Photo

Post accutane supplements

vitamin d vitamin d3 vitamin b vitamin e biotin zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

Hi Guys.

Really in need of answers.
If anyone knows about this topic and has learned of a way to live with the side effects from this drug please lemme know.

I currently take a F*cking lot of supplements and I can't remember what half and meant to compensate for.

List:

- Zinc
- Biotin
- Vitamin B Complex
- Vitamic C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin D3
- Quercetin
- Bilberry
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Tyrosine
- Lutein
- MSM Powder
- L-Carnitine
- Supplements for hair (Holland and barrett)

I've tried others before which I dropped due them having no effect.
I don't think any of the above are helping me either to be honest.

Please give me some info IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ON THIS TOPIC.

Please no time wasters.
The side effects I'm trying to treat are:

Hair loss/Dry eyes/Muscle and back pain/Inability to concentrate - Maybe due to worrying...

Edited by IndigoRush, 18 October 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#2 john1234

john1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:58 PM

i'll tell you straight. none of those will work for any of your symptoms. They may worsen them though.

#3 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (john1234 @ Oct 18 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'll tell you straight. none of those will work for any of your symptoms. They may worsen them though.

How would they worsen them?
Do you know or are you guessing?
Are you saying I should take no supplements?

#4 john1234

john1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

I have tried most of them. I've talked to many accutane sufferers. I've read all the post-accutane side effects threads. supplements don't help, just buy time while you look for new solutions.

accutane tilted you in direction opposite to what supplements are trying to achieve.

for example, zinc? good for acne sufferers. bad for accutane sufferers, because it mobilizes vitamin a from the liver.

fish oil? good for acne sufferers. bad for accutane sufferers, because it binds to the same thyroid receptors as accutane.

it's okay, though. feel free to try them. but i'm just saying what i know, given my experience and others.

QUOTE (IndigoRush @ Oct 18 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#5 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (john1234 @ Oct 19 2010, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have tried most of them. I've talked to many accutane sufferers. I've read all the post-accutane side effects threads. supplements don't help, just buy time while you look for new solutions.

accutane tilted you in direction opposite to what supplements are trying to achieve.

for example, zinc? good for acne sufferers. bad for accutane sufferers, because it mobilizes vitamin a from the liver.

fish oil? good for acne sufferers. bad for accutane sufferers, because it binds to the same thyroid receptors as accutane.

it's okay, though. feel free to try them. but i'm just saying what i know, given my experience and others.

This shit doesn't get any easier.
There's an ebook by Bill Sardi on accutane.
He's some doctor (I dunno).
But he says Zinc is one you should take.
I don't know what to do.

QUOTE (IndigoRush @ Oct 18 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#6 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

What I don't understand is this:

Why do accutane sufferers have to avoid Vitamin A.
Accutane, if I'm right, is the equivilent of a huge does of Vitamin A.
Why would a carrot do any damage, or say a Multivitamin with 100% RDA of Vitamin A?

Please explain.
Don't all vitamins just go out of you within 24 hours?

#7 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

I partially agree with you John! Only cause some have been severely deficent in certian vitamins after accutane. By all means I am not saying I am cured, but some have helped me.

Indigo- like John said Zinc is a no no, and fish oil is not good for us suffers. I know for normal people fishoil is great on joints, but for us it is not.

I believe Lamarr recived benifits w/ L-car regarding his muscle and joint pain, however his was not extreme. As there have been studies where some accutane users were low on this.

You may want to speak to him regarding lasers for the hair if supplements aren't working and you have no hormonal or iron deficency. I am assuming you have read the hairloss thread.

I have had sucess w/ Hyluronic acid (some people I have read had sucess w/joints????) some w/ the eyes however, I also stay away from acidic foods,(oj,tomatos,ketchup,vinger,etc.) the computer as much as possible, try and keep them covered if outside in the winter. I also though do use restasis periodically and take plaquenil. However, I think I sent you NCC report and he also has sjorgen's issues and uses a supplement that has helped him, dioxycholor ?????

