Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrNeal

acne bootcamp by dr neal

390 posts in this topic

...To reapply my example to stress, I'm very suspicious (to the point of causing stress?) when asked to do things without explanation. If I hear how stress works physiologically and then hear how my cognitive and/or behavorial coping skills translate into a physiological reaction to reduce stress, I'm much more likely to trust, and therefore use, said coping skills. I don't think I'm alone, especially not on this message board.

If my therapist goes through all the trouble of explaining, simply, the current thought on how my body and mind are interacting during whatever situation we're talking about, that information can't be all that detrimental to my psyche . . .

I also hate the feeling of disempowerment I get when told to be a good girl and do what I'm told sans questions or argument. It's quite sandpaper-esque.

Yep. The attitude that "I know best so I shan't even bother explaining it to you" bothers me so much. I always explain WHY to my patients as it helps them be more compliant. Sometimes they won't be, but then that's not my problem, it is their choice (and I do tell them that!).

...the system is headed for a change in this field....... in the meantime...., wynne is going to stay busy.... ;)

Yes, I enjoy trying to help people and maintain their confidence even through treatment failures. I do not understand why you do not offer more advice yourself.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

hey guys..,

Some of you know that I run a large acne practice with a very high success rate without using oral medications....

For about 2 years now, I've been using a perfect sunscreen and nutrient enriched light moisturizer, both specifically designed for acne prone skin. My patients love the effects and overall feel of both products...

I was thinking sometime in september I would have time to send out a bunch of free samples to anyone who wants to try a nice formulation that has been well acccepted by many other patients...

was wondering if you guys would be interested in trying these products.......?

(of course..., I'm still assuming this site is unbiased and retains its original mission to find great accessible products that can help all those who are still suffering...)

Let me know what you think of this possibility...,

-Dr. Neal

*Moderator edit - a standalone post that violated the board rules. Made visible and merged with Neal Mega Thread 9/10/09*

I hear your point clearly.......

There is a strange stress releiving placebo-esque effect to letting go of control and empowerment and simply allowing yourself to be completely coached and paternalized...... It's a nice phenomena that requires a deep trust in your coach.....

I can tell that people on these boards have been burned by enough doctors to not easily allow for this type of relationship.... it a shame, because it posesses great power.....

knowledge as power is a well known cliche that applies to many aspects of life....

I'm offering a situation where that rule does not always apply........ stay open to a new idea here.....

as stated, when it come to stress....., knowledge of the function or chemistry of stress does nothing for a patient....

It's only in the taking part in stress reducing activities, that stress can be reduced......

over-intelligence has side effects.............(i.e. stress)...... people on here could benefit from a little more physical intelligence and awareness rather than only western scientific understanding.......(especially in regards to the important topic of stress....)

To reapply my example to stress, I'm very suspicious (to the point of causing stress?) when asked to do things without explanation. If I hear how stress works physiologically and then hear how my cognitive and/or behavorial coping skills translate into a physiological reaction to reduce stress, I'm much more likely to trust, and therefore use, said coping skills. I don't think I'm alone, especially not on this message board.

If my therapist goes through all the trouble of explaining, simply, the current thought on how my body and mind are interacting during whatever situation we're talking about, that information can't be all that detrimental to my psyche . . .

I also hate the feeling of disempowerment I get when told to be a good girl and do what I'm told sans questions or argument. It's quite sandpaper-esque.

unfortunately, I'm not allowed...

If I start working tips and ideas for someone who really has, for example, an adrenal tumor causing acne, I have committed medical negligence and the license I worked like an animal to achieve for over 12 years can be taken from me....

hope that explains a little from my perspective....

...To reapply my example to stress, I'm very suspicious (to the point of causing stress?) when asked to do things without explanation. If I hear how stress works physiologically and then hear how my cognitive and/or behavorial coping skills translate into a physiological reaction to reduce stress, I'm much more likely to trust, and therefore use, said coping skills. I don't think I'm alone, especially not on this message board.

Yep. The attitude that "I know best so I shan't even bother explaining it to you" bothers me so much. I always explain WHY to my patients as it helps them be more compliant. Sometimes they won't be, but then that's not my problem, it is their choice (and I do tell them that!).

...the system is headed for a change in this field....... in the meantime...., wynne is going to stay busy.... ;)

There is a strange stress releiving placebo-esque effect to letting go of control and empowerment and simply allowing yourself to be completely coached and paternalized...... It's a nice phenomena that requires a deep trust in your coach.....

