Photo

What do you guys think of the "OTHER" B Vitamins? The ones that are hardly mentioned...

ocd

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

While researching B-Vitamins, I found this:

"First of all, we must understand that there are several forms of Vitamin B.
The primary group of the B vitamins include B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), B7 (biotin), B9 (folic acid), and B12 (cyanocalamin).

In addition, there are numerous sub-groups of the Vitamin B family which are considered less pertinent to human needs, but important to other organisms and some animals. These include B4 (adenine), B8 (inositol), B13, (orotic acid), B17 (amygdalin), B20 (carnitine), and more."

Source: http://food.qandas.c...-vitamin-b.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Those "less pertinent" B-Vitamins are NEVER mentioned. However, many of us know that one of those insignificant B-Vitmains is Inositol which is being hailed by the medical industry because it helps depression better than prescription drugs like Ritalin. Inositol re-coats the myelin sheath in the brain, alleviating problems such as panic attacks, anxiety, OCD, depression, etc. I took it a few years ago and was amazed at its effects on the body.

Has anyone heard of anything great about the other "unimportant" B-Vitamins such as Adenine, Orotic Acid, Amygdalin or Carnitine??

Thoughts??

Edited by Dotty1, 21 November 2010 - 11:10 AM.

"It takes 20 minutes to turn a live steer into a hamburger. One-third of cattle are blinking, looking around and mooing as their tails are cut off, their hooves removed, their hides pulled off and their bellies ripped open. It is happening all over North America. Veterinarians feel its out of control but the government says there is nothing they can do about it." --The Washington Post's "They Die Piece By Piece" (April 11, 2001)

There are 13 major slaughterhouses in the US. All 13 are "self-policed" for animal abuse. Each worker cuts the throat of about 309 cattle per hour. --Humane Society of America

It is legal in North America for male chicks to be thrown into grinders while alive for dog food companies.

"Poor animals! How jealously they guard their pathetic bodies... that which to us is merely an evening's meal, but to them is life itself." — T. Casey Brennan

#2 databased

databased

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Dotty1 @ Nov 21 2010, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those "less pertinent" B-Vitamins are NEVER mentioned. However, many of us know that one of those insignificant B-Vitmains is Inositol

Every Vitamin B complex pill I know of has had inositol in it for umpteen years. pubmed has articles on inositol dating back to 1916. One could reasonably argue the opposite -- that inositol is one of the most OVER mentioned Vitamin B molecules. biggrin.gif

I think impaired zinc metabolism is the root cause of chronic acne.
A Zinc Regimen. | My crappy blog.
"When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer -- superstition ain't the way" -- S. Wonder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users