Photo

Hey Guys.. Does Whey Protein Break You Out?

4 replies to this topic

#1 falnhart

falnhart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:15 PM

I've noticed occasional break-outs while taking certain proteins, especially NITRO-TECH Whey Protein and WORLDWIDE PURE PROTEIN bars. I've done well with EAS Precision and Optimum Nutrition Proteins. Also, do you tend to break out when exercising hard, or starting an exercise routine for the first time? I want to gain some insight on this.

#2 dermadude

dermadude

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:24 PM

Hey I been taking whey protein for about a year now and I havent broken out from it. Exercising can actually help breakout due to the fact when you workout you excrete the toxins out your pore when you sweat so just make sure you clean your face after workout and moistureize it because after you work out and wash your face you tend to dry out your skin more than you normally would... tongue.gif

#3 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 August 2004 - 03:33 AM

Hi,
Ive been weight training for some time, and i don't think it brings on any of my acne really. I get the moderate type with the odd cyst here and there which i beleive is all down to my diet.
I say the gym doesn't because i have had acne free periods for quite some time whilst training....
I havn't experimented with Wheys yet simply cause i don't have the cash to burn. But if your going to get some, try and go for the expensive brand, ensuring quality if anything. I did try soya protein, but i didn't see any gains from that crap.

If you don't mind me asking how old are you? If your in your teens then gyming may break you out.

#4 dodgy skin

dodgy skin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2004 - 03:35 AM

Try the Maximuscle line of products, they are virtually lactose free and don't taste that bad at all.

#5 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 August 2004 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (falnhart @ Aug 11 2004, 12:02 AM)
I've noticed occasional break-outs while taking certain proteins, especially NITRO-TECH Whey Protein and WORLDWIDE PURE PROTEIN bars. I've done well with EAS Precision and Optimum Nutrition Proteins. Also, do you tend to break out when exercising hard, or starting an exercise routine for the first time? I want to gain some insight on this.

The only other way to find out is to start clearing up without taking protein supps that may break you out and add it all in one at a time. Personally, depending wether your are that bothered about it or not, i would stick to eating healthy foods, lots of sleep, water, no protein supps, and bin the sugar. I would of thought that would help you clear up. From there you could find your answer i think.

Patience is my problem, but im not messing about this time considering the sh1tty breakout ive just had mad.gif

think it was those apple bars.. nasty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users