acne bootcamp by dr neal

tca

389 replies to this topic

#381 excelicious

excelicious

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Running is my favorite hobby. Also yoga once in a while to "de stressify" myself. I could probably do more adventurous things if my acne was not holding me back emotionally.

Achievements

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

I had many cystic acne on my nose and it cleared by itself without using bad harsh gross disgusting acne ingredients. It disappeared one I moisturized!

#382 FreeOneDay

FreeOneDay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

I tried and boot camp in may 2011 and it was the worst decision ever. I bought the home kit mainly for my back but it did nothing at all for me except severely dry out my back. So I tried it on my face even tho I didnt really suffer from acne but just occasional breakouts and let's just say I'm still battling my fight with acne and it's been a year! With the help of erythromycin topical and glycolic acid lotion daily my skin is 90% clear but it is definitely not the same thanks to dr what's his name 😡 I just wanted to let u guys out there know that this is NOT something u want to try

#383 david n

david n

Clear since 2008, Thank you, Dr. Neal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Hi, if you go back in the conversation you can see that I'm not a fake profile--I'm even on page 11 of this thread. I was on Acne.org for a long time and tried just about everything. I was super skeptical about Dr. Neal when I first found out about him. I wanted to come back after all these years to to tell those that are suffering that after 6 months my chronic cystic acne that was ruining my life was all gone. I get a few pimples here and there like normal humans now, but Dr. Neal CHANGED MY LIFE. It is an amazing product and program if you follow his direction.

For me, my skin was so sensitive that I could ONLY USE STEP TWO of the washing routine, and then only leave it on my skin for 10 seconds. I follow that routine EVEN now when I have minor breakouts. I only buy STEP TWO and I only use it for 10 seconds (and only on the problem area--as small as it may be) and I've had normal skin for years now. (This routine came about with many email conversations with Dr. Neal and him helping me figure out how his products fit my skin needs.) I started out using the whole kit, and nothing changed, I described what was happening, and then Dr. Neal gradually started pulling me back from the products until I was only rinsing my skin and using the second step at a very minimal time frame.

For all the skeptics, at some point you just have to jump and try it. What else do you have to lose? And believe me, he gets a lot of shit because people like me never come back to the people to tell them about the success--because well, now I'm living my life, out and about, with friends, with my girlfriend and doing all the things I would never do in the past with severe cystic acne and always wearing a baseball cap or beanie to hide it.

Anyways, just wanted to comment after all these years.

Good luck too all.

Edited by david n, 13 January 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#384 Spottyfox

Spottyfox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

Unfortunately antibiotics gave me this horrendous acne ... After an acne free youth and great skin ... I had pneumonia twice and pleurisy which meant steroids and antibiotics galore ... This is when my acne appeared!! It was terrible and I tried everything ... Doctors couldn't help but diet did ( on so many levels). I followed the anti candida diet which cut out most foods but it worked , though was no fun at all !! My acne cleared !! This year I was poorly and they gave me anti biotics again ... And here we go ... Itchy red skin, boils that bleed , pimples and they relentlessly appear every day !! My friend has recently used Dr Neil's Moderate kit and her acne has gone in two weeks ..., I am desperate to try it and sadly can't afford it .... So what to do?? At least I know something out there can work though !!

