Photo

Weight gain diet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 ringledman

ringledman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:07 AM

Can anyone help me and recommend the type of diet that works best whilst weight training but still o.k. for acne?

Does taking a lot of protein & carbs a day make your skin worse?

Thanks.
'Live the dream, don't dream the life'

'You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take'

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:17 PM

Nope. Eat whatever you need to gain; for almost everyone, diet and acne aren't really that related.

#3 francesco fiora

francesco fiora

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:40 PM

hahaha. i tried gaining weight too a while back and during that time is when my acne started showing up. i drank a lot of milk and lots of that weight gainer shit and it caused my acne to get a lot worse. besides, dont worry if your skinny just do lots of crunches and cardio. girls dig abs and a lean look more than a bulky muscular look.

#4 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:54 PM

It doesn't look good when you have a washboard stomach and have noodle arms and legs and your hip bones are sticking out. PLus we all have a washboard stomach, it's just the amount of fat around that area.

In high school I was 6' and 145lbs on a good day. I had abs showing because I was so skinny but the rest of me looked bad. Now at 6'1" I'm 190lbs and still look lean, just athletic.. You'd have to be in the 210lbs+ range before anyone accuses you of being bulky.

#5 Chloe646

Chloe646

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:09 PM

Diet and acne are very related for some people. Hey guess what I went to the derm today and there was girl working behind the desk with very obvious acne, cysts on one side of her face and well, what a coinkidink.....she was talking about how she ate A LOT of SOY...THAT is what caused bad acne for me (I haven't had it since I stopped the soy)...Plus, some people look like they just have bad skin but her skin looked like it was supposed to be great, the pores were small, etc..she just had these cysts all on one side of her heek, I didn't say anything tho, I should have maybe
The warmth of the sun reminds her of the day-she remembers the day when things were going her way-only memories remain-of the way she used to be-She stays home every night and exaggerates her past..all the old photographs were never thrown away-what made her cry-she'll never go back again-the way she used to be

#6 Makaveli

Makaveli

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:28 PM

I think you can basically eat whatever you want.. Good rule of thumb for people who are trying to gain weight is at least 1 gram of protein per pound that you weight, and try to keep you carbs moderate, while cutting back on simple carbs.. So about 180-250 G's of carbs would suffice..Also, flaxseed oil is a good source of fat and eggs are always good too for fat and protein.

#7 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 August 2004 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (BenKweller @ Aug 9 2004, 01:04 PM)
Nope. Eat whatever you need to gain; for almost everyone, diet and acne aren't really that related.

No thats definately a load of bollocks..

stick to eating really healthy stuff. Its very hard work but worth the reward!
Good meats, i mainly eat a lot of chicken, tuna, trout etc, and a good load of vegatables and fruit.
Try to leave the Mars barz, not good for any f**ker, and if you happen to be one of the unfortuate ones that do get affected by diet, your gona scar up afterwards..

Worth trying an expensive Whey protein as well. .

#8 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:22 AM

smile.gif Only bollocks for some.

I'm one of those kids who was both never affected by food (in regards to acne) and food (in regards to weight). I ate like a pig and usually lost weight so everyone's different.

Just be cautious,

#9 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2004 - 08:03 PM

You're one lucky bollock, Ben

#10 thedude222

thedude222

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2004 - 12:16 PM

I got no acne through sophomore year, then I started eating a lot, using whey shakes, drinking a lot of milk, lifting 3 days a week and I gained 20lbs of lean muscle mass in a year and a half but I started getting acne and while i lift i basicallly have 3 zits or so always on my face...i'm stopping lifting and drinking milk for the next three weeks and seeing what happens...If you're an acne prone person it's probably impossible to stay clear during bulking except maybe with accutane

#11 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:45 PM

How easily do you gain fat? Do you categorize yourself as an ectomorph, endomorph or mesomorph?
before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"

#12 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2004 - 04:51 PM

To clarify, an ectomorph is someone who gains very little fat (if any) regardless of food intake, while an endomorph is at the opposite extreme - someone who easily gains fat. A mesomorph is the ideal, which is somewhere in between.
before you judge me take a look at you
can't you find something better to do
point the finger, slow to understand
arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand

- Metallica, "holier than thou"