tca

389 replies to this topic

#1 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

Everyone has their own opinion on acne based on what they've seen themselves and heard from others......

was wondering.....,

Does anyone on here believe massive cystic acne can be completely resolved to 100% clearance and maintained without oral antibiotics or accutane.....?

(I'd be curious to hear any strong opinions out there......... holistic people, veterans, moderators....?)

#2 JR86

JR86

I've gotta go, i cut my foot earlier and my shoe is filling

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

i think it can, only with time. in other words, you can outgrow it. for women birth control or spiro might be able to clear it.

#3 Tokra

Tokra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:37 PM

I would say yes. My theory is that being really tense, or emotional distressed, or possibly even anxious affects how your skin breaks out. My skin went from red regular acne (highschool 17-18), to boils/cysts (18-25).

The antibiotics that was prescribed to me by my derma, re leaved the boils and cysts, but it always came back after a while, times 10.

If I could go back in time, id change the way I coped with everyday stress. I think we get acne at a young age because we do not know how to control our emotions, stress, and fatigue. If we just made our bodies more calm and less tense, I think it will bring your acne down to a normal state.

But what do I know. 8 years with acne, pimples, cysts, boils, maybe I just grew out of it? or maybe I took a different approach with stress. I know that i took a different approach and it worked. Maybe because the last alternative that my doctor offered was accutane, and I didnt want to try accutane, because of all the side effects

#4 emperornext

emperornext

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:47 PM

It depends. How bad of cystic acne are you talking about? I've seen some pictures of acne that would make me cringe, then I've seen people with one or two small cysts and they would call that "massive cystic acne".

I think besides the extreme cystic acne, there is an internal cure for all acne. It could be a combination of diet, liver/kidney/bowel flushing, supplements and lifestyle changes.

Are you really a doctor?

QUOTE(DrNeal @ Aug 7 2007, 09:15 PM) View Post
Everyone has their own opinion on acne based on what they've seen themselves and heard from others......

was wondering.....,

Does anyone on here believe massive cystic acne can be completely resolved to 100% clearance and maintained without oral antibiotics or accutane.....?

(I'd be curious to hear any strong opinions out there......... holistic people, veterans, moderators....?)

#5 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

yeah.......... and a former sufferer (15 yrs...)

I'm curious what everyone's views are on this topic based on what they've personally experienced or seen in their friends and family...

QUOTE(emperornext @ Aug 7 2007, 10:47 PM) View Post
It depends. How bad of cystic acne are you talking about? I've seen some pictures of acne that would make me cringe, then I've seen people with one or two small cysts and they would call that "massive cystic acne".

I think besides the extreme cystic acne, there is an internal cure for all acne. It could be a combination of diet, liver/kidney/bowel flushing, supplements and lifestyle changes.

Are you really a doctor?

QUOTE(DrNeal @ Aug 7 2007, 09:15 PM) View Post

was wondering.....,

#6 JR86

JR86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:04 PM

what are your views? personally, i know the only things that got rid of my cysts were antibiotics (only cephalexin worked), accutane, and corticosteroid injections.

#7 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:14 PM

I believe the system is going to change............. (hopefully I'll be leading the front..... I agree with everyone on this forum that waiting 2 months to see a practitioner for 5 minutes only to be sent away for another 4 months is not the way to treat a difficult condition....... Dan has done a really good thing for a lot of people who felt dismissed by the system....)

I'm on these boards all the time because I'm obsessed with severe acne treatment without any oral medication.....

I'll keep you updated on the results of my 2 year research project.......

#8 JR86

JR86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

how is it treated without any oral treatments? i just know if i didn't take accutane i would still have acne. it might have gone away on it's own if i got rid of my stress, because i think stress made it worse. that, and a lack of sleep. but i can't figure out how to get rid of stress, since there are stress-inducing things going on in my life that i have to deal with, i can't just ignore. not to mention that the acne caused more stress.

#9 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

People still haven't realized that knowlege isn't always power when it comes to healthcare...... it actually hurts people sometimes...... kind of like in my quote below.....