I can tell that people on these boards have been burned by enough doctors to not easily allow for this type of relationship.... it a shame, because it posesses great power.....

I can see where you're coming from. For example, it's one of the most comforting concepts in Christianity. You give your burden to someone else (who can better bear it) and you're free. This helps many people . . .

I just don't see doctors as any more than very, very educated people, no better than me. I also cherish my autonomy and won't willingly give it up. So, I'll stick to my other hard learned coping skills . . .

A lot of people would agree with you on your view of doctors...., not as healers....., only as resources.....

The majority of doctors probably don't know anything about healing which is why western medicine is so statistically weak at "curing" chronic conditions....

Acne viewed as a disease sets up an intellectualized failure...., but viewed as a chronic condition, it can be fully healed..... hence the need for the doctor / patient relationship taking precedence over reading ingredients on the back of a tube....

I've read a lot of posts on here in the past few months that read "what are we doing wrong?" referring to the group of people endlessly on this site..... Maybe one of the answers to that question lies in the conversation you and I are having here....

this group doesn't see doctors as healers...( for good reason), and therefore has no one to give their burden to....... thus never getting a chance to be momentarily free....

I can see where you're coming from. For example, it's one of the most comforting concepts in Christianity. You give your burden to someone else (who can better bear it) and you're free. This helps many people . . .

I just don't see doctors as any more than very, very educated people, no better than me. I also cherish my autonomy and won't willingly give it up. So, I'll stick to my other hard learned coping skills . . .

I'm just going to be quiet after this post, because I really don't view my acne in as serious of a light as this discussion warrants. A lot of people on this board do, and this is more of their conversation.

I don't know how exactly this plays out, since it's from my doctor's point-of-view, but he lists his main treatment paradigm online as "physician as healer". I have a very good relationship with him, so I don't think our philosophies are mutually exclusive.

The only thing he's actually "told" me to do/will happen is that if I attempt to OD on meds he prescribes (a 2nd time; I got a free pass many don't get with their doctors), I will need to find a new doctor. He cited the "sacred trust" between doctor and patient: he prescribes meds to help me, and if I use them to hurt myself, something is wrong with our relationship. (My inner cynic would like to note the fact that it would have been extremely cruel and counterproductive to be "tough on me" at that point.) Interestingly, since that's the only time I've been given a direct order (or ultimatum, in this case), it's a hell of a lot clearer in my mind than had I been given lesser orders regularly. During the act, it never crossed my mind how badly I was perverting the doctor-patient relationship. At all. Which matters to me, because I don't do that kind of shit to other people (turn kindness back on itself). So, with of our one, and only one, "talk" (as he put it), he completely ensured that I will never, EVER do that again. And still note that he didn't tell me not to attempt to OD on his rxed drugs. He said if I do it (because I need/want to), it's because of a failure in our relationship.

Beyond that, he's never even told me to take the meds he prescribes. The biggest, scariest med change I ever made was my choice. He gave me the pros and cons of 3 meds, and I freely picked which one I wanted to try. Had he told me to take the one I picked, given that it had the biggest cons (coupled with the best chance at success), it would have been a much scarier proposition. Fortunately, since it was a wild success, I get to share some the credit (he says all) for being brave enough to pick it. It would actually encourage helplessness for me to attribute all treatment successes and failures to him.

It's weird. A painkiller another doctor prescribed messed me up with respect to the first doctor's job. He told me the painkiller had the potential to be at fault, so I decided to discontinue it. When I told the other doctor about it, he had a hard time grasping that my doctor never technically told me to stop taking the painkiller. (At the time, I considered it implicit that I'd take moderate-to-fleetingly-severe pain over a resurgence of depression any day, but I should have said it explicitly, because I think that's what the other doctor was missing . . . )

I admit, psychologically, he knows what he's doing. I'm most likely to do what he wants (what's "best" for me), if he presents it in the most appealing way possible. His methods also counteract some learned helplessness I've picked up along the way (like some people on these boards?). Practically, I have a voice in my treatment, and that's what matters to me. Even if he's manipulating me, I'm still getting what I want, and it's even working.

That was just the long way of me reiterating a healing relationship between doctor and patient and patient autonomy can go hand-in-hand, especially if the patient is in a particularly helpless, hopeless situation.

