Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Been A Long Time Coming...

134 posts in this topic

Sounds good Sarah! Less is more, you know? I'm finding my skin is clearing up quite well just with mandelic serum, sulfur serum, cocobasil toner, 5% fruity exfo, and HA serum, and I may be able to even cut out the sulfur serum eventually, not sure. Less is more, though a product addict like myself always loves new stuff :redface: I still may go for the healing banana serum since I don't have a healing product, but maybe I don't need it :shifty:

Bah humbug, less is more! This might be a lessen I learned the hard way. But in a process-of-elimination type of experimentation, I just had to try. You know?

By the way, these products you have now...were they all recommended by Jen?

I just went and modified my order based on her recommendations. I hope this will work for me!

I'm also wearing no makeup now, not even BB cream. Tis scary, being makeup-free! My acne is there for everyone to see. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I do know that, so far, no one really treats me differently. And yet, you can't help but think...

Let me know tim12 c:

Well, I gave Jen a list of all the products I was interested in by category (cleanser, toner, serums, moisturizers, etc.), and then narrowed them down by her recommendations. But she was right in that my skin seems to be fine without a moisturizer so long as I use HA with my treatments, and a bit of HA after helps as well. I really like the no heaviness feeling that comes with being moisturizer free! I do like to use EMC on nights where flaking/healing is happening though.

haha don't worry, I'm sure things will be fine! plus they could clear up in a couple weeks. How's your battle with picking going Sarah?

I'm doing better, but still nowhere where I need to be. I don't mess around with most of my blackheads like I used too, and the fact that the mandelic acid is getting rid of them helps a bunch too! I still am having problems in one area in particular, my temple. I think I might bump up to 10% for those certain trouble areas.

Yeah, for the longest time I wasn't even really aware of how bad of a problem picking was for me. It must have really picked up when I got cystic acne, looking at the pictures especially.

Let me know how your carrier oil + HA serum works out! What oil are you using?

I'm going to be using the B-5 antioxident gel and watermelon seed oil. Interesting combo, right?

Hm! Never heard of watermelon seed oil topically, I'll have to look at it on their website!

It's in GoW's classic face cream, which I happen to really like. Here's a bit of information I got (from just a google search):

"The high content of omega acids & linoleic acid within [watermelon seed] oil assist in the removal of excess sebum within the skin ensuring the skin is cleansed. The oil from the watermelon seeds can be used to dissolve the oil build up in the pores. So it is best for oily skin. Watermelon seed oil is also a perfect choice for inclusion in hair care formulations as it is non-greasy yet highly moisturizing. It is recommended for use in skin care formulations for all skin types, including dry, oily, acne-prone or maturing skin. Its viscosity, mild aroma and indefinite shelf life make it good all-purpose carrier oil for use in aromatherapy."

I'm sure you're almost in the clear :)

Hey Sarah, this log is really entertaining lol I love hearing about all the new products! Just a quick Q, how long did you try DKR before quitting? / what kind of results did you get?

Destroy what destroys you.

ACCUTANE

Month 1: 2 days @ 10mg, 8 days @ 20mg, rest of the month @ 40mg