Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leo's Last solution

45 posts in this topic

Sweetjade/Cole:

Yes, Progesterone Cream - Sweetjade - I answered you in another thread somewhere regarding the same question. Appreciate your new thread!

Cole - men CAN use it but one study done showed no difference in men except that it could be used as a contraceptive method on men. However, since no large pharmacuetical company is sponsoring it there won't be any tests/studies done it. You can check out out more about this stuff: Dr. John Lee "What your doctor mayl NOT tell you about Menopause". He's got other books too - it's a damn good read for any woman - especially if she's taking birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy.

That is the problem with natural/alternative methods - no studies - and if they do have one, someone is criticizing it. However, everyone will believe the studies that pharmacuetical companies do (never mind they are studying and promoting their own product, never mind that doctors get kickbacks when they prescribe certain medications that are being "pushed" that month on tv).

lookingtobeclear,

LOL, I don't know which thread to respond to you on about this, so I'll use this one. Were there any other reasons why you chose NPC treatment? Are you perimenopause or have you always had weight or menstrual problems?

Thanks

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

lord.. i just finished skimming over leos book... my head aches bb_eusa_wall.gif i cant get over all the info he has packed into that e book.. im going to try as much of what he recommends as i can handle.. an ill post results.. an summarize it as soon as i can figure out what i just read bb_eusa_boohoo.gif

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

Hey Sweetjade,

No true weight problems - always on the small side until I hit my thirties - now I'm just average (5'4" - 126 lbs) not too small, not overweight.

I wouldn't say that I had issues with my period in the sense of it being irregular - but I would say that I definitely had monthly issues - bloating, cramping, long periods, 35-40 day between cycles though (however, most of the women in my family are that way) - almost all of that has evened out along with most - but not all - of my skin. I am and have always been leery of taking a synthetic drug for extended periods of time - it simply did not seem right. I was 30 before I ever tried birth control.

BC pills had affected other things - sex drive, they made the cramping 40 times worse, facial hair growth (like I didn't have enough issues to begin with!), the bloating was worse, the skin was about the same - somtimes better, sometimes not. It also caused some small ovarian cysts that were mildy annoying. When I mentioned this to a friend she told me her GYN had given her this cream to rub into her stomach. I just looked at her kind of bug eyed. When I mentioned it at work, one girl was like, Oh yeah, I love that stuff my husband and I both use it. She hooked me up with a girl that sells Arbonne - they make one version. After I tried that, I experimented around with different kinds of progesterone cream to see if one seemed to do better for me than others. I've also messed around with how I use it to see what worked best for me.

The progesterone cream really helped a lot of symptoms (eradicated or removed some of it completely). I won't sit here and say it's for everybody - after menopause - women should consider estrogen cream or progesterone - depends on what works for them or what a hormone test reveals.

I would really recommend reading Dr. John Lee's book - he gives some very interesting information written in an easy to understand format. He also advocates things like a healthy diet, no smoking, etc. One thing that I liked about him is that he never had a product to sell in his book. He even gives you recommendations of who makes the cream up to the standards he states it should be at. It's well worth checking out - any female should read it - and decide for themselves if this is a product they would like to invest in. He goes into detail to explain the difference between synthetic hormones and nautral ones - even if they are generated in a laboratory.

I've been on the cream since September of 2003. It took one year of birth control pills before side effects showed up -a nd I took it an additional two years with slow but continually developing issues. I would say that I've gotten better every month since I've started and expect to continue that trend. You can get too much of the cream - but even those who mention that also follow it by saying that it has almost no known side effects. There is an exception to every rule, as you are smart enough to know.

Feel free to ask me more questions, if you are interested. smile.gif

Yes Sad Caroline please try to summarize. From what I have heard the book is just too much!! ohmy.gif If you are going to do the EFA thing with the butter or goats milk, I know a place that sells it. Let me know.

mich i will give this a try an report back my take on this whole thing.. it seems alot of people say it doesnt work.. but i havent found too many people that have actually really tried what he recommends bb_question.gif

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] Country music makes me horny

I've read Leo's Last Solution many years ago and again recently.