I would have to say...I HOPE SO......I am so tired of taking pills, capsules, ect....

PS.....Hi everyone..

Hi Amy! Yeah, meds forever-and-ever suck.

DrNeal,

As I promised, I'm done with my treatise on ideal doctor-patient relations, but I just wanted to say it sucks that you can't give any medical advice. Yes, diagnosis would be completely unethical, but first aid? Telling someone to ice a cyst will probably help them, whether they're a person with adrenal failure or a teenager with a case of raging hormones and some P. acnes.

Actually, yet again I can use myself as an example, because I seem to be the person I know best: I have medication-related acne. I haven't noticed many people on this site who seem to be in the same boat. (Although, it seems lithium--the culprit in my case, btw--is one of the more common meds that exacerbate acne, and it can carry some serious stigma with it, so I wouldn't blame anybody who just doesn't want to talk about it.) Yet, just about all the medical advice, tricks, and techniques on this site are helpful to me. The only difference between me and, um, more "natural" acne sufferers, is that I know how to quasi-clear my acne and choose not to (for good reason).

If medical professionals can't give any medical advice, that just leaves untrained internet nerds, like me, to do it, which is far less safe. It'd be great if you could just do something like submit your license number to an admin to prove you're legit, and then have this big, flashing, red disclaimer in your sig stating you can't diagnose anything, and you're just here for first-aid purposes. It'd be nice to have real doctors on this site, who could really help everyone out . . .

Dumb ethical codes with no loopholes for the information age . . .

I hear you, I hear you...... I don't feel great about teasing everyone on here about acne success and not delivering yet....

My honest intent was to give some real world optimism to what seemed like a mistakenly doomed group of people when I first joined... (especially the pessimistic accutane failures......they were killing me.....)

There is another big reason I don't give any specific advice on here.....

There is a common theme on this board that is quite powerful......... It's a spiral of failure that, for those not doing well, only deepens with every passing tip and trick.....

I'm not willing in any way to add to this spiral. When I speak about the patient/ practitioner relationship being so important I'm referring to the split second where a patient thinks what they're using isn't working and calls up their doctor to ask what's wrong......, the doctor then quickly assesses whats going wrong and makes the appropriate changes.....(if he/she is able)

Without that type of relationship, someone starts to do poorly alone..., gets pessimistic, and develops a mistaken belief that their acne is somehow more stubborn than the rest of the world's skin problems.....

I'll try to better emphasize my philosophy on this nasty condition... In my practice, I don't treat acne patients that want to come in a la carte for random acne prescriptions. (I really don't want my name on another acne failure story....) Rather, I offer a relationship that allows them to commit to my entire program and eventually get perfectly clear.

My challenge this year was working out how to bring my program to the people of this site and all over the world without leaving any sufferer's behind.... I'm not willing to help some people at the expense of making others become more hopeless....

I'm working right now on a DVD instructional, bottling products, and working out the legalities of how a real doctor can act as customer service representative for my product line without causing any medical ethics confusion...

I plan to have it worked out by the end of this season...... At that time, I plan to lauch my video project, my products, and my online service with the goal of clearing this problem up for everyone with a true confidence which will be backed up by 2 years of video work.....

I hope this explains my perspective a little.....??

Dr. N

Hi Amy! Yeah, meds forever-and-ever suck.

DrNeal,

As I promised, I'm done with my treatise on ideal doctor-patient relations, but I just wanted to say it sucks that you can't give any medical advice. Yes, diagnosis would be completely unethical, but first aid? Telling someone to ice a cyst will probably help them, whether they're a person with adrenal failure or a teenager with a case of raging hormones and some P. acnes.

Actually, yet again I can use myself as an example, because I seem to be the person I know best: I have medication-related acne. I haven't noticed many people on this site who seem to be in the same boat. (Although, it seems lithium--the culprit in my case, btw--is one of the more common meds that exacerbate acne, and it can carry some serious stigma with it, so I wouldn't blame anybody who just doesn't want to talk about it.) Yet, just about all the medical advice, tricks, and techniques on this site are helpful to me. The only difference between me and, um, more "natural" acne sufferers, is that I know how to quasi-clear my acne and choose not to (for good reason).

If medical professionals can't give any medical advice, that just leaves untrained internet nerds, like me, to do it, which is far less safe. It'd be great if you could just do something like submit your license number to an admin to prove you're legit, and then have this big, flashing, red disclaimer in your sig stating you can't diagnose anything, and you're just here for first-aid purposes. It'd be nice to have real doctors on this site, who could really help everyone out . . .

