Photo

Carley's Clear and Smooth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 superbug11

superbug11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

So when i was searching for a new product i decided to look at the acne.org reviews page and i noticed one of the highest ranked products was "Carley's Clear and Smooth"

So i saw all the positive reviews and like an idiot i bought this stuff and it's absolute garbage. I then took a closer look at the reviews and noticed there all the same, meaning carley's is just writing up fake reviews on here, if you look all the responses have the same sentence structure, and spelling. They all say the same thing, if you compare it to the clear and smooth site you realize the person who wrote both of them is the same. They all say stuff like "great product just make sure you give it 90 days" or "i love it but make sure you don't get this stuff on your fabrics it might bleach it", obviously it's all fake.

So i just wanted to warn you guys that i think this product is fake and i think acne.org should delete them from the reviews page for cheating.

opinions?

#2 Skinderella

Skinderella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

Have you read this thread?
http://www.acne.org/...a...l&hl=carley

Sounds like you're not the only one who thinks they're baloney. I think Dan needs to do something about it.
Also known as GreenGurl.

Currently on the Do Nothing Regimen.

#3 superbug11

superbug11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (greengurl @ Nov 14 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you read this thread?

Sounds like you're not the only one who thinks they're baloney. I think Dan needs to do something about it.

Well i wish i read that before i purchased this garbage. It doesn't suprise me that other people think this product sucks because it does. I just think they should have their review page deleted so acne.org doesn't contribute to these guys scamming people. I personally bought Carleys because i saw it had such amazing reviews on here. I just wish i spent a little more time looking into it.. I'm just curious how they have such great ebay feedback, I'm assuming people give them feedback right when they get their product without waiting to see if it actually works. The other reviews are probably all fake, i mean there's just no way.

#4 X3Kell3X

X3Kell3X

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

thats so wrong. i agree dan should delete the carly reviews on here.
AM:
DDF Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
Cerave Moisturizing Cream/lotion + Aloe Vera Gel
PM:
DDF Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
Cerave Moisturizing Cream/lotion + Aloe Vera Gel
Apply Atralin where needed
Pills/Supplements/Other
Vitamins (A, C, E, and Calcium with D3)
Ocella
Exercise! For mood purposes
makeup: PM me

Completed Accutane (August 2011)
Kell's Log :]

Current Status: SUPER OILY with minor breakouts
Otherwise good!

#5 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

PM Dan the suggestion.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#6 Maximus Decimus Merideous

Maximus Decimus Merideous

Max

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Holy crap..im pissed....three new carly's reviews....SO MADDENING....DO NOT READ THEM YOU WILL GET ANGRY

Im a complete advocate of removing carly's from this website.

F OFF Carly's i hate you go away (I know you are reading this you sick depraved people)

#7 Maximus Decimus Merideous

Max

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

I PMed Dan, hopefully he answers

#8 superbug11

superbug11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

I'm going to private message him, thanks for the responses.

Did anyone else get really small white head things from Carleys? I'm considering going on Dans treatment but I'm not sure yet. I need something to get my skin back to "normal".

#9 superbug11

superbug11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

So i just purchased a few things from acne.org and I'm hoping i see better results

I bought

Benzoyl Peroxide and AHA+

I have a cleanser + moisterizer

I really wanted to get joojaba oil but i couldn't afford it since the shipping cost me 13 dollars and my total was about 50 for these two products.

Do you guys think i can buy joojoba oil at any health store for cheap?

Wish me luck guys

#10 Skinderella

Skinderella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

*Wishing you luck!*

What exactly did you guys suggest to Dan? For him to take the page off? I'm not sure what to suggest.
Also known as GreenGurl.

#11 superbug11

superbug11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (greengurl @ Nov 16 2010, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Wishing you luck!*

What exactly did you guys suggest to Dan? For him to take the page off? I'm not sure what to suggest.

I informated him to the situation and told him i feel they should be removed for cheating.

Good news is today my Benzoyl Peroxide and AHA+ came from Dan!!

Took 2 days to get it and I'm looking forward to using it

I also bought jojoba oil!

#12 dukey11

dukey11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

Steve Wills from orlando

2 days ago
Pros I hope the owners of this site will allow me the opportunity to respond to an accusation by a reviewer that we make up fake reviews on this site. Since this site carries a .org suffix it seems only fair that they allow me to speak.
Cons We have never ever placed a bogus review on this site. or any site. or suggested anyone else do so. I respect this site and the work they do too much to do so. I believe(I'm not sure) this is the first time we even have made any contact with acne.org
Bottom line I will admit, we do recommend to our regular customers when theyreorder(especially after a kind comment) to post reviews here. Usually after they have been buying for more than a year. But we don't tell them what to write or offer them any incentive. or even follow up. If you read our positive comments here you will see they are all written in a different voice. It would be hard to fake that.

It is a well accepted fact that Acne is caused by a certain bacteria. (Propionibacterium Acnes) and how ones body deals with it. No acne product can cause acne. Although some people build up a dependency on certain products. Taking those products away can cause acne to return in those people. Usually temporarily after starting our product. I do though understand the frustration of people we can't help. I wish so bad we could help them.

As we say in our listings this product does not help everyone. Nothing does. It's why we have the guarantee we have. Our return rate is very low. There are no miracles. Adult acne is common today. We are just doing our best to help the ones we can help.
Thank you for reading this.
Steve Wills

just passing by.. read this post and went to that review..
and saw this comment by.. apparently its owner lol.. intersting

#13 superbug11

superbug11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

The owner is such a scam artist

Just read like the last five reviews posted. All of them say something like "This product is so great all of my kids and grandparents and entire family use it" and then go on to say the only negative is when they run out

EVERY single person on the forums who has tried this product has failed miserably. The only people who give this stuff positive reviews are people on anonymous review sites.

