Photo

paranoid sometimes

3 replies to this topic

#1 NewDime

NewDime

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, definately. Reading, painting, photography, cooking, watching Pete and Pete episodes I downloaded off the web.

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:47 AM

Each and everytime I log onto the holistic/diet forum I leave feeling paranoid. I would just like to know how much of what is said on this board is actually true. I understand people break out for different reasons but sometimes posts are far too general. Am I really to believe that the smallest amount of iodine or sugar will make my face break out? I am just throwing this out there. This is not directed at anyone in particular.

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:57 AM

Nope. I personally don't think food causes any breakouts except if you're allergic to it. I wouldn't worry. Iodine is a normal part of any diet.

#3 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:23 AM

here's a link about iodine induced skin lesions (some graphic pictures):
http://www.derm-info...enet/may00.html

they are different than acne lesions but the article also states that "Iodine-containing drugs or foods may also cause a flare-up of pre-existing acne". i have been eating brocolli (which i read is high in iodine) for years but i never noticed any breakouts from it.

i dont really know what the deal is with sugar... i dont seem to have a problem with it.

i come to this forum to learn about eating healthy in general. if i read about some food causing acne (or improving acne) i usually do my own research on the net and try to find evidence to support it.

i have no doubt that eating healthy affects acne. i just have not found and specific foods that affect acne alone.

so yah, just take everything with a grain of salt (unless salt causes acne... then just do this bb_eusa_wall.gif )

#4 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:17 AM

hi new dime- well the thing is most of us havent had good luck with conventional treatments, so we look elsewhere. my personal experience, when i eat refined carbs (breads, pastas, chips, etc) my skin gets a little worse. if you want to give it a shot, you dont have to go over board. just increase your vegetable/ fruit amount, and decrease your bread/pasta, sugary food intake, and see how it works for you. it takes time to find a diet that a person can live with (i struggle with this), and it takes some time to see what works best for your skin.
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users