Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acne bootcamp by dr neal

390 posts in this topic

I respectfully disagree...

"As a former Acne sufferer and a Board Certified Physician, it is my mission to proove to the world, beyond any doubt, that ANY degree of Acne can be rapidly cleared and prevented without any oral medications whatsoever"

-Dr. Neal

No it can't, believe me. All those posting that it can are only bullshiting you if you really have 'massive cystic acne' as you said. I wouldn't even waste time and let your skin scar. If you have the opportunity go straight on accutane.

I agree.

From what I've learned observing this forum for 3 years, the thing that destroys people emotionally is false hope. We're not talking about only fighting pimples here. If there wouldn't be any permanent damage from acne than it would be fine - try what you want, you will be cleared sooner or later when you'll find your cure. Actually what people find out after years and years of trying is that accutane is the only cure. I fought acne for 10 years and Im in the same boat. SCARS. Thats the thing that you won't ever be able to get rid of. And if you won't start treating your severe acne with cardinal methods that is accutane I give you at least 90% that sooner or later your face will be destroyed. I treated my moderate acne with topicals, routine and food changes etc. during that 10 year period and the only thing that I've got was scars.

Btw, Im not promoting accutane here. It has some side effects that all of us can experience. But in case of SEVERE acne I just can't see no other way.

it would be remiss if i didn't say that accutane was never intended to be a long term treatment option for acne. as someone who's been on 3 courses of accutane, i feel that i have the authority to say that the best one can hope for with accutane is short term remission from acne. accutane isn't a cure for acne.

Im in the same boat as you. I had 2 courses that stayed me clear for 2 years and then all the shit came back. Im not saying that its a permanent treatment, but sometimes those few clear years are all that matters.

[sig-img:226]

I strongly believe Accutane and all other pills including hormonal therapy and antibiotics for acne will be history and the derm books will be changed by 2009.

It has been my mission for two years to prove this fact. I have collected enough proof at this point.

This community should be the first to know.

Sorry to say that at this time there is no quick tip though......, it takes a real relationship with a true expert. you'll have to find a great coach in your area. If your doctor can't tell you with 100% confidence that they can fix your skin without pills, then find another who will stand behind their results. If you can't find a person like this in reasonable time, accutane is still a ok option until common practices come around....

here's some clips from the project.. (all with no oral medications whatsoever at 14 weeks and then later at 5 months)

*Moderator edit - yet another teaser post that was removed for being advertising in nature - this was another stand-alone post that mentions his products. Images removed to enable re-posting in the Neal megathread*

I wouldn't say all cases probably most cases because very severe acne in the case of acne fulminans or acne cologbrata or maybe really severe acne vulgaris that is almost everywhere on the body.

Its good that if we can really say goodbye to pills to treat acne especially when we are not sick. We are healthy individuals, its just sad to know that we have to take medication as though as we ill when all we had was acne.

Accutane done. Started 01/06/2007 Ended 24/01/2008

My accutane log

天若无雨 地上无伞

æ€å¿µè¥¿æ¹–è¾¹ æ¨æŸ³é£žé›ªå †çƒŸ

茫茫人海 心无岸

修炼一åƒå¹´ 一万年也无怨

心若ä¸å®‰ 痛能看è§

泪淹没视线 化ç«ç„°çƒ§çº¢å¤©

剪ä¸æ–­ ç†è¿˜ä¹±å‰ç¼˜

Maddy

we will say goodbye to the pills...

I was referring to all cases except those associated with a high fever....

we will say goodbye to the pills...

I was referring to all cases except those associated with a high fever....

yes its been an established fact acne is treatable thats the key word

not curable but treatable

sure u can treat severe cystic acne with out pills but u would also break out every now and then when u least expect it

How do we know whether matter comes first or consciousness comes first?

You have to figure out which way is logical.

Can matter, can dumb mud over time boot strap itself into consciousness, awareness and intelligence or not?

Can consciousness on the high end where you have the intelligence, the life, the mental action, can that transform it self in to a material world?

You can build a more internally consistent universe by starting with consciousness then with dumb mud over time boot strapping itself into a consciousness model.~ Elizabet Sahtouris

when a condition is not "curable" doesn't mean that it is not 100% percent treatable and 100% preventable......

ie.. never again experiencing big cysts....

this last patient hasn't had a cyst in 5 months......

I'm curious to know what this project is your speaking of and what kind of treatments you believe will have the derm books changed by 2009. Would you mind posting some examples of treatment?

sorry to be a tease.....

the project is ongoing....

the truth is that quick tips do, in fact, sometimes hurt people because the more little quick tips a person fails...., the more the failure spiral deepens..... then comes the pessimism.... and skepticism....., and depression....., then eventual acceptance of problem that mistakenly thought to be "unfixable"....

The way I do it in the project is by relinquinshing control from the patients and taking over the decision making for them..... a task that many highly read people on here would be hessitant to participate in....... which is understandable of course..... but still a shame in the long run....

it's all about the healing relationship........ the internet has left people to heal themsleves by logic, reason, and science.....

healing doesn't work by thought..... just doesn't...

i dont think taht will happen. some people respond really well to "pills" i did. first i did really well on antibiotics... but since u cant take that long term... now im on "birth control"... my acne is now mild... it was severe. so im a supporter of pills.

as a pharmacy student im actually quite interested in what you have to say and quite surprised at the results obtained in the photographs, it looks very promising. It would be interesting to see the images between a patient with similar severity and type of acne on oral meds compared to the patient w/o oral meds.

