...use less! It didn't make much of a difference for me! Also if you're using Dan's new moisturizer, in my personal experience it doesn't moisturize well at all. I use the Cetaphil Skin Lotion at night with jojoba. It's a miracle cream! Took my flakes and dryness off like THAT!

#39 Kairasa

Kairasa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:51 PM

Day 27

I will post pictures soon but my main concern is the redness. It is kind of my entire face and even foundation can't hide it. I hope that dissipates with time. It doesn't even seem to be red marks, just a tone problem.

wshewfelt - Thanks for your input! Yeah, I am not even going to think about upping my BP dosage anytime soon. I will probably keep it the same until it is clear my skin needs more (if ever). My skin actually seems to moisturize pretty well with Dan's moisturizer. I do add 2-3 drops of jojoba morning and night to my one pump though. I hope your skin continues to look great! =)

#40 Ryan C

Ryan C

Acne is No Bueno

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (Kairasa @ Dec 29 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Day 27

I will post pictures soon but my main concern is the redness. It is kind of my entire face and even foundation can't hide it. I hope that dissipates with time. It doesn't even seem to be red marks, just a tone problem.

wshewfelt - Thanks for your input! Yeah, I am not even going to think about upping my BP dosage anytime soon. I will probably keep it the same until it is clear my skin needs more (if ever). My skin actually seems to moisturize pretty well with Dan's moisturizer. I do add 2-3 drops of jojoba morning and night to my one pump though. I hope your skin continues to look great! =)

One pump? Hmmm. I remember when Dan came out with the new moisturizer he emphasized using the full 2 pumps (or if you have the new pump heads, 3 pumps). That could be why you are having dryness/redness issues. His new moisturizer (if it does work for you) works best in generous amounts.

Good luck biggrin.gif