Dumb ethical codes with no loopholes for the information age . . .

My challenge this year was working out how to bring my program to the people of this site and all over the world without leaving any sufferer's behind.... I'm not willing to help some people at the expense of making others become more hopeless....

I'm working right now on a DVD instructional, bottling products, and working out the legalities of how a real doctor can act as customer service representative for my product line without causing any medical ethics confusion...

I plan to have it worked out by the end of this season...... At that time, I plan to lauch my video project, my products, and my online service with the goal of clearing this problem up for everyone with a true confidence which will be backed up by 2 years of video work.....

Dr. N

Hi,

The mods and admins at acne.org have asked you to provide your credentials to the site owners before you are able to give any medical advice. So far, you have declined to do that. Since that is the case, I want to make it clear that we do not allow our site to be spammed with products, DVD insturctions, etc., unless you obtain a permission from Dan and provide your credentials. Please do not continue to advertise the launch of your products and projects on our site. Of course, you are welcome to create your own acne site and spread the word if you desire to promote. We have to keep the best interest of our users in mind and without credentials from you, we are simply not able to protect them.

Thanks for your understanding.

Celebrating Fishbulb to the fullest...

“... as the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly; not to the music, but something else; some place else; a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been; except a deer; and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms.â€

fully understand....

the internet is a big place......

I will give you all the information this winter when everything is ready.

I hope when it is, you and all the moderators will prioritize the health of this community over all business interests.

until then...

peace,

-Dr.N

Dr. N

Hi,

The mods and admins at acne.org have asked you to provide your credentials to the site owners before you are able to give any medical advice. So far, you have declined to do that. Since that is the case, I want to make it clear that we do not allow our site to be spammed with products, DVD insturctions, etc., unless you obtain a permission from Dan and provide your credentials. Please do not continue to advertise the launch of your products and projects on our site. Of course, you are welcome to create your own acne site and spread the word if you desire to promote. We have to keep the best interest of our users in mind and without credentials from you, we are simply not able to protect them.

Thanks for your understanding.

'DrNeal' date='Aug 19 2007, 11:46 AM' post='2003377'

That may be so. The problem is putting trust in an illegitimate doctor. There are many fakes out there.... people pretending to be doctors.... just so they can promote their product(s) on various websites and message boards.

People still haven't realized that knowlege isn't always power when it comes to healthcare...... it actually hurts people sometimes...... kind of like in my quote below.....

I said it before on here........... if everyone wants to be as knowledgeable as a doctor on acne then they will inevitably be "doctors" treating themselves....... Every real doctor knows this leads to failure....

(although, of course, I understand the tempation of replacing an $250 old man in a white coat for a 5 dollar bottle of lotion)

for example....., the doctors I've seen as patients in my practice are the worst patients ever......... the worst.......

just took care of one the other day who was doing poorly(not with acne) because he didn't do as I instructed, and instead used his own opinion to override the instructions......

when you can understand this phenomena, you'll truly understand why the internet has real side effects..... People have no faith or trust in other people who take money from them.......(there's a reflex out there that if you pay for something, then you're being duped.............. there's no partnership anymore......

I'm starting to see a whole new culture of chronic sufferers........ the ultra-intellectuals......... they classically do much worse than my simpler old fashioned trusting patients......

medicine is a art............... not a science.

Dr Neal this is one of the truest things I have ever read on this board. I myself will admit that many times I dont trust my doctors and I have gone AGAINST their instructions because I feel that theyre just out to get my money rather than treating me the way I NEED to be treated. Half of those decisions actually helped me (like quitting obagi when I never needed the program) but the other half worked against me. But whether you want to deny it or not, there's always an abundance of bad doctors out there who jus wants you to pay them money for 5 minutes of their time. They dont want to deal with your problems, because even doctors themselves have problems of their own, and of course, egos to be fed. They want your crisp bills and CC numbers so they can finance their next jaguar or yacht. Their new yacht > your face.

But you're right, everybody who ends up surfing the net day and night to try and find an answer for their problems (be it acne related or otherwise) thinks that theyre the pros, and when they meet up with the conventional wisdom of a medical professional sparks fly (may not be verbally but often happens in the aftercare of a treatment).

