#41 Tekneeks

Tekneeks

Killer Bee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Import cars, MMA, bodybuilding, texas holdem, balling

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:32 AM

Seems like the thread has deterred from its original purpose. I for one, change my views on acne month by month. The internet has proven to provide a significant amount of information, information that can ease an individuals mind on ailments they are concerned about. Imo it has actually been an alternative route to medical consultation at times; case dependent.

To keep it short, I ended up dismissing topicals, moving to holistics views on acne and then back to the theory that topicals are necessary in the battle with acne. My final view is that a combination of holistic healing with proper topical applications prove to be quite affective.

Thumbs up to Dr. Neal
Hope to see your plan set in motion.

If acne.org feels your presence is unwanted, it's the communities loss.

Lates.

must one fail for another to pass said by a wise man watching a fool pull a mule's ass

#42 Baravykas

Baravykas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(DrNeal @ Aug 7 2007, 07:15 PM) View Post
Everyone has their own opinion on acne based on what they've seen themselves and heard from others......

was wondering.....,

Does anyone on here believe massive cystic acne can be completely resolved to 100% clearance and maintained without oral antibiotics or accutane.....?

(I'd be curious to hear any strong opinions out there......... holistic people, veterans, moderators....?)

No it can't, believe me. All those posting that it can are only bullshiting you if you really have 'massive cystic acne' as you said. I wouldn't even waste time and let your skin scar. If you have the opportunity go straight on accutane.
[sig-img:226]

#43 Jess

Jess

WILD CARD

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Bonsai sculpture, rollerblading, member of the Jacksonville Roller Derby Girls Team, origami, entrepreneurship, volunteering, non profit organizations, self-improvement, nanotechnology, genetic patents, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking Bad, Dexter, and other boss shows

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

No it can't, believe me. All those posting that it can are only bullshiting you if you really have 'massive cystic acne' as you said. I wouldn't even waste time and let your skin scar. If you have the opportunity go straight on accutane.

I agree.

#44 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

I respectfully disagree...

"As a former Acne sufferer and a Board Certified Physician, it is my mission to proove to the world, beyond any doubt, that ANY degree of Acne can be rapidly cleared and prevented without any oral medications whatsoever"

-Dr. Neal

QUOTE(Jess @ Aug 26 2007, 08:49 PM) View Post

I agree.

#45 duane

duane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(DrNeal @ Aug 26 2007, 10:38 PM) View Post

"As a former Acne sufferer and a Board Certified Physician, it is my mission to proove to the world, beyond any doubt, that ANY degree of Acne can be rapidly cleared and prevented without any oral medications whatsoever"

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

what else do you think can treat severe cystic acne as rapidly as accutane?
DKR REGIMEN

morning
dessert essence jojoba oil, purpose gentle cleansing wash, paula's choice 1% BHA gel (to unclog pores), acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, complex 15 moisturizing lotion

throughout the day as needed
alpha hydrox enhanced lotion, generic oil absorbing sheets, 200 mg ibuprofen

night
dessert essence jojoba oil, purpose gentle cleansing wash, paula's choice 1% BHA gel (to unclog pores), acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, cetaphil moisturizing cream mixed with jojoba oil

DIET

whole grains, fresh fish, fresh poultry, fresh vegetables, lots of water, low cholesterol, low salt, no red meat, no trans fats, no hydrogenated oils, no sugar, no processed grains

DAILY DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS

3000 mg whole food multi-vitamins, 1000 mg sustained release pantothenic acid, 1000 mg salmon oil (120 mg EPA, 20 mg DHA), 540 mg saw palmetto, 500 mcg chromium picolinate, 470 mg green tea extract, 400 mg turmeric extract, 300 mcg biotin, 50 mg zinc, 2 mg copper, calcium-magnesium complex

my dkr log

my diet/holistic log

resolving stubborn acne while on dan's regimen

#46 Baravykas

Baravykas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE(DrNeal @ Aug 26 2007, 08:38 PM) View Post

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

From what I've learned observing this forum for 3 years, the thing that destroys people emotionally is false hope. We're not talking about only fighting pimples here. If there wouldn't be any permanent damage from acne than it would be fine - try what you want, you will be cleared sooner or later when you'll find your cure. Actually what people find out after years and years of trying is that accutane is the only cure. I fought acne for 10 years and Im in the same boat. SCARS. Thats the thing that you won't ever be able to get rid of. And if you won't start treating your severe acne with cardinal methods that is accutane I give you at least 90% that sooner or later your face will be destroyed. I treated my moderate acne with topicals, routine and food changes etc. during that 10 year period and the only thing that I've got was scars.

Btw, Im not promoting accutane here. It has some side effects that all of us can experience. But in case of SEVERE acne I just can't see no other way.