If you are taking D3 you need to make sure you are taking it after a meal and w/ chelated or Citrate Magnesium and some calcium. Otherwise your not reaping the benifit.

Have you tried streching and sit ups/crunches if it is your lower back????? You must remember if you taking a supplement or vitamin read up on it to see if you need another supplement to help it asorb better.

Hope things are looking up!

John I was given a rx cream for dryness of skin, acutally the worst eczema cases are given it. It is new, if it works I will let you know. That is if you are still having issues.

Edited by oli girl, 19 October 2010 - 10:17 AM.

#8 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (IndigoRush @ Oct 19 2010, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would a carrot do any damage, or say a Multivitamin with 100% RDA of Vitamin A?

Please explain.

Vitamin A is fat soluble so it stores in the fat cells, beta is sppouse to be the safe form, however alot of accutane suffers (like myself) have problems w/ even beta form of Vit A. I can't eat carrots and heaven forbid if I have milk.
There's a lot more scientific reason regarding A,(accutane) but I don't have time to lay it all out right now.

#9 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

Hey you...

I remember you were the person to link me to Bill Sardi's book and at the end he states that Zinc should be taken, so I am very confused.
I read your explaination but the label of Zinc states uses to boost the immune system.
I don't understand what you are agreeing with John about - I thought he said no Vitamins help and you are saying some have helped?

I dunno what to do with all my vitamins now.
I'm taking one for hair (which contains all the things that are supposed to help) and it contains Zinc. So I should just throw them out? Can I expect any of the effects to wear of if I stop Vitamin A Intake? Or will they just get worse if I carry on?

(THIS SUCKS!!!!)

My muscle and joint pain is not extreme as such either.
I know about the lasers he got from LED man, I just don't believe in it. And it seems like a lot of time and energy to expend... Not to mention money.

Hyaluronic acid I've been taking for a few months and haven't noticed any of it's so called 'wonderful' benefits.

I'm getting my thyroid checked next week and iron deficiency.
What's wrong with Acidic foods like Tomatoes!?!?

I work 8 hours a day at a computer. I know it's not good for anyone, but I don't know what else I'm supposed to do for money. The only thing I feel motivated to do is Music and this cr*p is holding me back.

The supplement Nathan Carr uses is banned from what he last told me. It's not available in the UK anyway.

As for Vitamin D3, do you take this? I forget why I bought it except for the thought that it would make me feel happy - Like when you get some fresh air and sunshine.

So should I get magnesium as a supplement and take them together?
What benefit should this bring?

Thanks for the reply x

QUOTE (oli girl @ Oct 19 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I partially agree with you John! Only cause some have been severely deficent in certian vitamins after accutane. By all means I am not saying I am cured, but some have helped me.

Indigo- like John said Zinc is a no no, and fish oil is not good for us suffers. I know for normal people fishoil is great on joints, but for us it is not.

I believe Lamarr recived benifits w/ L-car regarding his muscle and joint pain, however his was not extreme. As there have been studies where some accutane users were low on this.

You may want to speak to him regarding lasers for the hair if supplements aren't working and you have no hormonal or iron deficency. I am assuming you have read the hairloss thread.

I have had sucess w/ Hyluronic acid (some people I have read had sucess w/joints????) some w/ the eyes however, I also stay away from acidic foods,(oj,tomatos,ketchup,vinger,etc.) the computer as much as possible, try and keep them covered if outside in the winter. I also though do use restasis periodically and take plaquenil. However, I think I sent you NCC report and he also has sjorgen's issues and uses a supplement that has helped him, dioxycholor ?????

If you are taking D3 you need to make sure you are taking it after a meal and w/ chelated or Citrate Magnesium and some calcium. Otherwise your not reaping the benifit.

Have you tried streching and sit ups/crunches if it is your lower back????? You must remember if you taking a supplement or vitamin read up on it to see if you need another supplement to help it asorb better.

Hope things are looking up!

John I was given a rx cream for dryness of skin, acutally the worst eczema cases are given it. It is new, if it works I will let you know. That is if you are still having issues.

#10 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

What happens if you have carrots and/or milk??

