4 replies to this topic

#1 onceperfect

onceperfect

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

I just read this "chemical Bisphenol A (BPA) - a compound used in the production of plastics that damages the endocrine system," from a magasine. and Have looked it up it turns out drinking from plastic bottles can screw up your hormones and your thyroid function!

I just can't believe we are being fed this poison, i drink from plastic almost daily! And now that i think about it, whenever i've gone on holiday where the tap water is undrinkable and i drink bottled I have big break outs! From now on, it's glass for me, lets see if there are any changes.

Thought you should all be aware!

#2 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:03 AM

Yep plastic is a huge danger. It's bloody everywhere too. Open up a new game or DVD and you're inhaling something that could make you infertile. Surely there's a better alternative.

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Yes and lining your tin cans. Avoid them. Use glass, stainless steel and glazed ceramic/porcelain.

#4 onceperfect

onceperfect

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

almost completely cut out plastic bottles from my diet, and my acne has improved. I'm not sure if other factors are involved but even though i stopped the antibiotics they have not returned to the horrible level they once where at. Now to cut out milk and chocolate.

#5 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

if this is true, well, that sucks. but thank god for our bodys detoxification systems, if they are working correctly you will have a fighting chance to at least dismantle and excrete this substance,if only in minute amounts. probably a good idea to stay away from it though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users