#385 aeobyng

aeobyng

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

I used acne bootcamp for about 6 months, before starting I had well over 600+ tiny bumps and pimples all over my face. Within that 6 months I got down to around 80-ish bumps give or take. I would use the products as recommended, not using when too dry/ irritated/ ect.. and steamed my face before use whenever I felt my skin could handle it. The issues with these products for me, is: A) it completely removes oil from your face. You're skin NEEDS moisture and oils in order to be healthy. That's why they're there. There comes a point in the regimen where you can use the eye gel to moisturize when an area is completely clear and free of bumps, but I personally never got to that point, and when I actually started educating myself more about what your skin needs to be healthy I completely haulted using these products because they basically destroy your skin's natural Ph balance and dissipates moisture in the skin. I even began getting wrinkles around my mouth and on my forehead, I'm 18, mind you and I shouldn't be wrinkling at this age. No moisture = perfect environment for wrinkling. B) Gave me cistic acne. Never in my life had I had cistic acne; only white head bumps, but when you remove oils in your face it can cause cistic acne very easily and I found that out and I continue to have cistic acne, even 7 months after not using acne bootcamp. I believe the reason for that is one of the steps in the regime is a "pore protection" and from what I have noticed in my skin, it basically blocks your pores, so once I stopped using the products my face's natural oil came back of over produced oil because of lack of oil and so the breakouts were trapped under the skin, thus causing my cistic acne. I know for a fact that is what caused it. Not good at all. :/ I DO NOT recommend using this system unless you plan on using it forever because if it doesn't work for you or you decide to stop, the come off of this regimine is awful awful awful, at least it has been for me. Deep, cistic acne in places I'd never had it. C) some of the products have parabens and dyes. Parabens have been said to cause cancer (although it hasn't been proven) and I'd personally rather not be putting dyes/ chemicals /parabens onto my skin which in the long run I would think will do more damage than not.
Having zero oil in your skin is not healthy for it, unless of course it naturally happens as you age. As for email service I never had specific questions answered, and as everyone else has stated he copies and pastes the same thing lol, not much help at all. The fact that he would be of personal assistance was a main appeal for me to buy into this, but it turned out to not be that helpful or personal. I tried staying positve and keeping a good mindset all throughout this program but there came a point when I realized I was doing more damage to my skin than anything. I am discrediting dr.neal on some degree, I mean obviously he has supposedly helped a lot of people clear they're acne, but it definitely was not for me. If I could recommend anything to people on this forum, its not these products. I personally think sticking to organic/ natural remedies is your best bet even if it isn't as effecticve as using man-made chemicals. Having a more natural and organic skin care routine, not involving too many products, and leaving my skin alone has been the only thing to work for. Acne is so very frustrating, i know, but it's temporary for the majority of people. I try not to think about it too much and stay positive about it and not let it put in a negative mindset. somedays its hard to do that but if you consistantly work on the negative outlook of your acne, i can almost gaurentee it will improve. Everything begins in the MIND. I guess that's one thing I liked about dr.neal, he encourages you to not be depressed/ anxietal about your acne. But still, i don't recommend the products lmao more damage done to my skin than good. This has been a review.

#386 Member253

Member253

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

I've been on the program for a few months and haven't had any issues getting the personal assistance that Dr. Neal advertises. I started the program with about 700 bumps and am down to somewhere in the 90's now. He emails and responds to all my questions, will respond to emails outside of the regular checklist, and is available to take calls even on off hours. ALWAYS, or he'll come back. As for the texture of your skin on these products, you need to figure out a balance that works well for you, it's all about balance. This is an online practice, so you just need to be articulate in what your problem is and make sure that the solution works for you. If not, or if you think you're getting worse, or getting more cysts, talk to Dr. Neal. 

You'll get relapse stopping any kind of treatment for acne unless you're able to properly maintain your skin. That's the sad reality. If you're prone for whatever reason, you're prone and just need to try to stay ahead. It's not fun, but unfortunately, that's life. BUT, if you manage to stay ahead and find a good regimen that's not too time consuming, you'll be way ahead and hopefully beat the relapse before it comes, OR at first signs, talk to Dr. Neal or anyone you trust and figure out a new plan. 

The bottom line is that yeah, having acne is NOT fun and it takes a lot of determination and patience to beat, but Dr. Neal really is a one-of-a-kind resource. Although, he himself says, even if you don't use him, don't think you need to give up. Remember that and try not to give up. I'd say to give him another try, but that's up to you.

#387 Harriet 11

Harriet 11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

I tried acne boot camp and paid over $300 for a moderate acne kit. The kit had no ingredients listed and the labels and pamphlets were printed from an ink jet printer. The kit completely dried out my skin like I've never seen. Although Dr. Neal responded to my questions, he wasn't helpful, and he didn't seem like a doctor at all. I stopped using the kit and threw out the kit.

#388 Cait654

Cait654

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

Hi, I just thought I'd post my experience of acne boot camp.