Just think about...and look at the reviews it's so obvious this is fake

the owner responded like the day after the bad review, he's obviously filling it up with fake reviews every day and checking it all the time

it's so stupid how the highest rated product with one of the highest number of reviews makes EVERYONES skin worse just run a search on these forums and EVERY PERSON who regularly posts absolutely hates this product...THIS STUFF IS FAKE

Don't fall for this stuff guys

Edited by superbug11, 19 November 2010 - 07:05 PM.

#14 Skinderella

Skinderella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (dukey11 @ Nov 19 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve Wills from orlando

2 days ago
Pros I hope the owners of this site will allow me the opportunity to respond to an accusation by a reviewer that we make up fake reviews on this site. Since this site carries a .org suffix it seems only fair that they allow me to speak.
Cons We have never ever placed a bogus review on this site. or any site. or suggested anyone else do so. I respect this site and the work they do too much to do so. I believe(I'm not sure) this is the first time we even have made any contact with acne.org
Bottom line I will admit, we do recommend to our regular customers when theyreorder(especially after a kind comment) to post reviews here. Usually after they have been buying for more than a year. But we don't tell them what to write or offer them any incentive. or even follow up. If you read our positive comments here you will see they are all written in a different voice. It would be hard to fake that.

It is a well accepted fact that Acne is caused by a certain bacteria. (Propionibacterium Acnes) and how ones body deals with it. No acne product can cause acne. Although some people build up a dependency on certain products. Taking those products away can cause acne to return in those people. Usually temporarily after starting our product. I do though understand the frustration of people we can't help. I wish so bad we could help them.

As we say in our listings this product does not help everyone. Nothing does. It's why we have the guarantee we have. Our return rate is very low. There are no miracles. Adult acne is common today. We are just doing our best to help the ones we can help.
Thank you for reading this.
Steve Wills

just passing by.. read this post and went to that review..
and saw this comment by.. apparently its owner lol.. intersting

THAT ISN'T A REVIEW. WHAT CON ARTISTS! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I'm done.

Also known as GreenGurl.

#15 dymx86

dymx86

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:01 AM

I agree that it is wrong if the owner for this product is writing multiple reviews for their item. This may well be the case, but I used this product a few times and actually wrote a review a few years ago under the name "maggie." It was when I stopped using proactive after 2 years, and restarted it two months later and It gave me acne all over my jaw. I love natural stuff so I decided to try carleys. I can say that the first few weeks I broke out but I was like my face is already messed up so I might as well continue. During those few weeks my jawline cleared up but it gave me pimple on my forehead. I clears up pimples FAST, and that is why I like it. I pick at my skin, because my pimple usually last over a week and I get fed up.

Right now though I am using tea tree oil wash by the company "jason." found in must drugstores you should try that. I also had a nodule on my face for years and tea tree has reduced it by 60% the proble with my skin though is that products eventually stop working after a while :/ then I have to move on to something else.

#16 Maria V

Maria V

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

I'm not going to say this product is either fake nor promising, because I have never used it. I do have to say that there are a lot of reviews on MakeUpAlley about this product, however, it's all about the bar soap, which I think people really seem to like. However, many of the reviewers post that it is not for people who have sensitive or acneic skin. Ironic, yes, seeing as how this product is for acne sufferers. I agree with one of the posters, however, when he says that none of the products are reviewed on YouTube. I don't care how small the company is, I can usually find a review on youtube for ANYTHING. So, if it's not on youtube it most likely cannot be trusted.
Currently am acne free *knock on wood*, have been for a few months.

Morning: Wash face with a mild lathering cleanser/put Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer on/Sunscreen
Night: Wash with Neostrata Foaming Glycolic Wash, use Estee Lauder toner, and then use tazorac, then moisturize with 10% glycolic moisturizer.

Still keeping it metal \m/!

#17 superbug11

superbug11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

update

Dan sent me a private message and said he'll have it looked into soon

also, about the soap

it's 100 percent shea butter....that's the worst possible thing you can put on your skin (for acne)

#18 Icing

Icing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I did try it after reading all the amazing reviews and then later when I broke out with cystic acne I checked the reviews that had it written at one star, guess what... they all matched mine. I left a one star review too because the product just made my face so much worse. I hope it isn't a scam and actually does work for all those people because it's beyond horrible that a company could prey on people who are already struggling and looking desperately for a cure. :(
Zenmed Cleanser, Desert Essence Lotion, Jojoba oil, and BP

#19 Torquemonster

Torquemonster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

One of you folks should contact a lawyer and ask about legal action against Carley's. Sounds that they should be put out of business.....time for you to make some money. As long as Americans allow this type of "bad behavior" than companies will continue doing it. Time for US citizens to stand up for themselves.

#20 Maximus Decimus Merideous

Max

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

OMG i've been posting about how terrible Carley's is for AGES. I even had this huge thread which got deleted by the mods because Carly's company complained about it....just ask the member here onefatalgoose, he was there as well. I 100% believe that its a scam. Their reviews sound ridiculously similar, and there is not one negative review on their website. Moreover, their ingredients SUCK for acne, and their method is VERY irritating (using a scrub with a washcloth...yikes!).

Think about it...how easy it is for a company to sit in front of a computer and make fake ads all day? Time consuming? Sort of. Is it worth free invaluable advertising? Yes.

I hate that company, and they ruin a lot of people's skin