#47 metallica1

metallica1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:58 AM

B5(10 grams/day) will work for most people. also i believe if you completely rid your system of toxins by; liver flush/enema and a VERY strict diet, anyone could be acne free, without meds.
well i wont be on here anymore, so bye all, goodluck.

#48 duane

duane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(Baravykas @ Aug 27 2007, 06:24 AM) View Post

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

From what I've learned observing this forum for 3 years, the thing that destroys people emotionally is false hope. We're not talking about only fighting pimples here. If there wouldn't be any permanent damage from acne than it would be fine - try what you want, you will be cleared sooner or later when you'll find your cure. Actually what people find out after years and years of trying is that accutane is the only cure. I fought acne for 10 years and Im in the same boat. SCARS. Thats the thing that you won't ever be able to get rid of. And if you won't start treating your severe acne with cardinal methods that is accutane I give you at least 90% that sooner or later your face will be destroyed. I treated my moderate acne with topicals, routine and food changes etc. during that 10 year period and the only thing that I've got was scars.

Btw, Im not promoting accutane here. It has some side effects that all of us can experience. But in case of SEVERE acne I just can't see no other way.

it would be remiss if i didn't say that accutane was never intended to be a long term treatment option for acne. as someone who's been on 3 courses of accutane, i feel that i have the authority to say that the best one can hope for with accutane is short term remission from acne. accutane isn't a cure for acne.
DKR REGIMEN

morning
dessert essence jojoba oil, purpose gentle cleansing wash, paula's choice 1% BHA gel (to unclog pores), acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, complex 15 moisturizing lotion

night
dessert essence jojoba oil, purpose gentle cleansing wash, paula's choice 1% BHA gel (to unclog pores), acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, cetaphil moisturizing cream mixed with jojoba oil

DIET

whole grains, fresh fish, fresh poultry, fresh vegetables, lots of water, low cholesterol, low salt, no red meat, no trans fats, no hydrogenated oils, no sugar, no processed grains

3000 mg whole food multi-vitamins, 1000 mg sustained release pantothenic acid, 1000 mg salmon oil (120 mg EPA, 20 mg DHA), 540 mg saw palmetto, 500 mcg chromium picolinate, 470 mg green tea extract, 400 mg turmeric extract, 300 mcg biotin, 50 mg zinc, 2 mg copper, calcium-magnesium complex

my dkr log

my diet/holistic log

#49 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:16 AM

I learned the same lesson about acne sufferers over years of observing and treating....( and mentioned the same importance of not tolerating false hope in my introduction here 3 months ago)

It has been made clear to me after 3 months on here, that the general consensus is that nothing can clear severe acne except accutane. Where does that leave someone with liver problems or someone like duane who is failing several courses.....? Are they just screwed......?

Not in my experience. Severe acne can be rapidly cleared and prevented without oral medications but there is no quick tip to offer (sorry duane)..... It takes a major program with a passionate and confident leader. I'm sure I'm not the only former acne sufferer / doctor who is unwilling to let anyone lose this battle....

As it is now, I would never steer anyone off accutane who has severe acne because other ways of clearing severe acne have not been proven to the world yet. And, it's very important to get with a program that one has full confidence in. I agree that waiting and hoping without a specific proven plan is not a good idea for severe acne because of the issue of deep scarring.

My mission is for a non-invasive treatment paradigm to become mainstream, thus enabling patients to enter the program with 100% confidence and rapidly find results... Until the point of total confidence has been established, accutane is still a fine option for some...

this mission is on its way...... it will take some time...... but you'll soon see....

hope some people take comfort in the new possibility for now,

-Dr. N

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

#50 duane

duane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE(duane @ Aug 27 2007, 07:38 AM) View Post

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

it would be remiss if i didn't say that accutane was never intended to be a long term treatment option for acne. as someone who's been on 3 courses of accutane, i feel that i have the authority to say that the best one can hope for with accutane is short term remission from acne. accutane isn't a cure for acne.

i want to clarify something that i said above. i believe that accutane is an appropriate treatment option for those with severe cystic acne. however, i don't want to give anyone false hope regarding what accutane can accomplish.
DKR REGIMEN

morning

night

DIET

my dkr log

my diet/holistic log

#51 Baravykas

Baravykas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(duane @ Aug 27 2007, 05:38 AM) View Post

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

Im in the same boat as you. I had 2 courses that stayed me clear for 2 years and then all the shit came back. Im not saying that its a permanent treatment, but sometimes those few clear years are all that matters.

#52 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

I strongly believe Accutane and all other pills including hormonal therapy and antibiotics for acne will be history and the derm books will be changed by 2009.

It has been my mission for two years to prove this fact. I have collected enough proof at this point.