After struggling with acne and not seeing the desired results from the solutions that the dermatologist gave me, I decided to look elsewhere.
Being lured in by this "miracle cure" and seeing the incredible results, I thought that my skin problems would be behind me.
I ordered the home starter kit in January 2013 and followed the regime religiously. A vital part of this routine was not moisturising, although to my knowledge, oily skin is caused by the skin not having enough moisture to begin with.
I contacted Dr Neal about this and he told me that I was to persevere and I would see the results.
As the weeks went by, my skin got worse and worse. The blemishes were red and angry looking, my skin was dry and I was getting acne in areas of my face that had always been clear before. I couldn't even look in the mirror, let alone take part in the uploading of "progress" pictures to his website. So, a couple of months after purchasing this product, I stopped it completely. My skin was terrible at this point, I didn't want to leave the house, worst of all, I was made to believe it was my fault for my skin getting to that stage.

It has taken me a year, but I'm finally getting my skin under control. This is purely thanks to using completely natural products- products that I originally started using to give my skin a break from the harsh chemicals that were used on it during my time on acne boot camp. The brand I use is called Simple(I live in the UK) but homemade face masks have really made a difference too!

I still have really bad scarring from acne boot camp so my skin will never be completely normal but I'm just glad I stopped using it when I did.

#389 ruhcika

ruhcika

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

hey  i really need your help.

i got 2 pimples in my cheek and i got sad and tried to check online. i found toothpaste is the easy one i applied it on my pimples let it keep for overnight. when i woke up in the morning it was really red. i got scared i didn't know what to do. again i checked on the internet and i found benzoyl peroxide i went CVS and bought it. according to instruction i used it on my pimples. now pimples is gone but i have really big scar and it seemed to be burn.its red myhey guys i really need your help.  i got 2 pimples in my cheek and i got sad and tried to check online. i found toothpaste is the easy one i applied it on my pimples let it keep for overnight. when i woke up in the morning it was really red. i got scared i didn't know what to do. again i checked on the internet and i found benzoyl peroxide i went CVS and bought it. according to instruction i used it on my pimples. now pimples is gone but i have really big scar and it seemed to be burn.

now i dont understand what to do? should i keep on using benzoyl peroxide or stop it. it seems so bad i cant go out and in the day time i am using concealer to cover this big scar. please help me what i should do?  thank you!

#390 khaldoun

khaldoun

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Hi Everyone

It seems to me that acne is one of the least understood skin conditions and there are many opinions and products that are intended for acne.  We have been battling acne for 10 years and have been through the proactives and accutanes and herbals and diet regimens  so we understand your frustrations and anger.  However I am dissapointed that these emotions have become a tool to verbally degrade acne bootcamp and its products.   There are many factors to consider such as have you followed Dr Neal program exactly ?  took all the pictures and answered the bootcamp questions everynight? I know this can be time consuming and little bit of work because we also are a very busy couple with a home and responsibiities and dont even have time to take a break and watch a tv show at night to relax.  However please be sure that the time invested to take the pics and log on to bootcamp every night will be worth it !!!!!  We understand your confusion and frustrations because have been in your situation before and wished that we came across Dr Neal at that time.  Please revaluate your experience with the program and honestly ask yourself if you followed the procedures correctly and if you reached out to Dr Neal for assistance when you felt unsure or discouraged?  Honesty to yourself and to the program will determine your success.  We just ordered $300 worth of refills which will last many months (and are currently under financial stress due to medical leave from work and low income but because its been working so well and we want to continue the progress, we didnt mind purchasing.  This next point is for the lovely Cait654 :  I dont think its claimed as a miracle cure but it is claimed as a product that will improve your skin as long as you follow the program exactly.   The only miracles are through God and faith.  I am speaking from experience with more serious medical condition.  As with everything in life, dedication, hard work,  focus on the correct procedures, consistency and faith will determine your success.  Whether its fitness, martial arts, ..etc. 

Try and let go of the anger and blame to the bootcamp and to yourself for "getting to that stage".   Your emotional inside also affects your physical outside.  I can speak with you more directly if you like and will leave you my email so you can contact me because I would not want to sit back and let you quit something that has worked and proven itself.  My email is khala07@hotmail.com.     Please for everyone dont email me with silly things, I am putting this out there to help you and answer questions that will help you.  Please use with respect dignity.  And eventually if we communicate, I will speak with you by phone to help if I can.  Because it would have been nice for us if we could have had someone to turn to during those frustrating years.  I am very happy to have found Dr Neal.

Please be in touch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users