Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long does the redness last from a 1.5mm dermaroller treatment?

68 posts in this topic

Hi, I just found out i'll have some unexpected free time, around a week. I was wondering how long it takes for the redness to completely fade from a 1.5 dermaroller treatment? I honestly don't want anyone to know i'm having this procedure. Is a week enough?

Hi,

I just registered to ask the same question. I´ve used the 1.5mm DR ~36hrs ago and my skin is still red like a tomato. I got an important date on saturday, so will this be healing till saturday? Was my first time.

Hi,

I just registered to ask the same question. I´ve used the 1.5mm DR ~36hrs ago and my skin is still red like a tomato. I got an important date on saturday, so will this be healing till saturday? Was my first time.

Well 36 hours isn't much, I wouldn't expect it to fade that quickly. Keep me posted on how long it takes for the redness to fade.

Yeah I know 36 hrs. is not a long time. I hope the redness has gone till friday.

The redness of my forehead is way better but my cheeks (is that right? Sorry my english is not the best) are still red...

I read that most DM users say the redness has gone after 4 days so I expect and hope that it will be so :)

It takes about 24 hours for the red marks on my cheeks to fade away.

How long till no one will be able to tell you've had anything done at all?

i have no done it yet but from what i've researched, some say about 3-4 days, some say 1-2 weeks, i guess it depends on how fast the person heals

keep us posted

Hi,

I´m on day 3 now, ~66hrs later and my skin looks good now. The redness starts to fade away (at least 50-70% of the redness has gone) and my skin starts to peel. I hope it´s nearly gone till saturday, got something important to do :)

Ah, it was even worth to roll, only for the peel effect, I feel much fresher now because my old "skin" has peeled...

Hi,

I�m on day 3 now, ~66hrs later and my skin looks good now. The redness starts to fade away (at least 50-70% of the redness has gone) and my skin starts to peel. I hope it´s nearly gone till saturday, got something important to do :)

Ah, it was even worth to roll, only for the peel effect, I feel much fresher now because my old "skin" has peeled...

That's great news. How much is it peeling exactly? Will people notice it? Keep me posted!

dr.chu wrote in his article that one 1 out of 400 patients(?) had redness for more than a week. Usually it's 3-4 days. I personally wouldnt mind the redness

@Liquid,

No the peeling does not look that bad but anyway I would not go out so because I would feel unconfortable when I have the situation not under control and don´t know how I look actually. So I would think that a part of my peeled skin hangs off my face, even if it´s not so :D

My forehead does not peel but still feels rough, maybe it will peel tomorrow or maybe never... My cheeks peel but as I said it does not look that worse.

I think tomorrow (~80 hrs. after the rolling) I can go out and can feel comfortable.

About my scars, I would not say anything because I already read that people were excited after 5 days and after 2 weeks they was saying it looks again like before the DR. For now it looks very good, my skin looks soft. But I have very less scars so I can say this.

Sorry for my not perfect english

I can roll in the morning and go out later the same day just lightly using a concealer to hide the red marks. Although I do suffer from acne related red marks which might make the roller marks blend in better than for a person with a completely normal skin tone.

I can roll in the morning and go out later the same day just lightly using a concealer to hide the red marks. Although I do suffer from acne related red marks which might make the roller marks blend in better than for a person with a completely normal skin tone.

With a 1.5? That's insane. Do you roll quite thoroughly?

In theory the more you do it the faster your skin will learn to repair from the damage.

In theory the more you do it the faster your skin will learn to repair from the damage.

Hopefully the led lights will shave some time off aswell.

Mhh seems impossible to me. Maybe you use the 0,25mm DR?

Hey Acnefree81, keep me posted on your progress. Hope you make it to your date on Saturday.

With a 1.5? That's insane. Do you roll quite thoroughly?

Yes, with a 1.5. I do not know if I roll thoroughly or hard enough. I've asked about it on here before but I didn't get an answer. There is blood coming through some of the holes when I roll, if that can somehow show how hard I roll. I do swell up as well for a few days but that only improves the scars so I don't see that as a downside.

Mhh seems impossible to me. Maybe you use the 0,25mm DR?

Hey Acnefree81, keep me posted on your progress. Hope you make it to your date on Saturday.

Hi,

I´m fine. The redness has gone completely. Peeling is also over ;) About my scars, I cant say anything for now. I wait another week or two ;)

I just rolled tonight with a 1.5 roller without any numbing cream. My skin is really red right now, I look like that black guy in pineapple express after he got hit with the coffee pot. I'll keep you guys updated.

I just rolled tonight with a 1.5 roller without any numbing cream. My skin is really red right now, I look like that black guy in pineapple express after he got hit with the coffee pot. I'll keep you guys updated.

how painful is it without numbing cream? did you ice the area prior? did you draw blood? i tried it on my arm with much pressure but it felt like the needles didnt penetrate the skin... I only see a few drops of blood, is this what you experienced?

best of luck with recovery!

how painful is it without numbing cream? did you ice the area prior? did you draw blood? i tried it on my arm with much pressure but it felt like the needles didnt penetrate the skin... I only see a few drops of blood, is this what you experienced?

best of luck with recovery!

It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. It's definitely tolerable. I should mention that the first area that I started rolling was my temple which is really painful but the pain was significantly less on the rest of my cheek. I rolled during a shower so my skin was soft from the water, I can't really imagine rolling on dry skin, it sounds like it would be a lot more painful. I drew blood only in certain areas, the rest of my cheek was simply really red. It's the next day now and the only place where you can tell i've had treatment is the area that bled. There's these little red dots which will hopefully subside in the next few days. Maybe it's just dry blood? Who knows. I'm gonna go in the shower now.