Hey Tricia and everybody else related to this post,
Ive been following this thread for a couple of weeks now, and I feel it necessary to make a post just to give back to the community (sorry Ive just been super lazy). Anyways, Ive been seeing a acupuncturist/esthetician for about 8 months now. She has been using the same product that you guys have been talking, link listed below:http://dermahealprod...esotherapy.html
Anyways, in the beginning I would go see her to the treatment once a week (always on Saturday) because there is about a 3 day downtime, since she applies the serum while doing pretty deep skin needling (with one of those skin needling devices, not sure what it is called, but it is a single needle very small in diameter, where she would just puncture with it all around my face). The process would be
1) Apply numbing cream all over my face, and wait about 15-20 minutes to let the numbing cream settle in and take into effect.
2) Take off the numbing cream, and start applying the dermaheal serum with usually a syringe over one side of my face. She would use one of those dermarollers to just sort of "rub" the serum within my face. Then she would use the skin needle device and start making punctures all over my scars, usually at light/medium depth.
3) Apply another batch of the dermaheal serum, and then start penetrating at a much deeper level, deep enough level to the point where you are in excruciating pain.
4) apply final batch of dermaheal over the face again.
5) Do the same thing for the left side.
6) Afterwords, she would then use this cold metal circular device, (not sure what it is called) and start applying these hydrating moistuirzers over my face while rubbing the cold metal piece all over my face. I believe this is used in order to "cool down" my face and moisturize it at the same time. Because after the deep skin needling, my face is COMPLETELY red and it looks like a very very bad sunburn. That is why there is usually a 2-3 day downtime, you cannot go out at all.
7) lastly applies more moisturizers and sunblock lotion, and then im done.
Anyways, overall I would say I have had about 15 of these treatments so far. The level of my scarring on my face is pretty bad, because I have a lot all over my cheeks and temple areas. Before I start the treatment, my scars were pretty deep, but after these 15 treatments of HA acid injections with deep skin needling, I would say in terms of scar depth, that it has improved a lot! but in terms of how the scars look, since I have so many, you can still see a lot of them, but I have noticed major improvement. If you were to ask % wise, it is hard to measure, but I would say it has improved 30-35%. Im still not satisfied however simply due to the fact that it isn't perfect, I know I will never reach perfection, but Im still looking for other options that may improve the level of severity of my acne scars.
please note: doing this type of treatment is a slow process, but it does work, especially in improving the depth of your scars. Im still debating whether or not I should continue on with this treatment or go the fast/impatient route by doing laser surgery. Im particularly interested in the Mixto and I am highly debating whether or not I should go the laser route for the quick fix. But like I said, this is a great option to go with, I have noticed depth improvement, but scars are still visible which is why Im thinking about doing laser next to smooth and even out my face.
Anyways, any other questions just PM me.