Photo

how the weather effects your acne!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 peruanofutbol14

peruanofutbol14

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

is cold weather goood for acne as long as you moisturize well in the morning and night??

#2 roderick9van

roderick9van

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:53 AM

The truth is that cold weather may cause acne indirectly. Cold weather is a physical stress on your skin and can cause breakouts. Seasonal acne is very common, in fact many people have much clearer skin in the summer and experience a greater number of breakouts the winter months. The reason is because the weather is windy, dry and cold. You can’t change the cold weather but there are several things that you can do to protect your skin from the cold weather.
The first thing to prepare your skin for the cold weather is to use an aloe vera based skin moisturizer on exposed skin. This way your skin does not get dried out by the cold weather and is not as susceptible to breakouts. Moisture is the key to protection against cold weather. It is important that in cold weather months you take fewer showers and make sure you apply hand & body lotion to your skin each day.
The more moisture your skin can absorb, the more resistant it will be to the cold weather and using a high quality skin moisturizer is the best first step.

#3 lameleah

lameleah

Catch me when I fall

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:36 AM

This is weird. Many people here said their acne come back when it's winter. But speaking for myself, my face explode in summer time. When it comes to autumn or winter, I dont break out much. I think it really depends on your skin type, the weather in your living place and other stuff. For my case, I got very oily skin and I live in asia, so the summer heat trigger my oil glands while in winter,it reaches balance rolleyes.gif

Regarding your question, I wont say cold weather is good for acne as long as you moisturize well. It depends on your skin type. If you have oily skin, you probably won't break out as often even if you dont moisturize IMO but if you have dry skin, even you use moisturizer day and night, you can also be prone to acne. My uni lecturer had once taught me that yes, moisturizer can boost up your skin's hydration level instantly after you apply it but after sometimes it drops back to the original state. Yet, as what the above poster mentioned, moisture is the key. Stay hydrated by drinking more water and use moisturizer which can aslo help. wink.gif

#4 Turbolemon

Turbolemon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

I found when it was sunny and warm my skin could dry out and i would get whiteheads. I don't think colder weather had much of an effect. Although sometimes a cold wind felt like it was drying my skin out a bit.

But these days i moisturise in the morning and weather doesn't seem to affect my skin at all.

#5 change4eva

change4eva

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

Don't know about others~But, the windy/cooler weather turns my friends( mostly) and mine better~
I'm from Malaysia. The weather here totally bad and cause lots of breakouts~Many of them moved to Australia and then their skin turn healthier! biggrin.gif

#6 Randomstuffs261

Randomstuffs261

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

My last holiday was Egypt in the summer...

i came back looking like i had been stung by 30 bees

sticking to home in future wink.gif

#7 kitcat

kitcat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Yeah the weather affects me in reverse like some people here. My face was at it's best during winter, and before summer starts it seems to be at it's worse every year except for one year ages ago and I really can't remember back to what I was doing then for it to be so good, rah.

#8 layton

layton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:01 PM

mince is defiantly worse in summer

#9 rabb!t

rabb!t

Super Rabb!t

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

I think acne is constant throughout the year if you experience weather/climate changes in your area. Other people have different opinions on some changes for acne because of myths such as sweating in the summer makes you breakout, or dry skin in winter will make you break out. It is all about just relaxing not stressing over it, you will be fine.

#10 sel19abcaramel

sel19abcaramel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

I live in england therefore we dont have much of a summer when I went to north africa for 2 weeks with constant sunshine......it was 30 plus degrees everyday.....my skin was the clearest it had every been since i started getting acne at 14 and im 25.....the difference was DRAMATIC. MY scars/blemishes that have been on my face for years faded within days...i was shocked....and my skin which is normally very oily ( i will wash my face and a few seconds later I will see the oil surface on my forhead) was dry all the time! I could count the amount of marks on my face ( before there would be toooooo many to count)

As soon as I cam back to the uk.....my spots came back......i do think that the hot weather is my cure for acne......