Photo

Blueberries VS Grapes ?

riboflavin niacin calcium magnesium zinc low glycemic phenol depression

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 blueberry~san

blueberry~san

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

Obviously, they are two different kind of shape, taste, nutrition within wink.gif , I just want to know which one is better amused.gif ?

Edited by blueberry~san, 18 October 2010 - 08:51 PM.

#22 squirtle

squirtle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:23 AM

I will drink 5 bottles of wine per day and report back.

#23 blueberry~san

blueberry~san

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (squirtle @ Oct 19 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will drink 5 bottles of wine per day and report back.

Ok squirtle ! I'm with you , if you have any help about grape thing, just ask wink.gif. But what do you have for your diet everyday eusa_think.gif ?

#24 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (blueberry~san @ Oct 18 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously, they are two different kind of shape, taste, nutrition within wink.gif , I just want to know which one is better amused.gif ?

Neither. They contain different antioxidents. And there are many more antioxident rich foods just as beneficial. Cocoa, green tea, just about every other berry, fruit and colorful vegetable, just about every other kind of tea, herbs, spices.

#25 tree23

tree23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

Who cares??? Eat them both!
I like blueberries thrown over a salad, in a green smoothie, mixed with watermelon and almonds for a delicious fruit salad.
Grapes are also good in a fruit salad, or on their own. They're slightly more expensive than the frozen blueberries I buy, but I don't care I get them both!

If you're looking for an answer so you can just buy the 'better' one, thats silly. They are unique, and both delicious.

#26 blueberry~san

blueberry~san

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:15 AM

Well, to add some information about grapes and blueberries, it would be better if this article posted rolleyes.gif :

Purple Gems of Life: Red Grapes and Blueberries

For those of us who still doubted it, scientific research brings further proof of the fact that fruit really are the quintessential fountain of life, a never-ending source of potent beneficial substances that can help fight off Alzheimer's and prolong our lives, as well as improve the functioning of our higher reasoning skills, such as thinking, learning and judging. Recent studies have proved that two types of fruit in particular could hold the key to a longer, better life, safe from the ravaging effects of time: red grapes and blueberries.

Believe it or not, red grapes don't have to be turned into wine in order to be tasty and extremely valuable for our health. The skin of red grapes contains a powerful anti-aging chemical called resveratrol, which is said to be something similar to a modern elixir of life. Although there has been little research on the direct impact of this substance on humans, research conducted on mice yielded spectacular results. Mice exposed to resveratrol "live longer, are almost immune to the effects of obesity and don't get diabetes, cancer and Alzheimer's as frequently", explains Harvard Medical School professor Dr David Sinclair, who pioneered the research.

And apparently, he's taken very seriously, as the company he founded to try and develop a synthetic form of the substance has just been taken over by GlaxoSmithKline, UK's leading pharmaceutical giant. Resveratrol is believed to stimulate the activation of the so-called "survival" gene known as sirtuin, which helps protect our hearts from the effects of aging. A daily healthy helping of red grapes could therefore prove to be one of the wisest steps we could take to prolong our lives and ensure that we have a healthy heart.

Blueberries are the other welcomed, must-have addition to our daily diets. These little purple gems have a demonstrated impact on our memories, as they were proven to reverse some of the effects of degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's. This is all down to blueberries being rich in flavonoids, compounds that interact with nerve cells and help improve communication between them while also helping the regeneration of brain cells. The direct effect of this is an improved memory, both short and long term, and also improved cognitive functions. So, my advice is, work as many of these fruits as possible into your diets and enjoy their taste and wonderful, life-giving properties.

Source : http://news.softpedi...ies-87533.shtml

Edited by blueberry~san, 20 October 2010 - 12:15 AM.

#27 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

Neither one is better, because you need a variety.

No one is responding to your insistence that we pick one because it is foolish.

#28 Naturalis

Naturalis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:53 PM

It sounds really weird to me that some single foods originally available (often seasonally) only in certain areas of the world would be somehow essential to health.

Applies to many plant foods, teas etc. that are hyped everywhere.

The benefits of the antioxidants from fruits/veggies is also just a theory and the scientific proof behind it isn't really strong at all.

Edited by Naturalis, 20 October 2010 - 12:54 PM.

#29 blueberry~san

blueberry~san

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

well, when it comes to an issue, i definitely urge to answer my question right away? I just want to know which one is more beneficial to your skin when you have to choose one of them.

I really understand we need a variety, but that's my quest to search which is the better considering by price, result, and usage from both of the fruit.

By the way, it's free to sharing thought in this forum right ? Freedom forum eusa_clap.gif

#30 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

While the resveratrol probably has more benefit specifically to acne, to get enough from grapes, you'd have to eat a lot and the negative effects from the glycemic impact would cancel that out. You'd be better off supplementing or getting it from the seaweed or whatever it is they use to make the supplements.

Therefore, the grapes are not better. And the lower sugar blueberries are really not any better than black berries or any other number of low sugar antioxident rich fruits, teas, herbs, etc.

And yes, it's a free forum. I was merely telling you why you were not getting the answer you were looking for.

Oh, and if you want to consume things that will help your acne, try greens, cabbage, broccoli and other sulfur containing veggie, fatty fish for the omega 3s and sources of zinc like the greens, seeds, animal protein, etc. You can make a smoothie of the greens and blueberries or any other low sugar antioxident rich fruit.

Edited by alternativista, 21 October 2010 - 03:48 PM.

#31 blueberry~san

blueberry~san

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:58 AM

regarding resveratrol from either grapes or blueberries, i found something that we can use for making the issue better to discuss and much clearer hifive.gif :

I got this interesting posting from this forum too tongue.gif :

Being the nerd I am,

I research a lot in regards to acne. I am into lifting, and a while I ago, I bought biotest's res-v. A little while I ago, I too testosterone boosters, which resulted in painful nodules all over my face. I immediately quit taking all lifting supplements cause I was scared to aggravate my condition any farther. I also got pretty lazy in lifting. Well recently I have decided to get back into it and I came across this bottle. I wanted to take it but, it said testosterone supporting formula, so I googled it and to my suprise Resveratrol is benefical to acne!

I put it in the search button and came across very helpful posts by autonomous. In my other thread, Jemini posted an interesting idea about PPARs and how they might affect acne.

Apparently resveratrol is a potent 5 lipoxygenase inhibitor. 5 lipoyxgenase converts arachinodic acid into pro-inflammatory leukotrines. According to the studies posted by autonomous, these leukotrines can stimulate the sebaceous glands. Arachinodic downregulates PPARs, which affect rxr receptors, just like how accutane works!

In additionm, resveratrol is a CYP1A1 enzyme inhibior. CYP1A1 is an ezyme that encourages the breakdown of retinoic acid which maybe be the reason why the cells in our skins begin to disfunction, resulting in hyperkeratinization.

Here is a study of topical resveratrol and acne:
http://www.freepaten...0010056071.html

Source : http://www.acne.org/...ol-t165897.html

Edited by blueberry~san, 22 October 2010 - 02:01 AM.