Photo

Leo's Last solution

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 coLe

coLe

coLe thoMas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:14 AM

Wow I just ordered Leo's book off of his site. Does anyone else think this is the most frustrating thing they have ever read? I just wasted $40 to find out I need to drink Raw f**king goat's milk. I can't believe how stressed I am today, what a lousy morning. So back to the "YOUR LAST ACNE SOLUTION" , has anyone tried it and is it really worth all the time and money, and more importantly THE MONEY, he expects ppl, college students, to dish out all this money on goats milk, tons and tons of supplements, and all the other bullsh*t he writes about. Sure let me order all the books he reccomends as well hmmmm.... What he says makes sense with liver function and hormones, but good lord I can only do so much... Yeah so I have an appointment tomorow with my derm, accutane is soundin a hell of a lot better then goats milk.

#2 cynic

cynic

without you i'm nothing

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:56 AM

Don't believe everything you read.

Especially if it has cliches like 'Your Last Solution' and/or 'Ultimate Cure' in it.

#3 coLe

coLe

coLe thoMas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2004 - 12:01 PM

Yeah no doubt, and I posted in their forums, and they are all reallllly biased. Leo is god to them and they would suck goats milk from his nipples if they could.

#4 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2004 - 01:35 PM

i just actually ordered this book today, but i havent gotten to download it because my computer crashed *sigh*.. but anyways, from the few tidbits ive gotten from his book, it is really good. it covers all aspects that need to be dealt with. it is very extensive. goats milk is AMAZING for healing the gut lining. and i would think anyone who has acne needs their gut lining to be healed. (most people who suffer from acne have a condition called 'leaky gut') leaky gut is tiny tears in the gut lining that allow food particles into the blood stream, which can cause an inflammatory reaction (acne) but goats milk heals this up. just curious, since i havent gotten to read it yet, when he says he wants u to drink raw goats milk, does he mean the unpastuerized kind you can get at organic grocery stores? or does he mean get the stuff directly from the goat..lol

#5 Sludge

Sludge

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:54 PM

coLe, he will give you your money back if you ask for it. I ordered it, decided it was junk, and got my money back through his guarantee system. I think all I paid for was a stamp to request the refund (it was some kind of weird system where you actually had to mail the refund request in, but it was on the up and up).

Recently I found a combination of topicals that have been really effective for me. My oily skin is both a blessing and a curse, curse: acne, blessing: it seems to make me practically invulnerable to dryness/irritation. My current regimen involves salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and alpha hydroxy acid; I can only suggest this regimen for those with fairly tough skin. I have never been so clear (I am 23). Anyway, I don't want to go into too many details about it here since this is the diet section of the boards, I intend to post details of my regimen soon in the "My regimen" area; let me know if you are interested. In my experience over the last few years I have found that topicals are the only thing that really work, that and some prescriptions. All of that diet stuff, doesn't seem to do a thing.

#6 Makaveli

Makaveli

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2004 - 06:18 PM

Try not to be scammed out of your hard earned money.. This is really no different than those ab-tronic things and the million of other infomercials you see on TV.. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

#7 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2004 - 06:59 PM

It's a shame you couldnt' have gotten it for $20 like I did. Granted that was 2 years ago, but just this past Fall, it was still $20. It's a good book, but not everyone has to do ALL of that to get clear. Plus he leaves a few things out that others have used to get clear and I doubt he's added that in there. The good thing is that he finally figured out that androgens and diet play a role.

#8 coLe

coLe

coLe thoMas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:37 PM

sweetjade, since I paid the full $40 is there anyway you could let me in on what you know so I at least feel I got SOMETHING out of this. bb_wink.gif I have just had a pretty shitty day, skin is not looking good, and I am overall in a pretty depressed sort of mood. I read the book and it mentions hormones, but I dont recall reading about androgens, and his diet is crazy, and there is no way I can afford to pay for all his supplements. Anyways, jade if you could help me out it might help my day rebound... bb_eusa_wall.gif

#9 coLe

coLe

coLe thoMas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:42 PM

sorry forgot to answer caroline's question, he wants you to hunt down unpasteurized goats milk through a local farmer, I happen to go to college so I don't have this luxury. Then you have to make the kiefer stuff from it, which that in itself is absurd, last time I checked dorm rooms aren't for making dairy products... bb_eusa_naughty.gif

#10 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:22 AM

i think ill probably buy it from the organic grocery store (although i live in the country, im sure i could find it here haha ) i think at whole foods u can get kefir from goats milk, so i think we can meet in the middle.. because i think hunting down a goat for its milk is a little overboard lol

#11 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:23 AM

ohh an just out of curiosity, do you ever get a real book? a hard back one? or is it just the downloaded one off the net?

#12 coLe

coLe

coLe thoMas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:58 PM

Well shit, I have really done it this time, I got caught in a field by a farmer. I almost made way with two buckets of fresh squeezed goats milk! He made me drink both the buckets in front of him. He stood there grinning with his pitchfork as I chugged both buckets clean of the sour mucus looking milk. When I finished off the milk he ushered me into his house where I waited for the police to get there. While we waited we made with some small talk, he asked why I would steal his liquid gold. I replied, "Leo Kiessen's diet calls for it, I saw your goats from the road so I figured I'd give it a try..."
He cut me off and said, "Ohhhhh Leo's diet, you fell for that bullshit too? Heck, he's got it all wrong, what you need is camel's milk." He still pressed charges and now I am posting this message from the State Penetentary, and yes the stress has caused breakouts.