This community should be the first to know.

Sorry to say that at this time there is no quick tip though......, it takes a real relationship with a true expert. you'll have to find a great coach in your area. If your doctor can't tell you with 100% confidence that they can fix your skin without pills, then find another who will stand behind their results. If you can't find a person like this in reasonable time, accutane is still a ok option until common practices come around....

here's some clips from the project.. (all with no oral medications whatsoever at 14 weeks and then later at 5 months)

*Moderator edit - yet another teaser post that was removed for being advertising in nature - this was another stand-alone post that mentions his products. Images removed to enable re-posting in the Neal megathread*

#53 maddy001

maddy001

Madeline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me
  • Interests:I'm currently majoring in biological sciences and minoring in Mass communication in Nanyang technological university. I'm studying this both because I have loved biology since my secondary school days and since then moved on to like microbiology and genetics but I hate biochemistry and biophysics and anything mathematical. I started taking mass communication in my sophomore year, wanted to minor in psychology but after crashing my friend's class, I realised that mass comn interests me more.<br /><br /><br />My interests include watching Television, hanging out with friends, swimming and playing tennis. I am currently into martial arts and am taking Tae Kwon Do. <br /><br />I am a christian, used to be Catholic, now Evangelist<br />I have a younger brother 5 years younger who doesn't have acne problems. I am also kinda short only 4ft11, 149cm so I dislike people who make fun of my height.

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:13 AM

I wouldn't say all cases probably most cases because very severe acne in the case of acne fulminans or acne cologbrata or maybe really severe acne vulgaris that is almost everywhere on the body.

Its good that if we can really say goodbye to pills to treat acne especially when we are not sick. We are healthy individuals, its just sad to know that we have to take medication as though as we ill when all we had was acne.
Accutane done. Started 01/06/2007 Ended 24/01/2008

My accutane log

天若无雨 地上无伞
思念西湖边 杨柳飞雪堆烟
茫茫人海 心无岸
修炼一千年 一万年也无怨
心若不安 痛能看见
泪淹没视线 化火焰烧红天
剪不断 理还乱前缘

Maddy

#54 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:48 PM

we will say goodbye to the pills...

I was referring to all cases except those associated with a high fever....

#55 pintsize7

pintsize7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 41
About Me

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE(DrNeal @ Sep 21 2007, 03:48 PM) View Post
we will say goodbye to the pills...

I was referring to all cases except those associated with a high fever....

yes its been an established fact acne is treatable thats the key word

not curable but treatable

sure u can treat severe cystic acne with out pills but u would also break out every now and then when u least expect it
How do we know whether matter comes first or consciousness comes first?
You have to figure out which way is logical.
Can matter, can dumb mud over time boot strap itself into consciousness, awareness and intelligence or not?
Can consciousness on the high end where you have the intelligence, the life, the mental action, can that transform it self in to a material world?
You can build a more internally consistent universe by starting with consciousness then with dumb mud over time boot strapping itself into a consciousness model.~ Elizabet Sahtouris

#56 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:58 PM

when a condition is not "curable" doesn't mean that it is not 100% percent treatable and 100% preventable......

ie.. never again experiencing big cysts....

this last patient hasn't had a cyst in 5 months......

#57 shavingwoes

shavingwoes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:27 PM

I'm curious to know what this project is your speaking of and what kind of treatments you believe will have the derm books changed by 2009. Would you mind posting some examples of treatment?

#58 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

sorry to be a tease.....

the project is ongoing....

the truth is that quick tips do, in fact, sometimes hurt people because the more little quick tips a person fails...., the more the failure spiral deepens..... then comes the pessimism.... and skepticism....., and depression....., then eventual acceptance of problem that mistakenly thought to be "unfixable"....

The way I do it in the project is by relinquinshing control from the patients and taking over the decision making for them..... a task that many highly read people on here would be hessitant to participate in....... which is understandable of course..... but still a shame in the long run....

it's all about the healing relationship........ the internet has left people to heal themsleves by logic, reason, and science.....
healing doesn't work by thought..... just doesn't...

#59 lovelyone_nat

lovelyone_nat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:09 PM

i dont think taht will happen. some people respond really well to "pills" i did. first i did really well on antibiotics... but since u cant take that long term... now im on "birth control"... my acne is now mild... it was severe. so im a supporter of pills.

#60 Blackholesandrevelations

Blackholesandrevelations

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

as a pharmacy student im actually quite interested in what you have to say and quite surprised at the results obtained in the photographs, it looks very promising. It would be interesting to see the images between a patient with similar severity and type of acne on oral meds compared to the patient w/o oral meds.

Im intrigued as to what you mean regarding decision making on the patients behalf?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users