The $40 book is really worth the price. It has more information than many books of it's type that are found in bookstores, and these tend to have more hype and repetition. Printed out it's over 220 pages of information that could be better organized, true - but this is the in depth medical/nutrutional information that doctors won't pay attention to and that many health-concerned people still don't know - because it really does take years of self-driven research and experimentation to find out this much information - and research labs certainly wouldn't fund research that is anti-medication.

Of course you think that changing your diet or eating habits this drastically is crazy. The American diet evolved to what it is over the past several decades and no one would consider what is considered normal as life threatening. Leo doesn't much glamorize the diet that he advocates, but you can find beautiful and amazingly delicious foods in a similiar regimin in all of the raw foods websites online, raw cookbooks - and Leo's diet allows meat, so it's less restrictive.

The link to diet and acne is real, but many American's aren't warned and don't get the opportunity to change their health through diet until they deal with more serious health issues, like ulcers, diabetes, or life threatening diseases, like cancer.

If your acne can change your lifestyle dramatically for the better, you can consider it a gift of health. Or you can take Accutane, antibiotics, and topicals and save your health salvaging for later.

mic:

i just read the entire thing and am going to try it. where can i get the goat's milk? thaniks!

hey mich,

i think organicpastures only has cow milk unless i misread the site.

fyi: i use the raw from them at it is fabulous. i combine it with garden of life cod liver oil and it has helped my skin. raw butter is soo nutritious:)

Acnefighter,

hello there, how you keeping?

do you know if you can get this goatmilk stuff in the uk?

Hi, I havent taking kefir for last two weeks because my kefir grain is dead after I put it in freezer. Hmm, learned my lesson now. But I just got one from my friend. But it seems different. Lets see how it goes in process.

Hmm, to get raw milk in UK, you can check this.

from www.realmilk.com

Sainsbury's and Tesco sell Roquefort made from raw sheep's milk and Camembert made from raw cow's milk. Tesco has recently introduced an organic raw milk Swiss Emmental.

East Sussex: Plawhatch Farm, Priory Road, Sharpthorne, has raw organic milk available at their store and will deliver to the local area.

Wales: Cnwc Goats is a small goats' dairy farm selling raw milk by mail order and some raw goats' cheeses. The goats seem to be pasture fed too. Cnwc Goats, Ysbyty Ystwyth, Ystrad Meurig, Ceredigion SY25 6DA, Tel: 01974 282634, www.cnwc-goats.co.uk/

This website lists producers of raw milk in the UK as well as sources of other healthy food: http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/

I hope this helps you. smile.gif

Hi there SweetJade....

Could you please let us in on how you got 99% clear. I bought Leo's book too....but certainly cannot (with 2 children and going to graduate school) afford what he says is needed. I am a 31 year old...so darn tired of breakouts. I would love to know what you did that worked for you.

Thanks!

Lynn

CoLe

Indeed I am of the same mind.  Similar to what Denise says, if there is something very wrong with your liver, supplements will only take you so far before they cease to work, if they effective at all.

I bought Leos book to see what he had to say about diet and supplements and at the time, I was already taking Avandia and Spironolactone and I still wasn't clear. After I read most of his book, I was thinking I would have to spend about $300 a month just so I could take 30 - 40 pills to get me clear.  I couldn't afford that, so 2 summers ago, I took the plunge...

Hmm...from what I recall, he suggests that you stay away from all dairy, trans fats, and added sugar.  He’s of the same belief of Sadcaroline and many others about not drinking while eating. Otherwise he lets you eat anything else, according to it’s natural season, as long as it has been sprouted or fermented (& is organic) right?  

Perhaps he has updated it since then.  Does his version of the Hypoglycemic Index only discuss its production of fats? What food categories does he tell you not to eat now?