I said it before on here........... if everyone wants to be as knowledgeable as a doctor on acne then they will inevitably be "doctors" treating themselves....... Every real doctor knows this leads to failure....

(although, of course, I understand the tempation of replacing an $250 old man in a white coat for a 5 dollar bottle of lotion)

for example....., the doctors I've seen as patients in my practice are the worst patients ever......... the worst.......
just took care of one the other day who was doing poorly(not with acne) because he didn't do as I instructed, and instead used his own opinion to override the instructions......

when you can understand this phenomena, you'll truly understand why the internet has real side effects..... People have no faith or trust in other people who take money from them.......(there's a reflex out there that if you pay for something, then you're being duped.............. there's no partnership anymore......

I'm starting to see a whole new culture of chronic sufferers........ the ultra-intellectuals......... they classically do much worse than my simpler old fashioned trusting patients......

medicine is a art............... not a science.

#10 Tokra

Tokra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:00 PM

I can see your point, but when I first went to the derma, he gave me clyndomicin the topical, and an antibiotic. I tried the topical, but made my face red, dry, and irritated. So I used alot less, I monitored my face carefully, I was breaking it more and more b/c of that medicine.

So 3 months passed by, I went to see him, I could tell he knew I didnt use the topical medicine. the antibiotic did stop the boils.

You have to understand, If something is severe, we do listen to what the doctors say. But if we know it breaks out skin out, and makes it more red after a week or 2 weeks, then we are not going to use it.

He kept giving me more and more topical medicines, when I knew it wouldnt work. Retin A did nothing, benzol peroxide 15%, nothing, I told him it made my skin more and more itchy, he gave me benzol peroxide 5%. I just said, the hell with him. The antibiotics were working more productively.

I kept telling him the topicals do not work, only the antibiotics, but he kept giving me more and more topicals, and finally said no more antibiotics, last resort accutane.

There is no partnership because, it takes 3 months to even see a dermatologist! It takes 2 sec for them to give us cortisone.

Also, everyone has different skin. I know doctors have alot of medicine at their disposal, but sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, if it doesnt work for me, I will not use it.

#11 duane

duane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:28 PM

i've been able to get my skin 100% clear, but only after 3 courses of accutane. however, maintenance has been a challenge. i recently began the regimen and i have hope that it will keep my skin 100% clear.

#12 darknezx

darknezx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:05 AM

It's been impossible for me to fight off hormonal severe acne without antibiotics. They really help, but only when you take them, and my severe acne only started when I was 17, 4 years after I started having mild ones.

#13 pop politics

pop politics

i feel like i'm slipping away

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:21 AM

I believe that the acne itself can absolutely be cleared without the use of any oral medications.

The real problem though; will it be cleared in a reasonably short amount of time, and with minimal scarring? In most severe, nodulo-cystic cases i'd be inclined to say no.

#14 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:55 AM

you and I agree....,

If there is a shortage of dermatologists in every town except NY and L.A., and people can't get in when treatment is not going as planned....., there will inevitably be countless treatment failures....

Imagine if you couldn't get a doctor's appointment in 3 months for other chronic conditions........like gastritis for example......, imagine how many more people would show up in the E.R. with perforated ulcers.....

the system is headed for a change in this field....... in the meantime...., wynne is going to stay busy.... wink.gif

QUOTE(Tokra @ Aug 8 2007, 01:00 AM) View Post
I can see your point, but when I first went to the derma, he gave me clyndomicin the topical, and an antibiotic. I tried the topical, but made my face red, dry, and irritated. So I used alot less, I monitored my face carefully, I was breaking it more and more b/c of that medicine.

So 3 months passed by, I went to see him, I could tell he knew I didnt use the topical medicine. the antibiotic did stop the boils.

You have to understand, If something is severe, we do listen to what the doctors say. But if we know it breaks out skin out, and makes it more red after a week or 2 weeks, then we are not going to use it.

