Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paranoid sometimes

4 posts in this topic

Each and everytime I log onto the holistic/diet forum I leave feeling paranoid. I would just like to know how much of what is said on this board is actually true. I understand people break out for different reasons but sometimes posts are far too general. Am I really to believe that the smallest amount of iodine or sugar will make my face break out? I am just throwing this out there. This is not directed at anyone in particular.

Nope. I personally don't think food causes any breakouts except if you're allergic to it. I wouldn't worry. Iodine is a normal part of any diet.

here's a link about iodine induced skin lesions (some graphic pictures):

http://www.derm-infonet.com/acnenet/may00.html

they are different than acne lesions but the article also states that "Iodine-containing drugs or foods may also cause a flare-up of pre-existing acne". i have been eating brocolli (which i read is high in iodine) for years but i never noticed any breakouts from it.

i dont really know what the deal is with sugar... i dont seem to have a problem with it.

i come to this forum to learn about eating healthy in general. if i read about some food causing acne (or improving acne) i usually do my own research on the net and try to find evidence to support it.

i have no doubt that eating healthy affects acne. i just have not found and specific foods that affect acne alone.

so yah, just take everything with a grain of salt (unless salt causes acne... then just do this bb_eusa_wall.gif )

hi new dime- well the thing is most of us havent had good luck with conventional treatments, so we look elsewhere. my personal experience, when i eat refined carbs (breads, pastas, chips, etc) my skin gets a little worse. if you want to give it a shot, you dont have to go over board. just increase your vegetable/ fruit amount, and decrease your bread/pasta, sugary food intake, and see how it works for you. it takes time to find a diet that a person can live with (i struggle with this), and it takes some time to see what works best for your skin.