I agree with the majority of what his book says, but there’s some areas that aren’t thorough enough and hopefully he’s improved in that respect. As for what I think about Insulin and it’s role, well some people here may think that I’m the “poster child� for the Insulin-Androgen-Acne connection.  http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=26936

My complexion is currently 99% clear, less oil, and the smallest pores I’ve ever known.  I know what I need to avoid or eat more of, but it’s not always feasible.  As such, I’m looking into other supplements to see if it’s possible that I can kick this last 1% that way.  In the mean time, I am still working on making my diet healthier, but I also believe that for some people symptoms can be so stubborn that they may need Detox/Cleansings/Flushes, Supplements, and/or possibly even a Prescription to help overcome ALL of their symptoms.  Although, I’ve met and worked with many people on these boards that have eliminated similar, or more foods than I, and achieved 100% clear skin; so I don’t doubt that it is possible through diet alone.

Bye for now  ;-)

Yeah no doubt, and I posted in their forums, and they are all reallllly biased.  Leo is god to them and they would suck goats milk from his nipples if they could.

this is too funny I just ordered the 'ebook' two days ago and I thought I was the only one who thought it's bs. I live in il by chicago where in the hell am I gonna find a farm that has goats and how am I gonna approach the farmer and tell him I 'want unpaisturized goat milk for animal purposes?' give me a break and then you have to make yogurt with it and put some other salts or something to mix in it. on top of all that he lists like 30 different vitamins to take like who's gonna do that? I can see some sense in this book but for the modern day person all this is just not practical. So I've decided I am not gonna stalk any farmers for some goat milk I did a search online for goat's milkand found something by garden of life-it's powdered goat milk for like 30 bucks so I might get that I dunno. I know one thing's for sure I'm getting my 40$ dolars back, paying 40$ just to learn about goat's milk is not worth it.

Reading some of your reactions to Leo's book has disappointed me.

Some people haven't even tried it and are rubbishing it already!

Let me tell you I am 20 years old and started getting acne when I was 12. As you can imagine my teen years have been decimated and been complete shit.

Anyway to cut a long story short I found Leo and his book when I was 16, a time when I was at a really low point. Can you imagine I didn't have a credit card to purchase the book and I was so confused and desperate about finding a solution, so I shot an email to Leo in the hope that he would have pity on me and send me the e-book free and what happens? low and behold he emails me a copy free!

In the following months I sent him many emails, most of them repetitive and most already answered in the e-book. However he was very helpful and replied to everything! He was so patient with me even though I took the piss.

Anyway since then he’s updated his book, so since I had got a little older and after noticing huge improvements with my acne following his protocols on bowel cleansing and liver cleansing, I decided I wanted to put something back into his research as well as a thank you, so purchased the new version.

I can tell you from experience his information is invaluable. He has completely given me a life since the age of 17 to this day. I really don’t know where I would have got such accurate and detailed information that actually worked.

His methods work because quite simply he experienced it and he went through his own battle with acne which led to a chain of events that led to him piecing the “acne puzzle� together. So like he says "listen to people with experience not people who think they know how to do something".

Anyhow I just wanted to reply to this thread because I wanted to show my support for a guy who has done so much for me and felt I couldn’t stand by and listen to people slag him off.

Currently he is working on a very big research project. He hinted he "wants to see the world free of disease" and that "people should live much longer than the average life expectancy" so I believe he is doing some work along those lines. And he is dead right, in fact his acne program goes a long way of getting a person back to his/her peak health.

So all I’ll say is before criticizing and judging something try it first. If not then you are just one of those people who moans, moans and moans without actually doing anything and putting the effort in. You want instant results. So you actually feel years of abusing your body will be fixed in one day. As they say acne sufferers wants results like yesterday.....and I can so so relate to that.

I think I have gone on quite a bit, so gonna wrap it up, for those who wanna help themselves all I can say is get his program, and if all you can do for now is liver purges do them, they made a huge difference for me and gave me the encouragement to go on. C ya

Only those that attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible

I'd like a copy of this book for the sole purpose of the info in it, I hear it's impractical due to the costs of what he wants you to do, but if I had the money, I'd do it. So if anyone it generous enough to send me a copy, It would be very helpful.

There's nothing in this book that you can't get for free on this board, I guarantee you that.

But if you really wanna read it, get it off #bookz.

After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.

Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:

-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.

-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.

-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)

-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.

-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.

-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.

-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.