He kept giving me more and more topical medicines, when I knew it wouldnt work. Retin A did nothing, benzol peroxide 15%, nothing, I told him it made my skin more and more itchy, he gave me benzol peroxide 5%. I just said, the hell with him. The antibiotics were working more productively.

I kept telling him the topicals do not work, only the antibiotics, but he kept giving me more and more topicals, and finally said no more antibiotics, last resort accutane.

There is no partnership because, it takes 3 months to even see a dermatologist! It takes 2 sec for them to give us cortisone.

Also, everyone has different skin. I know doctors have alot of medicine at their disposal, but sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, if it doesnt work for me, I will not use it.

this difficult challenge is the basis for my research project......

It will be complete by the end of the year....., we should revisit this topic again......

QUOTE(pop politics @ Aug 8 2007, 07:21 AM) View Post
I believe that the acne itself can absolutely be cleared without the use of any oral medications.

The real problem though; will it be cleared in a reasonably short amount of time, and with minimal scarring? In most severe, nodulo-cystic cases i'd be inclined to say no.

#15 JoeBloggs

JoeBloggs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:25 AM

I dont think massive cystic acne can be cured without medication (except time of course)

Currently recovering from a bout of massive cystic acne thanks to Vitamin B5

#16 emperornext

emperornext

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:26 PM

Dr Neal

How did you cure your acne?

#17 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:22 PM

It's not "cured".....

It's just in 99-100% contol these days.......(perfectly clear for 6 days of every week, minimimal occational tiny bumps, and not uncomfortably oily). I'm very happy with it. I couldn't get it like this for years....... tried everything, paid for every service, fought hard every day.....(I'm a former bodybuilder so I know how to stick to a tight regimen........ and still failed.....time and time again.....)

After working with many chemists, dermatologists, and aestheticians over several years, I designed my own formulation of products and a program that I use now. It's dope....

The problem is this....... If I released them carelessly like proactiv or murad, they would be amazing for some, help others partially, and not be enough for some........ leaving the minority even more helpless (the proactive / acne.org phenomena) i.e. "I've tried everything"

If you've read my prior posts, I always speak about the doctor/patient relationship because acne is hard to treat, and sometimes requires a ton of energy from an ultra-expert to get someone together....

My goal in the near future is to create a way to get my program to the world without letting the minority down.....

Think about it.... what if I released a product and program that worked for 95% of people....... what would happen to the 5% who thinks "It doesn't work for me"......... they will be left even more hopeless and isolated (kind of like the accutane failures on this board)

I'm unwilling to release any product line unless I can assure myself that people won't slip through the cracks....

I may have to make myself available as the personal customer service representative, or maybe make such an extensive library of dvd's that could accompany the products and help people who were still struggling......

Acne is a relentless chronic condition......, and its careless for me or anyone else to underestimate its power......

I'll let you know when I have found a way to release my program to the world in a responsible and ethical way....

talk soon,

Dr.N

QUOTE(emperornext @ Aug 9 2007, 12:26 AM) View Post
Dr Neal

How did you cure your acne?

#18 aussiegirl

aussiegirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:08 AM

Just wondering if there is any known relationship between adrenal fatigue/exhaustion and cysts? My cysts definitely came on through stress, and I have been diagnosed now with adrenal exhaustion (my cortisol levels were 50 per cent higher than they should have been for ages). It seems to make sense that if there is a relationship between stress and cysts, that adrenals may play a role?

#19 duane

duane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE(aussiegirl @ Aug 13 2007, 06:08 AM) View Post
Just wondering if there is any known relationship between adrenal fatigue/exhaustion and cysts? My cysts definitely came on through stress, and I have been diagnosed now with adrenal exhaustion (my cortisol levels were 50 per cent higher than they should have been for ages). It seems to make sense that if there is a relationship between stress and cysts, that adrenals may play a role?

stress definitely makes my acne worse.

#20 DrNeal

DrNeal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

learning the pathophysiology of stress on the body does nothing for the problem of stress.....

put all of your energy into stress reducing activities.......... knowledge isn't always power......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users