Photo

Dermarolling

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 tr003

tr003

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

I have moderate to severe acne scarring. They are all depressed scars that I have had for 3-5 years. As a 20 year old male, they really effect my self esteem and I constantly stress about them. About a year ago I bought a dermaroller and rolled too often, so I took it back to using a 1.5 mm once every six weeks. I went through five treatments and am now about 6 weeks since my last treatment. I applied copper peptide serum before rolling. I rolled using moderate pressure and until blood spots appeared.

My concern is that I have seen little to no improvement over this long course of treatments. Should I buy a smaller roller? Switch up my topical? Roll more often? Or just be patient?

Any good advice would be extremely helpful.

#2 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (tr003 @ Oct 23 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have moderate to severe acne scarring. They are all depressed scars that I have had for 3-5 years. As a 20 year old male, they really effect my self esteem and I constantly stress about them. About a year ago I bought a dermaroller and rolled too often, so I took it back to using a 1.5 mm once every six weeks. I went through five treatments and am now about 6 weeks since my last treatment. I applied copper peptide serum before rolling. I rolled using moderate pressure and until blood spots appeared.

My concern is that I have seen little to no improvement over this long course of treatments. Should I buy a smaller roller? Switch up my topical? Roll more often? Or just be patient?

Any good advice would be extremely helpful.

Patience is key. But you should also consider individually needling your scars and then roll on top of that. It can be very time consuming to treat all of your scars this way. What I do is break up my treatments in to sections so I can do an effective job. Forexample. Needle/roll an area one week and then the next week do another area. So maybe over the course of a month you treat everything.

#3 Maldition

Maldition

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

Dermarolling
Does dermarolling really work?

No.

#4 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (eterna_maldicion @ Oct 27 2010, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dermarolling
Does dermarolling really work?

No.

Have you rolled Em?

#5 scoobie_do

scoobie_do

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:38 AM

TR003,
I've noticed in the 1.5 or so years I've been active here a negative connotation
to dermarolling here. Its always seemed odd to me. To me one would look for:
1.published results from a procedure in medical literature
2. testimony from people who have had the procedurle done or have done it themselves
3. Opinions of doctors in the field
4. Do doctors in the field perform the procedure sucessfully?

Generally speaking, from what I've read in medical literature and testimony here and
other places, the procedure has given positive results.

It is possible for single individuals to have poor results, its in the medical literature for
sure. For a person to have had poor results to extrapolate to a larger group/sample
really can't be done. The overall indication is that it is positive in correcting scarring.
Frankly its not even argueable.

Eterna_maldicion, to say "no" it doe not work, it really cutting counter to common sense
really. There should be stacks of medical evidence showing it doesn't work, and it
does not exist. There should be countless people here saying it doesn't work. Generally (not all)
people here say it has worked for them. Also, eterna_maldicion, how would you account
for positive results from myself and munsoned? Both of our results are pretty substantial?
My friends even tell me how much better my skin looks.

The best agruements I've seen against dermarolling comes from dermatologists themselves.
Some saying it is ineffective and will do no good. Some have not even heard of it.
I will say I havn't seen a derm say "I performed this procedure for a year and it just
doesn't work", or "I've reviewed the studies done in such and such medical journal
and they are bogus because of XYZ", or "I've done a research study with negative/poor results".
These are obviously professionals in their field, and their opinion not to be taken lightly.
Balance that with dermatoligists/doctors who are also obviously professioinals who have
done medical studies with hundreds of people and had positive results. Add to that
dermatologists/doctors who do the procedure sucessfully in their practice with positive
results.

In the end I suppose its up to each of us, to see what we see is best for us, and
encourage each of us here with the resolution of our scarring.

Edited by scoobie_do, 27 October 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#6 adella

adella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

YES dermarolling does work, ONCE YOU FIND A REGIEME TO SUIT YOUR SKIN>

I am living proof that it works! rolling, combined with individual needling of deeper scars, with the use of products that I did alot of trial and error and research to find.

I designed my own routine, as have many others, and I stuck with it for over a year.....*patience* My way of rolling is different to most, I roll 'lightly' and more often, and use a product called coppper peptides, as well as a vegetarian diet and carefully chosen supplements.

Dermarolling will not FIX everything....however it will lessen the appearance of scars, by a %.

You mentioned being 20? I have belief that at such an age your skin is replacing collagen at a terrific rate, and I would expect you could achive signifigant results.

If you choose to roll, I reccomend doing it yourself at home. But NOT if you have any active acne.

Any questions, feel free to ask smile.gif

I have posted a pic here once... I have also been on tv for skin issues and in a popular magazine... soon im starting a blog site of my experiences including many photos and reviews.

Take care on your healing journey

Adella eusa_angel.gif

#7 Ziko

Ziko

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (adella @ Oct 29 2010, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YES dermarolling does work, ONCE YOU FIND A REGIEME TO SUIT YOUR SKIN>

I am living proof that it works! rolling, combined with individual needling of deeper scars, with the use of products that I did alot of trial and error and research to find.

I designed my own routine, as have many others, and I stuck with it for over a year.....*patience* My way of rolling is different to most, I roll 'lightly' and more often, and use a product called coppper peptides, as well as a vegetarian diet and carefully chosen supplements.

Dermarolling will not FIX everything....however it will lessen the appearance of scars, by a %.

You mentioned being 20? I have belief that at such an age your skin is replacing collagen at a terrific rate, and I would expect you could achive signifigant results.

If you choose to roll, I reccomend doing it yourself at home. But NOT if you have any active acne.

Any questions, feel free to ask smile.gif

I have posted a pic here once... I have also been on tv for skin issues and in a popular magazine... soon im starting a blog site of my experiences including many photos and reviews.

Take care on your healing journey

Adella eusa_angel.gif

Hey Adella, I would love to know your exact routine, products and supplements. You have alot of knowhow and I'm willing to try whatever you did.

I been looking into to dermaroller for a while but... I just don't know where to start. There is so much information and everyone does it differently.

#8 adella

adella

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

Hi Ziko- im working on a blog, so people can watch my progress and routine. I will post link for that in a few weeks.

Dealing with acne and scars for almost 20 years, has given me some know how!!

Its 5am here and I am busy, but I will come back later today and write an easy to understand guide to my favorite products and the way I use them. Plus PM me and I will answer any questions.. today!

There IS hope for improvment- easily achieved at home, at a minimal cost. No doctor in the land will admit this!!! we would put them out of business. eusa_whistle.gif

Adella

#9 tr003

tr003

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

Well I have a new hope that something out there will work for me. I ordered a RGB LED light and use that once a day as well as application of CPs once a day. Also I eat lots of pineapple and drink pineapple juice (I heard that contains an enzyme that assists in breaking down scar tissue)? Lastly I massage my cheeks (where the scars are located) about four to five times a week for maybe 20-30 minutes.

Pretty much my goal is to break up the stubborn scar tissue from inside and out while hopefully inspiring new collagen production with the CPs and the light therapy.

I am considering individual needling but have seen on this sight that it actually makes scars look worse, so I am a bit hesitant.

I don't think my scars are tethered down because when I stretch my skin they appear to flatten out.

Any more advice? Do I have a good regimen going? So far I might have seen a very very very small improvement and i have been through one dermaroller treatment a month ago and one month of everything else.

Thanks