I kid,
coLe bb_eusa_whistle.gif

#13 mich

mich

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:12 PM

bb_lol.gif

Camels milk aye!!

#14 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:07 PM

oh heavens bb_icon_rolleyes.gif See what happens?

He he anyway, no you don't get an actual book, all you get is this over 200page E book. I still heaven't read through it all, but I went back to it a couple of months ago and read more of it and realized that I could have saved myself several hours of research had I just finised reading his book. The stuff he has would take you several hundred hours to obtain, confirm,etc. So I understand why he charges, but I don't believe it should be THAT much.

If he hasn't mentioned androgens & diet, then his updated website gave me that false impression. Although he did mention androgens to some extent when he mentioned Beta-Sitosterol (thanks leo). Does he talk about the role insulin plays?

#15 coLe

coLe

coLe thoMas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:11 PM

He mentions insulin production during puberty and how it can affect the liver and acne. I wish someone would read through all of it for me and let me in on the highlights that work. Heh I can dream..... and also be lazy at the same time bb_icon_cool.gif

#16 sadcaroline

sadcaroline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:18 PM

smile.gif im gonna read through all of it this weekend, id be happy to make an outline of the most important issues.. because im gonna try probably everything he suggests smile.gif

#17 coLe

coLe

coLe thoMas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:30 PM

Caroline, if you outline it, it would be very cool if you could hook up a copy of your outline. Don't get me wrong I have read the majority of the book, but I think it would just be handy to have as a guide. I am not quite sure how much of it I willl follow, but I'm sure there are some useful little nuggets somewhere in all that madness. smile.gif Let me know what works for you, I am definetly interested in what you find out.

On a side note I went to their forums again and there are ppl on is treatment plan and they said it's been a year since they started with llittle success, but remain optimistic for the results they are looking for. Seems odd to me, but hey to each their own.

mmmm cliffnotes,

coLe

#18 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:39 PM

Cole,
Thanks it's interesting that he still hasn't connected the fact that insulin production boosts androgen production. His diet isn't the main focus, is it? He mainly pushes for detoxing & cleansing and mentions how you should go about eating certain food for proper metabolism, right?

#19 coLe

coLe

coLe thoMas

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:47 PM

Well, I think he definetly pushes for the cleansing processes, but at the same time the main thing I get from his babbling is supplementation and EFA's. I mean I agree supplementing EFA's can only help your body, but they only do so much. As for diet, I dont think he stresses it as a big factor for acne, which I agree with, but however if you were to go by his suggestions you can't eat very much. What do you think about insulin and how it is affected by food? Do you think there is a link between what we eat and insulin? I mean I have heard all the refined sugars, carbs, and all that hooplah. I am interested in what your views are on insulin production. Also on a side note how is your complextion? You seem to be quite knowledgable. I'd like to hear what you have to say about all this.

coLe

#20 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:40 PM

CoLe

Well, I think he definetly pushes for the cleansing processes, but at the same time the main thing I get from his babbling is supplementation and EFA's. I mean I agree supplementing EFA's can only help your body, but they only do so much.

Indeed I am of the same mind. Similar to what Denise says, if there is something very wrong with your liver, supplements will only take you so far before they cease to work, if they effective at all.

I bought Leos book to see what he had to say about diet and supplements and at the time, I was already taking Avandia and Spironolactone and I still wasn't clear. After I read most of his book, I was thinking I would have to spend about $300 a month just so I could take 30 - 40 pills to get me clear. I couldn't afford that, so 2 summers ago, I took the plunge...

As for diet, I dont think he stresses it as a big factor for acne, which I agree with, but however if you were to go by his suggestions you can't eat very much. What do you think about insulin and how it is affected by food? Do you think there is a link between what we eat and insulin? I mean I have heard all the refined sugars, carbs, and all that hooplah. I am interested in what your views are on insulin production.

Hmm...from what I recall, he suggests that you stay away from all dairy, trans fats, and added sugar. He’s of the same belief of Sadcaroline and many others about not drinking while eating. Otherwise he lets you eat anything else, according to it’s natural season, as long as it has been sprouted or fermented (& is organic) right?

Perhaps he has updated it since then. Does his version of the Hypoglycemic Index only discuss its production of fats? What food categories does he tell you not to eat now?

I agree with the majority of what his book says, but there’s some areas that aren’t thorough enough and hopefully he’s improved in that respect. As for what I think about Insulin and it’s role, well some people here may think that I’m the “poster child� for the Insulin-Androgen-Acne connection. http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=26936

Also on a side note how is your complextion? You seem to be quite knowledgable. I'd like to hear what you have to say about all this.

My complexion is currently 99% clear, less oil, and the smallest pores I’ve ever known. I know what I need to avoid or eat more of, but it’s not always feasible. As such, I’m looking into other supplements to see if it’s possible that I can kick this last 1% that way. In the mean time, I am still working on making my diet healthier, but I also believe that for some people symptoms can be so stubborn that they may need Detox/Cleansings/Flushes, Supplements, and/or possibly even a Prescription to help overcome ALL of their symptoms. Although, I’ve met and worked with many people on these boards that have eliminated similar, or more foods than I, and achieved 100% clear skin; so I don’t doubt that it is possible through diet alone.

Bye for now ;-)