4 replies to this topic

#1 onceperfect

onceperfect

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

I just read this "chemical Bisphenol A (BPA) - a compound used in the production of plastics that damages the endocrine system," from a magasine. and Have looked it up it turns out drinking from plastic bottles can screw up your hormones and your thyroid function!

I just can't believe we are being fed this poison, i drink from plastic almost daily! And now that i think about it, whenever i've gone on holiday where the tap water is undrinkable and i drink bottled I have big break outs! From now on, it's glass for me, lets see if there are any changes.

Thought you should all be aware!

Acne level moderate - under control 
Clindamycin and 100mg doxycycline stopped dec 22 2008-2010.

restarted 2013

Diane25 last two months

salicylic acid 2% glycolic 15% now and then.

Restylane injections for two scars.
laser for one pigmented sun spot caused by antibiotics.

#2 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:03 AM

Yep plastic is a huge danger. It's bloody everywhere too. Open up a new game or DVD and you're inhaling something that could make you infertile. Surely there's a better alternative.
*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Yes and lining your tin cans. Avoid them. Use glass, stainless steel and glazed ceramic/porcelain.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#4 onceperfect

onceperfect

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

almost completely cut out plastic bottles from my diet, and my acne has improved. I'm not sure if other factors are involved but even though i stopped the antibiotics they have not returned to the horrible level they once where at. Now to cut out milk and chocolate.

Acne level moderate - under control 
Clindamycin and 100mg doxycycline stopped dec 22 2008-2010.

restarted 2013

Diane25 last two months

salicylic acid 2% glycolic 15% now and then.

Restylane injections for two scars.
laser for one pigmented sun spot caused by antibiotics.

#5 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

if this is true, well, that sucks. but thank god for our bodys detoxification systems, if they are working correctly you will have a fighting chance to at least dismantle and excrete this substance,if only in minute amounts. probably a good idea to stay away from it though.
#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users