Acupuncture and Acne?

5 replies to this topic

#1 SrajDupo

SrajDupo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:37 PM

Hey everybody I was reading upon some information and curious about the topic of Acupuncture and acne. I read a study has been done involving the two and the success rate was very high. Did anybody try this alternative? What do you guys think about this? bb_eusa_think.gif Reply if you can thanks bb_eusa_dance.gif

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:50 PM

If you think stress breaks you out, accupuncture will definitely help your acne.

#3 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (BenKweller @ Aug 9 2004, 08:37 PM)
If you think stress breaks you out, accupuncture will definitely help your acne.

Stress definately plays a big role in this.. It is one of the biggest burdens for the liver.

#4 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

... ay ay ay ay ay...

bb_eusa_wall.gif

#5 dantecubit

dantecubit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:46 PM

I went to a TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) practitioner for acupuncture as well as herbs. I only had 4 treatments because I only noticed a slight improvement and it was expensive as hell. It might just take while to work. In a perfect world, maybe we'd all have acupuncture for things-- but this is the real world where it cost $40/treatment. Be clear- when it talk about acupuncture being used, that probably means ongoing treatment- and that can really break the bank. Is it effective? Probably. Will you have to move out onto the streets? Yes.

P.S. the herbs tasted like shit

Plaquoid-mucous cleansing-type junk, liver flushing, colloidal silver, coral calcium... these are definitely NOT part of my regimen

#6 Keats

Keats

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (dantecubit @ Aug 12 2004, 12:33 PM)
I went to a TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) practitioner for acupuncture as well as herbs. I only had 4 treatments because I only noticed a slight improvement and it was expensive as hell. It might just take while to work. In a perfect world, maybe we'd all have acupuncture for things-- but this is the real world where it cost $40/treatment. Be clear- when it talk about acupuncture being used, that probably means ongoing treatment- and that can really break the bank. Is it effective? Probably. Will you have to move out onto the streets? Yes.

P.S. the herbs tasted like shit

I wouldn't recommend accupunture for relieving stress from the body. I'd say accupuncture is good for some musculair problems and your central nervous system, but for stress problems you need to find other ways, like good exercises (yoga, tai chi, etc..)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users