QUOTE (oli girl @ Oct 19 2010, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (IndigoRush @ Oct 19 2010, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please explain.

Vitamin A is fat soluble so it stores in the fat cells, beta is sppouse to be the safe form, however alot of accutane suffers (like myself) have problems w/ even beta form of Vit A. I can't eat carrots and heaven forbid if I have milk.
There's a lot more scientific reason regarding A,(accutane) but I don't have time to lay it all out right now.

#11 ashking11

ashking11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

he explodes

#12 Shantelle

Shantelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

Heya
Would maybe be a good idea for you to see a Rheumatologist is side effects get real bothersome and fail to be relieved by anything. Oli Girl and I are both on Plaquenil to relieve various symtpoms. We see a Rheum because accutane seems to have an negative effect on the autoimmune system giving lupus-like side effects. In fact i've recenlty been diagnosed with Lupus offically based on blood tests and physical symptoms. Life goes on though...
Best wishes and hope you find relief soon, Shantelle

Edited by Shantelle, 19 October 2010 - 10:09 PM.

#13 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Shantelle @ Oct 20 2010, 05:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heya
Would maybe be a good idea for you to see a Rheumatologist is side effects get real bothersome and fail to be relieved by anything. Oli Girl and I are both on Plaquenil to relieve various symtpoms. We see a Rheum because accutane seems to have an negative effect on the autoimmune system giving lupus-like side effects. In fact i've recenlty been diagnosed with Lupus offically based on blood tests and physical symptoms. Life goes on though...
Best wishes and hope you find relief soon, Shantelle

Hi Shantelle.
Thanks for your reply and kind words.
I've personally never heard of a 'Rheumatologist'... Would they be called something different in the UK?

Is it something that is within public care like a doctor, or is it privately run like a dermatologist?

Thanks again.x

#14 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

Thanks Shantelle, Yes would be a good ideal to see a Rhuem and possibly a eye doctor.

Also If I remember correctly Bill Sardi said it was a supplement that should be taken if thinking of taking accutane. He gave recommendation on supplements while taking it. Not if you were damaged by accutane. I'll have to relook

Yes take magnesium with Vit D and for me it helped my mood, memory and hopefully my bone problem from Accutane. Though they don't click anylonger.

Oh, yeah I foregot about that with Nathan....I think he is searching for something similar that will help.

As for tomatos etc...If you have severe dry eyes then it is similar to thoose who suffer from sjorgen's. Google it. Many have problems w/ acidic foods and relief when they stay away from them. It has helped me. Well if you have to work on a computer it really would be a good ideal to see a eye doc/rheum.
As for your lab results make sure you get them #'s that is. Thyroid should be between 2.0-3.0 anything above that is not good and iron Ferritin levels should be at 70 for hair.

Might be good to have other hormones checked as testerone etc....Hope this make sense and helps.

#15 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (oli girl @ Oct 20 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Shantelle, Yes would be a good ideal to see a Rhuem and possibly a eye doctor.

Also If I remember correctly Bill Sardi said it was a supplement that should be taken if thinking of taking accutane. He gave recommendation on supplements while taking it. Not if you were damaged by accutane. I'll have to relook

Yes take magnesium with Vit D and for me it helped my mood, memory and hopefully my bone problem from Accutane. Though they don't click anylonger.

Oh, yeah I foregot about that with Nathan....I think he is searching for something similar that will help.

As for tomatos etc...If you have severe dry eyes then it is similar to thoose who suffer from sjorgen's. Google it. Many have problems w/ acidic foods and relief when they stay away from them. It has helped me. Well if you have to work on a computer it really would be a good ideal to see a eye doc/rheum.
As for your lab results make sure you get them #'s that is. Thyroid should be between 2.0-3.0 anything above that is not good and iron Ferritin levels should be at 70 for hair.

Might be good to have other hormones checked as testerone etc....Hope this make sense and helps.

Thanks again, my friend.

I was going to ask about hormones.
Is that another blood test?

I'll let you know how my Thyroid and iron come back xxxx