Photo

White stuff comes out of almost ALL of my pores!!

aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 strwberry2178

strwberry2178

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

Okay...so I know this is a BIG no-no...but let's look beyond that and just focus on my problem haha. When I squeeze any pore on my forehead...white pimple stuff comes out EVERYTIME. I have no idea why. It's also like that on the sides of my nose..and on my chin sometimes. But literally every pore on my forehead is filled with white stuff. They aren't whiteheads...because they don't come to a head...it's just that my pores are full of white pimple like stuff. Does anyone have any idea why this occurs and how to stop it?! I use benzaclin on my face in the morning and a moisturizer on my face at night too...and my pores are HUGE.

#2 NeverPaysAttention

NeverPaysAttention

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

I would say close the pores by using maybe a BP gel over the affected areas or add a toner into your regimen? Never had that happen to me in my experience of acne so I'm not too sure but it makes sense lol.... If your skin isn't too sensitive use products that will dry it out a little more, don't stop moisturizing though.

#3 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (strwberry2178 @ Nov 6 2010, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay...so I know this is a BIG no-no...but let's look beyond that and just focus on my problem haha. When I squeeze any pore on my forehead...white pimple stuff comes out EVERYTIME. I have no idea why. It's also like that on the sides of my nose..and on my chin sometimes. But literally every pore on my forehead is filled with white stuff. They aren't whiteheads...because they don't come to a head...it's just that my pores are full of white pimple like stuff. Does anyone have any idea why this occurs and how to stop it?! I use benzaclin on my face in the morning and a moisturizer on my face at night too...and my pores are HUGE.

Whiteheads are closed comedones. That's what you have. Open comedones are blackheads. You need to treat with an exfoliative product like a topical retinoid, or salicylic acid, or BP can help, too, from what I have read. I'm moving this to non-inflamed acne as that's what it is.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#4 strwberry2178

strwberry2178

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

But they aren't closed. They aren't whiteheads....it's just a regular pore filled with white stuff that you can't even see. You can only see the white stuff when I squeeze the pores....otherwise it's invisible.

#5 Wynne

Wynne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (strwberry2178 @ Nov 6 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But they aren't closed. They aren't whiteheads....it's just a regular pore filled with white stuff that you can't even see. You can only see the white stuff when I squeeze the pores....otherwise it's invisible.

That is a comedone........

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=

#6 strwberry2178

strwberry2178

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

But according to TONS of sites on the internet a closed comedone is a whitehead..and these aren't whiteheads lol.

#7 Wynne

Wynne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (strwberry2178 @ Nov 6 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But according to TONS of sites on the internet a closed comedone is a whitehead..and these aren't whiteheads lol.

A closed comedone doesn't have to have a visible whitehead.

#8 DeeVoo

DeeVoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

Use an ACV toner twice a day for a month and you should see a difference.... 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar to 8 parts water.

Love Yourself and be Happy

#9 chinacat

chinacat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

It's definitely a type of comedone. They kind of sound like sebaceous filaments--google that and see if it sounds like your problem.

For me, retin a gel and beta carotene supplements helped alot with this problem. The retin a helps skin turnover cells without plugging pores and beta carotene can reduce sebum production in some people.

#10 strwberry2178

strwberry2178

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:05 AM

Yes. I think it's all definitely the sebaceous filaments. Thanks for the info.!!

#11 Sandman21

Sandman21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

I know that this will buck most opinion posted on this site, but based on my several years of experience with this problem, I can honestly say that the most helpful thing for this problem was...to squeeze them. If I leave a "hard seed" inside the pore, it will almost always turn into a full-blown whitehead. If you're careful with your fingers (or use a comedone extractor), you *can* get most of the gunk out without leading to any serious inflammation/red marks. I've never scarred from doing this. The key to success for me is doing it right after a shower, when your skin is warm and clean. Good luck.

#12 chinacat

chinacat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

If you decide to extract them, use an extractor tool that has been disinfected and make sure your hands and face are very clean.