But how can a person not become bitter and pessimistic after being unluckily burned by a few irresponsible doctors? Its human nature to see patterns and prevent one-self to be hurt over and over again.

Also I find people who dont give a sh*t about their acne problems.. usually dont end up with really bad acne later on in their years, and in fact they never even talk or think about it in their daily lives. So I believe stress is a MAJOR factor in battling against acne. Can I really imagine a friend of mine having cysts all over his face? I doubt it, since hes outside all day playing sports and having fun with his life rather than sit on a forum worrying about the next breakout or how hes going to get out of a pimple scarless. You're right, knowledge does not equal to power. Think about all the people before our times that knew NOTHING of acne other than as a phase that one goes through during puberty. Theyve all seem to recovered from it just fine. The more worries one puts onto themselves, I think the higher the tenancy for one to have more severe acne. Sometimes not knowing something may be more beneficial than to know it in depth.

Seems like the thread has deterred from its original purpose. I for one, change my views on acne month by month. The internet has proven to provide a significant amount of information, information that can ease an individuals mind on ailments they are concerned about. Imo it has actually been an alternative route to medical consultation at times; case dependent.

To keep it short, I ended up dismissing topicals, moving to holistics views on acne and then back to the theory that topicals are necessary in the battle with acne. My final view is that a combination of holistic healing with proper topical applications prove to be quite affective.

Thumbs up to Dr. Neal

Hope to see your plan set in motion.

If acne.org feels your presence is unwanted, it's the communities loss.

Lates.

must one fail for another to pass said by a wise man watching a fool pull a mule's ass

Everyone has their own opinion on acne based on what they've seen themselves and heard from others......

was wondering.....,

Does anyone on here believe massive cystic acne can be completely resolved to 100% clearance and maintained without oral antibiotics or accutane.....?

(I'd be curious to hear any strong opinions out there......... holistic people, veterans, moderators....?)

No it can't, believe me. All those posting that it can are only bullshiting you if you really have 'massive cystic acne' as you said. I wouldn't even waste time and let your skin scar. If you have the opportunity go straight on accutane.

[sig-img:226]

No it can't, believe me. All those posting that it can are only bullshiting you if you really have 'massive cystic acne' as you said. I wouldn't even waste time and let your skin scar. If you have the opportunity go straight on accutane.

I agree.

I respectfully disagree...

"As a former Acne sufferer and a Board Certified Physician, it is my mission to proove to the world, beyond any doubt, that ANY degree of Acne can be rapidly cleared and prevented without any oral medications whatsoever"

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

"As a former Acne sufferer and a Board Certified Physician, it is my mission to proove to the world, beyond any doubt, that ANY degree of Acne can be rapidly cleared and prevented without any oral medications whatsoever"

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

what else do you think can treat severe cystic acne as rapidly as accutane?

DKR REGIMEN

morning

dessert essence jojoba oil, purpose gentle cleansing wash, paula's choice 1% BHA gel (to unclog pores), acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, complex 15 moisturizing lotion

throughout the day as needed

alpha hydrox enhanced lotion, generic oil absorbing sheets, 200 mg ibuprofen

night

dessert essence jojoba oil, purpose gentle cleansing wash, paula's choice 1% BHA gel (to unclog pores), acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, cetaphil moisturizing cream mixed with jojoba oil

DIET

whole grains, fresh fish, fresh poultry, fresh vegetables, lots of water, low cholesterol, low salt, no red meat, no trans fats, no hydrogenated oils, no sugar, no processed grains

DAILY DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS

3000 mg whole food multi-vitamins, 1000 mg sustained release pantothenic acid, 1000 mg salmon oil (120 mg EPA, 20 mg DHA), 540 mg saw palmetto, 500 mcg chromium picolinate, 470 mg green tea extract, 400 mg turmeric extract, 300 mcg biotin, 50 mg zinc, 2 mg copper, calcium-magnesium complex

my dkr log

my diet/holistic log

resolving stubborn acne while on dan's regimen

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

From what I've learned observing this forum for 3 years, the thing that destroys people emotionally is false hope. We're not talking about only fighting pimples here. If there wouldn't be any permanent damage from acne than it would be fine - try what you want, you will be cleared sooner or later when you'll find your cure. Actually what people find out after years and years of trying is that accutane is the only cure. I fought acne for 10 years and Im in the same boat. SCARS. Thats the thing that you won't ever be able to get rid of. And if you won't start treating your severe acne with cardinal methods that is accutane I give you at least 90% that sooner or later your face will be destroyed. I treated my moderate acne with topicals, routine and food changes etc. during that 10 year period and the only thing that I've got was scars.

