Photo

Collagen Supplements!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 miserable!

miserable!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

So I've been using "Collagen" by Nature's Bounty for the last month and a half. I've been taking 3 pills, twice daily as it says to do. I don't know if I'm going crazy over here but I honestly can say I think my indented/pitted scarring on cheeks have actually plumped up. They don't look nearly as rough as they did a month and a half ago. I actually see my face when I look in the mirror and not all my indentions. Has anyone ever tried these before? They've also helped with my hair growth and nail growth as well so I'm not complaining! Just curious if anyone has had success with collagen supplements before?

#2 Liquid_Ocelot

Liquid_Ocelot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (miserable! @ Oct 16 2010, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I've been using "Collagen" by Nature's Bounty for the last month and a half. I've been taking 3 pills, twice daily as it says to do. I don't know if I'm going crazy over here but I honestly can say I think my indented/pitted scarring on cheeks have actually plumped up. They don't look nearly as rough as they did a month and a half ago. I actually see my face when I look in the mirror and not all my indentions. Has anyone ever tried these before? They've also helped with my hair growth and nail growth as well so I'm not complaining! Just curious if anyone has had success with collagen supplements before?

I've taken them before, didn't really notice a difference.

#3 Hopeful~

Hopeful~

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (miserable! @ Oct 15 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, this would be like a miralce to me!!! I am dealing with pitted scarring on the left side of my face and totally depressed about it. I didn't start getting acne until about 4 months ago for the first time in my life at 27! I have been trying to research all of these scar treatments and it is so frustrating!! But I have heard a few things about these pills, i might give it a shot. What kind of makeup do you use for the scarring? I need help!!

#4 miserable!

miserable!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Hopeful~ @ Oct 15 2010, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, this would be like a miralce to me!!! I am dealing with pitted scarring on the left side of my face and totally depressed about it. I didn't start getting acne until about 4 months ago for the first time in my life at 27! I have been trying to research all of these scar treatments and it is so frustrating!! But I have heard a few things about these pills, i might give it a shot. What kind of makeup do you use for the scarring? I need help!!

Well, I'm hoping it is from these supplements because I haven't done anything different but keep up with making sure I'm exfoliating and putting on sulfur masks every week. Maybe they look more even toned with my skin because I'm not obsessing over them like I used to? I'm not sure. I do believe in my case, its helped A LOT! So look into it!! It is so frustrating, I can't even tell you how long I've looked for treatments without going to the dermo. Well I'm using BeneFit Porefessional as a primer which REALLY helps with the indents and hasn't caused my skin to breakout. As far as concealer, I use MAC Studio Finish and follow up with MAC Studio Fix Fluid or my Revlon Colorstay. I'm not in love with the concealer but I want to finish it up.. Use everything very sparingly though because it can tend to look cakey a bit. You can also play up with your primer a bit and use it after you apply your concealer but make sure you let everything sit for a couple minutes! Good luck I hope I somehow helped!

#5 nessie01

nessie01

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:30 AM

Thanks for your post. I'm wondering if I can gets these pills in Australia? I will try to track some down and I will look for that primer too. Thanks again!

#6 Mr President

Mr President

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (nessie01 @ Oct 16 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your post. I'm wondering if I can gets these pills in Australia? I will try to track some down and I will look for that primer too. Thanks again!

hmm, i ordered some collagen tablets by a company called hydroplenish. i remember using them for a few months before i started buying the NOW HA + MSM. i found the latter to be much better. to be honest, i dont think i saw any real results with the first. i suppose if it worked for you, then thats simply awesome wink.gif

#7 Goneandnvrcominbak

Goneandnvrcominbak

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:47 AM

Very interesting. What's the exact brand name and description? I notice there's many different kinds Of collagen by natures bounty. Do you know if there are any side effects when taking it or have you experienced any? Let me known pls.
Eff my life. I'm done. Eff everything.

#8 softly_softly

softly_softly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

I would be very skeptical. There's zero scientific proof that these supplements boost collagen production, unless there's been a breakthrough in the last couple of years.

#9 Hopeful~

Hopeful~

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (miserable! @ Oct 16 2010, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm hoping it is from these supplements because I haven't done anything different but keep up with making sure I'm exfoliating and putting on sulfur masks every week. Maybe they look more even toned with my skin because I'm not obsessing over them like I used to? I'm not sure. I do believe in my case, its helped A LOT! So look into it!! It is so frustrating, I can't even tell you how long I've looked for treatments without going to the dermo. Well I'm using BeneFit Porefessional as a primer which REALLY helps with the indents and hasn't caused my skin to breakout. As far as concealer, I use MAC Studio Finish and follow up with MAC Studio Fix Fluid or my Revlon Colorstay. I'm not in love with the concealer but I want to finish it up.. Use everything very sparingly though because it can tend to look cakey a bit. You can also play up with your primer a bit and use it after you apply your concealer but make sure you let everything sit for a couple minutes! Good luck I hope I somehow helped!

Thanks for your help, I will def. try the primer! So have you looke in to scar treatments? I feel like the best thing would be a TCA cross and subcision, possibly fillers. I want to to the CO2 laser, but I'm too scared to take the risk, if the scarring became worse I would have a heart attack!! LOL

#10 miserable!

miserable!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (frannymae @ Oct 16 2010, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very interesting. What's the exact brand name and description? I notice there's many different kinds Of collagen by natures bounty. Do you know if there are any side effects when taking it or have you experienced any? Let me known pls.

It's simply called "Collagen" with Vitamin C. It's in a green bottle. I haven't experienced any side effects at all. They are hard to swallow though because of their size but nothing a whole glass of water won't help with. This is my own personal experience, I'm not trying to create false hope with anyone but I know I got pretty good but slight results so they look a bit softened.. Good luck!

#11 miserable!

miserable!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Hopeful~ @ Oct 16 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (miserable! @ Oct 16 2010, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your help, I will def. try the primer! So have you looke in to scar treatments? I feel like the best thing would be a TCA cross and subcision, possibly fillers. I want to to the CO2 laser, but I'm too scared to take the risk, if the scarring became worse I would have a heart attack!! LOL

I have looked into scar treatments, mainly the CO2 and fillers. I actually remember watching this girls journey from day one all the way to complete recovery on YouTube from the CO2. Her results looked wonderful and definitely appeared to look even toned but I recall her saying she had to go back for another treatment. I on the other hand would run at that chance because my scars weren't as deep as hers (thinking maybe I'd only need one treatment?) but I'm broke and I'm scared as well as if they became worse.

#12 Goneandnvrcominbak

Goneandnvrcominbak

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (miserable! @ Oct 17 2010, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (frannymae @ Oct 16 2010, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's simply called "Collagen" with Vitamin C. It's in a green bottle. I haven't experienced any side effects at all. They are hard to swallow though because of their size but nothing a whole glass of water won't help with. This is my own personal experience, I'm not trying to create false hope with anyone but I know I got pretty good but slight results so they look a bit softened.. Good luck!

Thanks!
Eff my life. I'm done. Eff everything.