Im intrigued as to what you mean regarding decision making on the patients behalf?

Do you have an estimate as to when your research will be completed? (Not to mention how long the publishing process takes . . . ) To spur the writing of new editions of all those dermatology texts by 2009, it better be soon. ;)

I know you may not find it ethical to answer these questions, but I thought I'd try, since I'm not asking for specific advice. No answers you give will motivate me to run into the bathroom and play doctor on my face resulting in subsequent failure and/or irreparable tissue damage. I promise. :angel: :

So, as I understand it, the core of the treatment plan is establishing enough trust between patient and physician that the patient will completely reliquish their autonomy to the physician.

Is this trust and the physiological fall out from the emotion involved in it what replaces the pill?

Are topicals still needed to kill P. acnes and clear pores? Or is the more hormonal reaction created by the patient's emotional state potent enough to alleviate the need for external treatment, too?

Or do you utilize existing topicals?

Or do you use a novel topical medication?

Or is this all much simpler and a matter of patient compliance? If patients really did exactly what their doctors told them, there'd be no need for measures as extreme as pills.

Are there protocol to help acne sufferers who, for psychological/psychiatric reasons, are incapable of forming the necessary bond with the physician?

Will your DVDs be available via mass market advertising, like infomercials?

Or will they be, more likely, available in doctor's offices?

Sorry, I ask too many questions. :redface: You should try being my dental hygienist.

didn't spam, didn't put anyone down, hoped not to offend, didn't break any rules....,

why was it deleted....? have I offended people with my strongly held opinions on this subject......?

*Moderator edit - post titled "My topic got deleted...., ?" made completely visible, including advertising portion and merged with new Neal Mega Thread*

Maybe if you gave what university or research institution you're affliated with? And if there's anything on the web we can look up to get a better idea of what you're researching? Or give a mod your license number, so they could stick something official next to your name? That'd add to your credibility. If people knew you were a bonified physician, your arguments would hold even more weight.

Without that information, you could just be some guy building up to a sell or a troll.

^That's my opinion on how to better champion your cause. Since I'm not a mod, I have no idea why your post was deleted.

hey turbosquab..,

you could be right....

still no reason to delete it.... Like many others on this site, I really don't care to devulge personal information at this time.

If you think I'm building to a sell...... you would be right since I have devulged that twice on the boards and got snubbed trying to give out free samples last month.....

(on a site which draws people in with the specific word "unbiased", you will only be offered free samples from one source...)

that was last month....

This time however, I was simply showing some optimistic results and got deleted...... (seems a little fishy...)

still no reason to delete it.... Like many others on this site, I really don't care to devulge personal information at this time.

Me, neither . . .

Totally playing devil's advocate here, k? . . . but, I don't claim to be anybody important (doctor, president, pope, etc.). I don't know if I would even if I was, since I'd have to sacrifice some of my anonymity in order to gain the respect that position would allow me.

got snubbed trying to give out free samples last month.....

Oh, wow. I missed that. What were your samples of?

(on a site which draws people in with the specific word "unbiased", you will only be offered free samples from one source...)

There are DKR samples somewhere? I've been really wanting to try the moisturizer, but don't want to buy a huge bottle if it'll just burn my face off . . .

I have enough product samples to sample almost every active member on here with some really cool products.....

everything from a moisturizing solution for acne prone skin, spf for acne prone skin, real gentle masks, etc..... got quickly put down when I offered them up to the people..... the moderators were trying to protect everyone from getting a razor blade in their candy apple... seems biased to me, but whatev...

Dan gives out 30 or so free samples every time he wants to try a new product..... there will be more coming I'm sure.....

Me, neither . . .

Totally playing devil's advocate here, k? . . . but, I don't claim to be anybody important (doctor, president, pope, etc.). I don't know if I would even if I was, since I'd have to sacrifice some of my anonymity in order to gain the respect that position would allow me.

got snubbed trying to give out free samples last month.....

...If you think I'm building to a sell...... you would be right since I have devulged that twice on the boards and got snubbed trying to give out free samples last month.....

(on a site which draws people in with the specific word "unbiased", you will only be offered free samples from one source...)...

You and Dan have conversed back in August about your marketing and offering of free samples.

As far as I know, nothing has changed.

Thanks for your understanding. Topic closed.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

not about free samples.....

you'll have to read closer.....

*Moderator edit - stand alone post titled "read closely before locking topics....., this topic is about a different post being deleted....." Merged with existing Neal Megathread on 9/10/09*

not about free samples.....

you'll have to read closer.....

Read closely. Stop re-opening posts about deleted topics.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

I subscribe to an acne youtube channel, and just saw this video,.........OMG...!!

it's crazy..... uplifting as hell......

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

*Moderator edit - this was a standalone post posted by this member who proved to be a duplicate account of a formerly banned member, thus violating two board rules at once: No advertising and also No duplicate accounts*

Evidence proves this to be a duplicate account of a banned member.

OMG! I'm a skeptical....but wow! I was just browsing through their website, they have pictures and videos there too....hmmmmm...... :eh::eh::think:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win--Mahatma Ghandi"

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win--Mahatma Ghandi"

Remember people, although amazing, these are temporary solutions. I guess if you have the money to shell out you can continue to do these treatments but my guess and from personal experience with plastic surgeons I'd say the cost for this is upwards of $1000 or more for 5+ treatments. Acne starts from the inside.