Btw, Im not promoting accutane here. It has some side effects that all of us can experience. But in case of SEVERE acne I just can't see no other way.

[sig-img:226]

B5(10 grams/day) will work for most people. also i believe if you completely rid your system of toxins by; liver flush/enema and a VERY strict diet, anyone could be acne free, without meds.

well i wont be on here anymore, so bye all, goodluck.

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

From what I've learned observing this forum for 3 years, the thing that destroys people emotionally is false hope. We're not talking about only fighting pimples here. If there wouldn't be any permanent damage from acne than it would be fine - try what you want, you will be cleared sooner or later when you'll find your cure. Actually what people find out after years and years of trying is that accutane is the only cure. I fought acne for 10 years and Im in the same boat. SCARS. Thats the thing that you won't ever be able to get rid of. And if you won't start treating your severe acne with cardinal methods that is accutane I give you at least 90% that sooner or later your face will be destroyed. I treated my moderate acne with topicals, routine and food changes etc. during that 10 year period and the only thing that I've got was scars.

Btw, Im not promoting accutane here. It has some side effects that all of us can experience. But in case of SEVERE acne I just can't see no other way.

it would be remiss if i didn't say that accutane was never intended to be a long term treatment option for acne. as someone who's been on 3 courses of accutane, i feel that i have the authority to say that the best one can hope for with accutane is short term remission from acne. accutane isn't a cure for acne.

DKR REGIMEN

morning

dessert essence jojoba oil, purpose gentle cleansing wash, paula's choice 1% BHA gel (to unclog pores), acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, complex 15 moisturizing lotion

night

dessert essence jojoba oil, purpose gentle cleansing wash, paula's choice 1% BHA gel (to unclog pores), acne.org 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel, cetaphil moisturizing cream mixed with jojoba oil

DIET

whole grains, fresh fish, fresh poultry, fresh vegetables, lots of water, low cholesterol, low salt, no red meat, no trans fats, no hydrogenated oils, no sugar, no processed grains

3000 mg whole food multi-vitamins, 1000 mg sustained release pantothenic acid, 1000 mg salmon oil (120 mg EPA, 20 mg DHA), 540 mg saw palmetto, 500 mcg chromium picolinate, 470 mg green tea extract, 400 mg turmeric extract, 300 mcg biotin, 50 mg zinc, 2 mg copper, calcium-magnesium complex

my dkr log

my diet/holistic log

I learned the same lesson about acne sufferers over years of observing and treating....( and mentioned the same importance of not tolerating false hope in my introduction here 3 months ago)

It has been made clear to me after 3 months on here, that the general consensus is that nothing can clear severe acne except accutane. Where does that leave someone with liver problems or someone like duane who is failing several courses.....? Are they just screwed......?

Not in my experience. Severe acne can be rapidly cleared and prevented without oral medications but there is no quick tip to offer (sorry duane)..... It takes a major program with a passionate and confident leader. I'm sure I'm not the only former acne sufferer / doctor who is unwilling to let anyone lose this battle....

As it is now, I would never steer anyone off accutane who has severe acne because other ways of clearing severe acne have not been proven to the world yet. And, it's very important to get with a program that one has full confidence in. I agree that waiting and hoping without a specific proven plan is not a good idea for severe acne because of the issue of deep scarring.

My mission is for a non-invasive treatment paradigm to become mainstream, thus enabling patients to enter the program with 100% confidence and rapidly find results... Until the point of total confidence has been established, accutane is still a fine option for some...

this mission is on its way...... it will take some time...... but you'll soon see....

hope some people take comfort in the new possibility for now,

-Dr. N

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

-Dr. Neal

I agree.

it would be remiss if i didn't say that accutane was never intended to be a long term treatment option for acne. as someone who's been on 3 courses of accutane, i feel that i have the authority to say that the best one can hope for with accutane is short term remission from acne. accutane isn't a cure for acne.

i want to clarify something that i said above. i believe that accutane is an appropriate treatment option for those with severe cystic acne. however, i don't want to give anyone false hope regarding what accutane can accomplish.

DKR REGIMEN

morning

night

DIET

my dkr log

my diet/holistic log